Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

Spam on forums might happen but I wouldn't care about that. That's why it's called spam, you're supposed to ignore it as it's trash. F2P does have many items. A person might keep a stock of runes/arrows, 3 different armor sets, random event things, tools (picks and axes), and sometimes during quests many things need to be used. And more weapons wouldn't suck. They might suck compared to all the "special weapons" in P2P but in F2P I'm pretty sure they won't suck. But most important would probably be bank space. F2P can still get extra bank spaces while playing for free, but I can understand the possibility of the forums getting overcrowded. More weapons wouldn't matter that much, but bank space takes priority. No bank space = no space for weapons. Still, its F2P and a person can't expect too much, but since this board was made for discussing, I may openly state my wishes for F2P

You should have 3 spots for ranged ammo + bows and ~10 for runes and staffs. All your armour sets should be in set form, Random event cloths are trash if you keep them its your choice. Only a few tools you need and for quests if you do them all you have no need for quest items. Lets see here, three spots for range, ten for magic. Your melee armour, range, and magic for another three spaces. For tools I will give you ten. Random cloths are your choice but thats 12 if you keep frog tokens.

3 + 10 + 3 + 10 + 12 = 38 bank spaces you need. I was being stingy and you need weapons and maybe some trimmed armour so I would say forty-oneish . If you need more items like ore (which you will need) you will use about sixty bank spaces. My numbers were off so I will give you eight more for the benefit of the doubt. (It happens to P2p also we get items somehow randomly in our bank that we want to keep so F2p should get SOME extra bankspace)

For the fourms could you imagine all the people going in their and making spam threads? It would be massivly chaotic as 90% of the threads would be spam and more threads to moderate is bad (don't bring up the forum ban aspect).

Spears suck. Period. Worse then Scimitars/Longswords and those are the only melee weapons worth using in F2p right?

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

I can see how the forums might get flooded, but extra bank space would still be very nice. Armor pieces in set form can be unsetted at the GE only (or did it get changed) so if somehow you need armor here and now how would you be able to access it. Ranged ammo... well, I collect all types \' , and also runes...tools are always needed, random event things I already restricted to around 4 pieces or something, and I finished all quests so I don't need that space so that would go towards space for stackables...blah blah blah... From what I remember I have 2 free spaces in my bank at the moment. 68 would be enough usually, but the main reason I may have use for more is during some event that I need to stock up on random items. Spears might suck, but it may add variety to F2P weapons choices. May add something new to melee combat, no matter how much they suck. Scimitars are not the only melee weapons in F2P, 2h and B-axe are also used, but longswords are sometimes neglected. But if spears do suck they must be cheap as there is a low demand for them, so they can be used by people on a budget. And again, a few extra bank spaces would indeed be useful, no matter how F2P have "few items". Since I still do have 2 spare spaces I do not 100% require extra space, but there has been times when I needed to buy things off the GE and fill my bank (for my personal reasons) And ..since when did this post become an arguing place over bank space for F2P. I prefer if we just drop this matter of bank space and let Jagex decide how much bank spaces F2P get :) . And now I have to go do some other thing.......that is RuneScape related.

It didn't get changed but It helps to do this as it is quick to make it to the GE if you teleport to varrock.

Adamant spear 1,050

Black spear 1,182

Bronze spear 151

Dragon spear 37.5k

Iron spear 171

Mithril spear 384

Rune spear 12.3k

Steel spear 147

Spears in a nutshell. Dragon one is at alch price.

Oddly enough in P2p we have spears in a barrow set thats 2.8m and one that is good at stabbing and at 1.2m.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

"Continue" to update the free game means update it at the same rate IMO.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

They have added so many things and new map parts to mems now that I think Jagex could give us free players a section of the mem map.

Like south of Al Kharad, or give us a part of the western map that includes Castle Wars. Or maybe they could at least give use the Tzhaar Caves.

Another Thing I don't get is giving nonmems the ranged skill without giving them the Fletching skill. We nonmems could fletch if they'd open up the skill to us. We nonmems can still get that knife for free. You know, the one that's in the varrock sewers. Why give us the materials required and not the skill itself. I just kinda think that's dumb. I've heard people complain about construction not being for nonmems when we can use planks and steel nails and the fact that there's a portal that's there in rimmington. Thing is that I understand the reason for them making that skill a mem only skill. Nonmems would find that it takes a lot of money to bring that skill up. They would be buying more planks and nails than they think. Also in nonmems, the fastest anyone could possibly make money is about 90-120k per hour. And that's by fighting lvl83 cockroach soldiers. mems can make at least twice that much money each hour. I have a friend that does godwars dungeons and one day he got two armadyl hilts which at the time was like 60-80m. That's insane. no1 can get that rich in nonmems that fast. If they were to open up the Tzhaar fight pits though, they might should go ahead and open up the abyssal whip and all the obsidian stuff to us. like that wierdly named shield that I can't spell. Just thought I'd throw that option out there to Jagex.

Zaderzun.png

Zaderzun.png

Zaderzun.png

Zaderzun.png

They have added so many things and new map parts to mems now that I think Jagex could give us free players a section of the mem map.

Like south of Al Kharad, or give us a part of the western map that includes Castle Wars. Or maybe they could at least give use the Tzhaar Caves.

Another Thing I don't get is giving nonmems the ranged skill without giving them the Fletching skill. We nonmems could fletch if they'd open up the skill to us. We nonmems can still get that knife for free. You know, the one that's in the varrock sewers. Why give us the materials required and not the skill itself. I just kinda think that's dumb. I've heard people complain about construction not being for nonmems when we can use planks and steel nails and the fact that there's a portal that's there in rimmington. Thing is that I understand the reason for them making that skill a mem only skill. Nonmems would find that it takes a lot of money to bring that skill up. They would be buying more planks and nails than they think. Also in nonmems, the fastest anyone could possibly make money is about 90-120k per hour. And that's by fighting lvl83 cockroach soldiers. mems can make at least twice that much money each hour. I have a friend that does godwars dungeons and one day he got two armadyl hilts which at the time was like 60-80m. That's insane. no1 can get that rich in nonmems that fast. If they were to open up the Tzhaar fight pits though, they might should go ahead and open up the abyssal whip and all the obsidian stuff to us. like that wierdly named shield that I can't spell. Just thought I'd throw that option out there to Jagex.

Runite mining is a faster way of making money than the Cockroaches.

The reason that members get what they have is because we pay for the game. F2P in total generates 7% of Jagex's revenue (going down due to the removal of video adverts).

I was going to agree with you, up until you said give f2P the tzhaar caves, and even the abyssal whip. The abyssal whip is one of the main draws to P2P. So why would Jagex give F2P a weapon that could make them more money?

F2P is limited like it is because pretty much every members area has usage of members only skills. e.g. Taverly. If Jagex gave taverly to F2P, what would happen? Nothing. Taverly is mainly used for summoning and Herblore. So what is the point of letting F2P have it. The desert (as you mentioned) is mainly used for granite mining, pyramid plunder and Slayer. So, the addition to pretty much any of the members places to F2P would be pointless. Moreover, if they did give F2P some of the members areas, they would have to give them skills to train, which defeats the point of getting members to actually train the skill.

Simple solution? If you don't like what you have, pay for membership.

So, If I'm getting this correctly -

Jagex should give us fletching because we already have the materials, and because it doesn't drain money; whereas Jagex shouldn't give us construction because we already have the materials, and because it drains money too quickly?

Um, no. I'm failing to see your logic.

I mean, why doesn't Jagex give us Summoning, Herblore, and Agility why they're at it?

We might not have the areas for those, but at least it doesn't drain money, does it?

Oh, and on the topic of money making. There have been points in time where I've made more than 600k in an hour merchanting things, with the grand exchange, in f2p. And also playing the GOP will get you ~100k in an hour if you're good at it/have a good clan. Or, as stated before, runite mining is 500k / hour. So I believe the argument that moneymaking capabilities in f2p should not dictate what kinds of skills Jagex releases to us. If you want these members skills/areas so badly, why not get a job irl? Working 2 hours in the US after taxes = 1 month of blissful membership.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

You don't really have too good of an argument there.

Ok so the stuff to fletch is already here. So what? Lumbridge swamp cave entrance is already here, should f2p therefore get slayer? Tears of Guthix? The Dorgshuun area? Agility? Kalphite Area (the caves are connected)?

And since you want to expand the f2p land, using your logic Jagex should eliminate p2p altogether and just give f2p everything.

I'm all for giving f2p new liberties, but there has to be better reasons than that.

Runite mining is a faster way of making money than the Cockroaches.

The reason that members get what they have is because we pay for the game. F2P in total generates 7% of Jagex's revenue (going down due to the removal of video adverts).

I was going to agree with you, up until you said give f2P the tzhaar caves, and even the abyssal whip. The abyssal whip is one of the main draws to P2P. So why would Jagex give F2P a weapon that could make them more money?

F2P is limited like it is because pretty much every members area has usage of members only skills. e.g. Taverly. If Jagex gave taverly to F2P, what would happen? Nothing. Taverly is mainly used for summoning and Herblore. So what is the point of letting F2P have it. The desert (as you mentioned) is mainly used for granite mining, pyramid plunder and Slayer. So, the addition to pretty much any of the members places to F2P would be pointless. Moreover, if they did give F2P some of the members areas, they would have to give them skills to train, which defeats the point of getting members to actually train the skill.

Simple solution? If you don't like what you have, pay for membership.

Well maybe its easy for you to afford membership. Nevertheless, not everyone can afford it. I will be mem again soon anyways, so I won't have to worry much about it anymore. They do however need to allow more blackmarks before bans and mutes. The last report put like 8 blackmarks on my account. i only had 5 and whatever happened, my account got muted permanently. also more bank space. i didn't like having to sell all the mem stuff before becoming a nonmem again. at least give previous mems a little more. we like to keep our charms and quest items theat are required for later quests.

Zaderzun.png

Zaderzun.png

Zaderzun.png

Zaderzun.png

Why can't F2P users post on the RS forums? Massive Spam

Why can't F2P users fletch? I mean, come on now. Why can F2p Craft? I think all skills but defense and farming should be P2p :roll:

Why can't F2P users have atleast 3 GE boxes? Because they are F2p. A Half-Demo.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

I think what F2P needs is to stop being called a demo. It's been said, by a Jagex official, that F2P is not and was never meant to be seen as a demo. Jagex totally sees F2P as a game in it's own, why do others not see it that way?

I guess it matters not at the time being, because they're changing F2P...

Still, it just irks me whenever some ignorant fool decides to describe F2P as a demo, regardless of what the new CEO said in his post.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

I think what F2P needs is to stop being called a demo. It's been said, by a Jagex official, that F2P is not and was never meant to be seen as a demo. Jagex totally sees F2P as a game in it's own, why do others not see it that way?

Still, it just irks me whenever some ignorant fool decides to describe F2P as a demo, regardless of what the new CEO said in his post.

+1

We'd also like to clear up a few issues surrounding the free game. RuneScape is different from all other MMOs in that the free game has an epic amount of content (we'd estimate over 2,000 hours worth to get all your skills up to 99 and complete all the quests) and isn't merely a demo for the members version. If anything, we see the members version as an expansion pack for those that really love the game and we feel both games are substantive in their own right.

+2

Note the Half-demo :P

Honestly I was joking

It could still fit the bill as a demo encase we get a new CEO so watch out.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Honestly I was joking

I wasn't directing the post at you, but you jokingly calling it a half-demo or whatever set me off, so sorry if I offended you =\

And we ARE getting a new CEO, he's the one who said that F2P isn't a demo and all that...

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

Honestly I was joking

I wasn't directing the post at you, but you jokingly calling it a half-demo or whatever set me off, so sorry if I offended you =\

And we ARE getting a new CEO, he's the one who said that F2P isn't a demo and all that...

I think he meant that that CEO might resign too for whatever reason. I don't think that's likely though.

Honestly I was joking

I think he meant that that CEO might resign too for whatever reason. I don't think that's likely though.

I dont think so, he seems pretty excited about being the new CEO.

I just remembered that F2Ps only have 2 Sell/Buy boxes on the GE. Maybe they deserve just one more?

Honestly I was joking

I just remembered that F2Ps only have 2 Sell/Buy boxes on the GE. Maybe they deserve just one more?

Not much you need to buy on f2p. And the item that they have usually sell/buy fast.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Honestly I was joking

Not much you need to buy on f2p. And the item that they have usually sell/buy fast.

Most of the skill products end up selling slowly, you'd be surprised how often I use up my 2 boxes.

He's right. I'm currently selling about 3000 tiaras from my recent bout in Crafting and I'm also selling Iron plates. Though both things are at the lowest price, they move slowly, so one more GE box couldn't hurt.

Then you get your 6000 tin and your 20000 willows and soon you need 6 boxes :-w

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

There are but 2 things that F2P should have that are members only right now:

1)Ability to cut maple trees (with some maples added in F2P world)

2)More bank space

That's all I ask for. :pray:

Actually, F2P's were able to cut Maple Trees years ago - there just were no Maples in the F2P area. :P The skill guide didn't say that only members can chop Maples, nor did the level-up message. It does now though.