How are you preparing for Nex?

TheAncient

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if this boss will have a attack that drains combat stats, or maybe disease/poison. I mean, it has 15 different attacks, it can't just be combat related :)

It'll drain your fletching level, and if it hits 0, it'll start draining your prayer.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I wonder if this boss will have a attack that drains combat stats, or maybe disease/poison. I mean, it has 15 different attacks, it can't just be combat related :)

It'll drain your fletching level, and if it hits 0, it'll start draining your prayer.

I meant not all attacks that do range/melee/magic damage, I meant poison/disease and stat drain attacks.

Attacks that do not directly give combat damage but inflicts you with poison for example.

I still cant find where to sign up for OTG :mellow:

annnnyway, maxed gear minus divine so ill be fine

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

I wish I could join OTG, but they have stupid requirements like 96 summoning and 95 herblore. Yaks are a personal benefit in that you can bank drops; ponies are as good or better most of the time. And you can make OVL at 92 herb easily.

There are other reasons for summoning besides yaks, and yaks are so you can stay for longer at boss trips o. I understand the 92 herb thing for making overloads, but have fun logging out every 59 seconds to make the required number of overloads. 95 is easier with ales to make the large supply you need + it means you won't cut corners in choosing cheaper gear/inventory in the future. 92-95 isn't that many ext->OL anyway.

Wish there were a way for good MHer's to gather together without having to join clans like OTG, lol.

Add me and if I find a good cc/irc channel I'll let you know and vice versa.

2496 Completionist

Wish there were a way for good MHer's to gather together without having to join clans like OTG, lol.

done deal, my dg perm team is probably gonna hunt the boss together too

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I might have myself + 3 - 4 others who are all maxed gear, OVLs, etc, who could join, if you like / if we were invited. Dependant on how many are needed to effectively kill the mofker.

To answer whoever asked about golden hammer placeholders; all I will say is that they are one of the only items with a destroy option that actually stays in your deathpile.

I might have myself + 3 - 4 others who are all maxed gear, OVLs, etc, who could join, if you like / if we were invited. Dependant on how many are needed to effectively kill the mofker.

To answer whoever asked about golden hammer placeholders; all I will say is that they are one of the only items with a destroy option that actually stays in your deathpile.

yeah sure thing, like you said we'll see how many we need once the boss comes but it's always nice to have good mhers available :)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Seeing as I have just started playing again a couple of weeks ago, and am just getting membs back tomorrow, I will be not preparing. Anyways, I don't even have the stats for Nex, let alone any GWD boss, besides maybe Bandos, haha.

Pretty much done with rs now

Sounds similar to a pm I got from someone else the other day...wouldn't it be funny if it ended up to be the same team? Though it's going to take 2 perm teams to hold a world.

2496 Completionist

...but in all seriousness, the only thing I'm doing is waiting for Nex to come out before buying a chaotic. Who knows-- magic might actually be the most effective way to kill a boss for once.

Either magic will be the most effective way to kill a boss, in which case I have already have ahrims, sol, arcane necklace and recently got shield (no, not because of Nex) in which case, I'm fairly well set. If not, then damn. I'm not going out of my way to prepare for it - I think really, the only people who are trying to prepare for it are (or are near being) 138s with overloads and chaotics.

I really hope they don't make something that can just get WTFPWNT by a large mass of people with overloads, claws, steel titans, etc. Something like a DG boss, limit the amount of people there, instance it, make it useful to have all three sides in the combat triangle there...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Converted my corp tab... should probably get more brews/rests.

nextab.png

I love your extra rapier.

I would be kinda preparing myself if I didn't have exams untill the end of January. Still, if I find some time in the first few days, I'll go check it out. Should find a good team first though (*hint* theancient).

I'm usually a lurker around here but I'd also like to join. PM me if so :)

As for preparing,

120p0k6.png

Waiting until its released to buy my 3rd chaotic. Also need to get my hands on some more spec restores and super prayers.

M_A_R_T.png

I'll be suiciding I guess, reading all guides/info I can find on him, check the GE for torva prices and see if they are snipeable. I'd join a mh team but I'm 123 combat, so yeah (might be getting uni soon though, so that helps, and got turm/ovl).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Converted my corp tab... should probably get more brews/rests.

nextab.png

I've always wonder, are super prayer worth it? You gain 10? more p.points at 99 for 41 per sip, but you loose the ability to have a cleaner inventory(i.e. yak holding prayer pots). Not to mention wyverns are a pain in my opinion, along side with grinding the bones.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M