How are you preparing for Nex?

TheAncient

I've always wonder, are super prayer worth it? You gain 10? more p.points at 99 for 41 per sip, but you loose the ability to have a cleaner inventory(i.e. yak holding prayer pots). Not to mention wyverns are a pain in my opinion, along side with grinding the bones.

I only use super prayers at corp (along with super rests, don't take just pray, or your mage level gets owned). Becuase it's not a good idea to use a yak there, you don't have to worry about not being able to fill it. For stuff like bandos, I guess you could do super prays in your inventory and super rests in the yak, but I just haven't experimented with it.

lalalasig2.png

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made about 3300 doses of super prayer on my way to 99 herblore, and I save them for when I *really* need them (corp teams, longer boss trips, etc). It's a waste to use them if you can bring more supplies than you will use in your available time. Super prays are also good at solo TDs to let you stay more overload doses, but not really necessary.

2496 Completionist

to everyone who is complaining about crowding *if* jagex by some miracle made nex team instanced what would you chose to do then? just curious :^_^:

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

to everyone who is complaining about crowding *if* jagex by some miracle made nex team instanced what would you chose to do then? just curious :^_^:

Then it wouldn't be as much about preparation as it would be about picking up the tactics and trying strategies when he does come out.

The first people to "figure it out" (assuming it is of sufficient complexity) will be in the best position to profit.

Obviously there's stuff you can do like form your teams and have a variety of gear, but in that scenario it would be more about getting the most efficient kills per hour.

Take TDs for example, the first day teams were messing around trying to figure it out getting 5-10 kills/hr, now people use darklight and solo 45 in that same period (granted, with better gear).

2496 Completionist

If they want it to have any effect for the general population (which I think they would considering this armor is supposed to help the people being 1-2 hit in pvp.) they either need to make it common enough that it won't have a super high price/be hoarded, or make it instanced so if you want a set you have the opportunity to go out and get one. Have a feeling it will be the first option since it would be strange having 10+ rare drops (3 armor sets of 3 pieces each + bow + robes). I could see maybe the armor being common and the robes and bow being rare, sort of the ratio between shards and armor/hilts are now.

Looking forward to it if it is instanced. If not then I probably won't even bother and just wait to buy the armor.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I'll probably end up trying to fight him the first week or so and will get nothing, then I'll try again in a month and get nothing, then will head back to frosts and just earn the money to buy it.

It's no big loss for me, all the supplies I had I didn't buy in prep for Nex. I already had them. I buy supplies before I need them so when something comes up, I got nothin' to sweat, while everyone else starts stressin that their brews etc. don't buy.

What if it was instanced and drops bound to whoever lootshared them? No coinshare at all.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I read a few pages and I noticed a lot of people want to kill Nex but can't join a good MH clan, how about the 'drop-outs' team up, I'd be up for that ;D

Some sort of TIF MH squad, sounds badass doesn't it.

Anyways I'd love to prepare and stuff but I don't have anyone to go with, so I'm afraid I'll just wait a month 'till everything is known about Nex then try to join a bunch of fails on the RSOF lmao

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Best preparation is a LOT of lsp I think.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I read a few pages and I noticed a lot of people want to kill Nex but can't join a good MH clan, how about the 'drop-outs' team up, I'd be up for that ;D

Some sort of TIF MH squad, sounds badass doesn't it.

Anyways I'd love to prepare and stuff but I don't have anyone to go with, so I'm afraid I'll just wait a month 'till everything is known about Nex then try to join a bunch of fails on the RSOF lmao

It would prolly be a bunch of sub level 100's and a few higher levels. Chaotic, dangerous and easily crashable by one of the many 15 man maxed teams that will be camping the boss for 40 hours straight after release.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I hope he has a mechanism that allows it to heal off of the players it kills. That would render Nex invincible FOR WEEKS. And I hope he's pile-defensive too, so that simply adding more dakka will be moot.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I hope he has a mechanism that allows it to heal off of the players it kills. That would render Nex invincible FOR WEEKS. And I hope he's pile-defensive too, so that simply adding more dakka will be moot.

I'd like an AoE Dharokish attack ... you think you nearly killed him aaaand ... ouch.

NEEDS MOAR DAKKA! :thumbsup:

Tropers unite!

td2sig.jpg

It must be far stronger then Corp if it's not gonna be soloable with turmoil and overload...

Or as mentioned be designed in such a way that you need two people to deal damage.

The first day it will seem both incredibly strong for small teams and easily killed in seconds by the masses. In time we will see standards like 6man corp emerge for it. Hard to tell what works and what doesn't right away.

2496 Completionist

It must be far stronger then Corp if it's not gonna be soloable with turmoil and overload...

Or as mentioned be designed in such a way that you need two people to deal damage.

The first day it will seem both incredibly strong for small teams and easily killed in seconds by the masses. In time we will see standards like 6man corp emerge for it. Hard to tell what works and what doesn't right away.

lets make nex a lvl 1 imp, but 1 person cant do dmg on it, however if 2 people are in the room then you just 1 hit it

there jagex made an unsoloable boss....oh what thats [bleep]ing retarted

if they want to make it unsoloable, dont make some dumb rule, just make it hard

a_final_name.png

lets make nex a lvl 1 imp, but 1 person cant do dmg on it, however if 2 people are in the room then you just 1 hit it

Well, that dumb rule makes it so we can't just be able to solo it 3 years from now when Jagex gives us flamethrowers and we can 1-hit every boss.

Well, that dumb rule makes it so we can't just be able to solo it 3 years from now when Jagex gives us flamethrowers and we can 1-hit every boss.

Well they already tried that idea with DK's and people still try to solo.

Stellactic.gif