How are you preparing for Nex?

TheAncient

I'm not. I hate MH'ing.

You don't know what you're missing.

Ot: Not really preparing, seeing as I won't be around anyway. I have what I'd need anyway: ovls, chaotics and plenty of cash to buy other gear.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't MH either, so I'm not preparing for Nex. Even if I did, my stats aren't high enough for it. Not preparing for it in any other ways either as I don't do any merchanting, though I might consider crafting some bloods or deaths.

sweepsig.png

Converted my corp tab... should probably get more brews/rests.

nextab.png

I've always wonder, are super prayer worth it? You gain 10? more p.points at 99 for 41 per sip, but you loose the ability to have a cleaner inventory(i.e. yak holding prayer pots). Not to mention wyverns are a pain in my opinion, along side with grinding the bones.

You could always just buy the bones, but you'll have to do the grinding yourself. Super prayer pots are definitely worth making, except when you really need the extra space from a yak, because it offers cheap herblore exp, since you are already going to use the pray pots anyway (and you get a nice p point boost ofc.).

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

I'm not. I hate MH'ing.

You don't know what you're missing.

Schedules, [wagon]s, dry streaks, elitists, etc...

Cool generalization bro :thumbup:

Nah, it's pretty accurate. And I say that as a monster hunter. It's a good money-making method, but it comes with a lot of headaches. Finding a three or four hour block of uninterrupted time to MH when you have to juggle school and other responsibilities (especially when you still live at home and have to deal with Mom's demands) is often difficult (and the main reason I don't play WoW), you encounter a LOT of elitist [wagon] both when trying to find teams and when getting crashed, and the dry streaks can be really demoralizing.

td2sig.jpg

who teams bosses these days? any solo trip to tds, dks, or bandos, will all take like 2, maybe 2.5 hours max.

that being said i predict nex to basically be a giant cluster[bleep] for the first few weeks

For people who have divines, yeah. But most people don't HAVE divines. And I team bosses because it's more something I do to relax at night (when there are fewer crashers and I don't have "Mom" hovering over me [bleep]ing because I've been on the computer for four hours straight). With all the crap that exists now (ext/ovl/turm/chaotics/unicorns, etc), GWD is a joke and I only really need to dedicate half my attention to it.

And yes, Nex will SUCK really badly for the first month or so after its release. Then, hopefully, if it is as strong or stronger than the CB most of the "gotta-do-it-nows" will crawl back to their holes and leave the pros to do Nex. Crashing has never really been much of an issue at CB (at least, nowhere near as bad as GWD) because you can't "farm" the Corp like other bosses due to its HP and damage output. If Nex is on-par with that in terms of difficulty, I think we'll see a similar situation where a lot of people will stop going after a few weeks when the novelty wears off and just the die-hards will remain... That's especially true if the KC process is as tedious or worse than Kree'Arra's.

td2sig.jpg

who teams bosses these days? any solo trip to tds, dks, or bandos, will all take like 2, maybe 2.5 hours max.

that being said i predict nex to basically be a giant cluster[bleep] for the first few weeks

For people who have divines, yeah. But most people don't HAVE divines.

Eh lol, I prefer solo bossing to team bossing and I don't have a divine, not even a 90+ combat stat (besides prayer). Doesn't mean I can't snag a few kills and get some claws :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Eh lol, I prefer solo bossing to team bossing and I don't have a divine, not even a 90+ combat stat (besides prayer). Doesn't mean I can't snag a few kills and get some claws :P.

Well, I meant that mainly in regards to soloing GWD bosses, especially Bandos. You need a Yak and/or a Divine to have the best experience soloing, and I have neither. :mellow: Yeah I know, "l2yaknub," but getting 92 herb for OVLs left me strapped for cash atm.

td2sig.jpg

I have a strong feeling Dragon Defenders will be better than Divines for FFA Nex, which is what I intend to do once Nex is released. If it's a boss you Mage, then I bought an Arcane. I might DG to 200k tokens and then get the Chaotic that's best for Nex if it's not Longsword/Rapier.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Well, I meant that mainly in regards to soloing GWD bosses, especially Bandos. You need a Yak and/or a Divine to have the best experience soloing, and I have neither. :mellow: Yeah I know, "l2yaknub," but getting 92 herb for OVLs left me strapped for cash atm.

People actually prefer the defender over divine some of the time. Same thing with steel titan vs. yak. And a unicorn does really well too, quite a bit of your gp/hr isn't from bones. That aside, I think you need to go out there and kill stuff :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I have a strong feeling Dragon Defenders will be better than Divines for FFA Nex, which is what I intend to do once Nex is released. If it's a boss you Mage, then I bought an Arcane. I might DG to 200k tokens and then get the Chaotic that's best for Nex if it's not Longsword/Rapier.

I have a strong feeling that at least some of the time Nex will be flying and therefore be immune to melee. Based on the teaser pics, it definitely looks like he is on the ground in one picture and flying in the other.

td2sig.jpg

I have a strong feeling that at least some of the time Nex will be flying and therefore be immune to melee. Based on the teaser pics, it definitely looks like he is on the ground in one picture and flying in the other.

Also it is a decent chance he will be using some sort of ancient curses or magicks. He may leech stats, he might freeze, ect.. Bosses typically drop items that are useful for killing them, so its possible range might be a primary offense against him with melee and mage being secondaries at times.

Question is, are a 2h melee/ranged/mage weapon going to be most effective, or will a shield and 1h weapons be the better option.

Also it is a decent chance he will be using some sort of ancient curses or magicks. He may leech stats, he might freeze, ect.. Bosses typically drop items that are useful for killing them, so its possible range might be a primary offense against him with melee and mage being secondaries at times.

Question is, are a 2h melee/ranged/mage weapon going to be most effective, or will a shield and 1h weapons be the better option.

Hence the Arcane and my DGing for a 3rd Chaotic. And if it's weak to the Bow it drops or anything else it drops, expect CRAZY prices if that item is required for serious FFAing or for pro teams.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I have 200k dungeoneering tokens stored for a shield, I am pretty sure melee will be the best way to kill it, but not the most efficient since it'll teleport around so you'll have to range or mage until you can get close to him and his melee will probably be extremely powerful, which is why the room has the shape to hide, it depends if you want to kill fast, or kill with magic/range and kill slightly slower and take less damage :\

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

It's a RS boss. Of course melee will be the best way to kill it. (EXCLUDING KREE)

But the shape of the room means A) the player has to move around a lot, or B) the boss will ;) so maybe not the most efficient way.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png