Extremes in New Wildy

Pay_Me

203 members have voted

1. 1. Which Best describes your feelings?

• Allow Extremes in Wildy, there's no reason not to
    • Don't Allow Extremes, I can't use them
    • Don't Allow Extremes, I'm afraid of them
    • Don't Allow Extremes, "you can't see them"
    • Other, Please explain

Wow, the poll questions aren't too biased are they? Why not have an option of 'I want an over powerful advantage so allow them' or ' I want to 2 hit people so allow them'. The reason why not is because the OP wants them. Any reason not to have them is probably considered wrong.

Weapons and potions already add way too much to the damage players can do to each other. Even with Torva (which nobody should be pking in yet) and damage soaking, pking is not about skill but blind luck in getting two strong hits on an unsurprising enemy. Extremes would only add to this. Jagex's reasoning of not being able to see them to me sounds like a cover up for the reason I have just said. If they had said weapons are too powerful, people would just flame them for designing their game wrong and penalising others for it so they have had to come up with another reason.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its rediculous... this you cant see them you shouldnt be able to use them.. lol thats funny..either make them tradeable so the people that put in the time can sell them or let them use them... just like the guy said above me you cant see my d claws about to spec you.. you put in the time you should be able to reap the benefits.. you could drink the extreme before the wilderness wall in edgeville but as soon as you jump over it the air is different and you cant drink it??

Do not allow, because lp and food can't catch up to the dps(same reason jagex are now adding damage absorption and lp boosting gear).

Also, to any moron saying they want them allowed because they can use them(and i had 99 herblore before free trade was banished), what's the point? If jagex allows extremes/overloads, nobody without them would even consider pking and everyone would just get the levels. Extremes don't give anyone an advantage, rather would exclude people and make pking ALOT more luck based.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Do not allow, because lp and food can't catch up to the dps(same reason jagex are now adding damage absorption and lp boosting gear).

Also, to any moron saying they want them allowed because they can use them(and i had 99 herblore before free trade was banished), what's the point? If jagex allows extremes/overloads, nobody without them would even consider pking and everyone would just get the levels. Extremes don't give anyone an advantage, rather would exclude people and make pking ALOT more luck based.

The point would be mostly so I could still use my Extremes against monsters in the wilderness. There are monsters I prefer to slay in the wilderness, and I don't mind the added risk, even if player killers are there. I've killed the Chaos Elemental plenty of times over the past few years, despite its loot being terrible, and Extreme Potions definitely make it easier. Then there's green dragons in the wild, and Zamorak mages from clues, too. These are all part of the reason a lot of players paid for their extremes - PvM as a whole, and they're on the verge of being taken away if Extremes aren't allowed in the wilderness anymore.

If you don't want to fight against extremes go to f2p, problem solved.

PayMe.png

PayMe.png

I think they should allow extremes but only in high risk wildy worlds. people would be aware that pkers might have extremes/overloads. Just something to add to the high risk worlds

I love this idea, it gives tho who want to use them the chance and to the little cry babies they get the safe bubble-wrapped worlds.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

The point would be mostly so I could still use my Extremes against monsters in the wilderness. There are monsters I prefer to slay in the wilderness, and I don't mind the added risk, even if player killers are there. I've killed the Chaos Elemental plenty of times over the past few years, despite its loot being terrible, and Extreme Potions definitely make it easier. Then there's green dragons in the wild, and Zamorak mages from clues, too. These are all part of the reason a lot of players paid for their extremes - PvM as a whole, and they're on the verge of being taken away if Extremes aren't allowed in the wilderness anymore.

I think you mean your point, not the point. Most of the people want extremes for pvp combat. It's a valid point, but as MH-ing in the wilderness isn't particularly popular, i can't see this being a problem.

Oww, i can see the intelligence in your post. Making the wilderness a complete ****shoot of 1 item spec restore guys is clearly what we need.

Clearly, all the stupid skillers that think they can pk and having extremes will make them divine in the wilderness. Wake up, extremes wouldn't give an advantage to anyone, but would be a disadvantage to alot of people.

The reason is because herblore isnt a combat related skill.

Ok...food isnt cmb related either

Everyone can use food, can't they? If extremes are allowed in the wilderness there clearly needs to some combat levels added for herblore.

I think you mean your point, not the point. Most of the people want extremes for pvp combat. It's a valid point, but as MH-ing in the wilderness isn't particularly popular, i can't see this being a problem.

Oww, i can see the intelligence in your post. Making the wilderness a complete ****shoot of 1 item spec restore guys is clearly what we need.

Clearly, all the stupid skillers that think they can pk and having extremes will make them divine in the wilderness. Wake up, extremes wouldn't give an advantage to anyone, but would be a disadvantage to alot of people.

Ofc they will be a disadvantage.....someone with 98str is at and disadvantage when fighting someone with 99str. If you are wearing armor and get killed by a one itemer using extremes you deserve to die.

C'mon people wake up. Extremes are not overpowering anymore. The people that will be the most dangerous are the more skilled players.

PayMe.png

PayMe.png

Also, to any moron saying they want them allowed because they can use them(and i had 99 herblore before free trade was banished), what's the point?

Are you implying that anyone who wants them allowed is a moron, or are you asking "morons" to give you an explanation you are prejudiced against already? In either case, there IS a point for Extremes in the wilderness, as you just admitted.

Also, barring Daemonheim, Brutal Dragons (which aren't quite the same thing), and Chaos Tunnels (which requires going through the wilderness and is further complicated by the presence of Baby Black Dragons), the Wilderness is the only option for killing Green Dragons. The wilderness is the only option for killing the Chaos Elemental. Until Brimhaven Dungeon, the wilderness was the only option for hunting Red Dragons. When you have a Wilderness-located clue scroll, you don't have anywhere to do it but the Wilderness.

This all ties into the concept Jagex set before us - high risk, high rewards. The Wilderness not only has high risk, but the risk scales - as players get stronger over time, the wilderness gets more dangerous. PvM is an integral part of the wilderness, else there wouldn't be so many wilderness options for PvM or even non-combat situations. Remember Brawler Gloves? They're meant for people to do things in the wilderness for higher rewards that aren't necessarily PvP.

I earned my Extremes for PvM, and it's rather unfair if a big portion of PvM is suddenly rendered inaccessible to the potions, even if there are other reasons. It would be like saying tomorrow that you can't bring Extremes into the God Wars Dungeon, or Extremes no longer work for Slayer.

Ofc they will be a disadvantage.....someone with 98str is at and disadvantage when fighting someone with 99str. If you are wearing armor and get killed by a one itemer using extremes you deserve to die.

People with 90 str don't, >95% of the time, fight people with 99 str(atleast with melee), and at the same time, there is no reason to pk with supers when you know your opponent can use overloads or extremes, so there is no disadvantage. I can easily see people getting killed by two straight KS specs, with ext str and turmoil(1.5k max damage).

I earned my Extremes for PvM, and it's rather unfair if a big portion of PvM is suddenly rendered inaccessible to the potions, even if there are other reasons. It would be like saying tomorrow that you can't bring Extremes into the God Wars Dungeon, or Extremes no longer work for Slayer.

Big portion, really? as far as i can see(and i know you can give me a list of monsters noone will ever bother to kill in the wilderness) the only monster there is chaos elemental.

C'mon people wake up. Extremes are not overpowering anymore. The people that will be the most dangerous are the more skilled players.

You don't get what xpx means. As much as I normally seem to disagree with him, he is right on this one. If Extremes are allowed, those people you want to PK who have all these great items to loot will have them too making yours pointless. The people at a disadvantage will be the lower level people in lower level gear constantly being overpowered by the rich. It will lead to pking being only accessible to those with massive banks and being very discouraging for any newer player.

And not overpowering? What has been added to stop them from being so? They allow you to 2 hit many people as it currently stands. If it takes a lot of skill to do that, what is an unskilled player doing? Attacking himself? The more powerful the weapons people have, the less skill it takes to PK. Go back to everybody having dragon weapons and rune armour, fights took skill.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

food is tradeable

Barron sharks and gumbo are both untradeable, and both heal the most hp in one bite then anything els in the game. So again, should cooking be added to combat level?

I do agree that extremes are over powered because you can't tell if someone is using one. But then neither can you tell if anyone is using a super pot or other boost. So how about this. If combat stats get boosted then so should combat level equal to the boost you recieved from pots/excally/familiars ect. Would that make everyone happy?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I do agree that extremes are over powered because you can't tell if someone is using one. But then neither can you tell if anyone is using a super pot or other boost. So how about this. If combat stats get boosted then so should combat level equal to the boost you recieved from pots/excally/familiars ect. Would that make everyone happy?

Again, the biggest reason isn't that it doesn't affect combat level(although they should if they are allowed), but that they would effectively kill pvp combat in that DPS will be times higher than what you can heal, resulting in everything about wildy being about luck.

Again, the biggest reason isn't that it doesn't affect combat level(although they should if they are allowed), but that they would effectively kill pvp combat in that DPS will be times higher than what you can heal, resulting in everything about wildy being about luck.

So why remove extremes? Why not remove all special attacks and all items with level requirements above 60?

Or how about a flat damage reduction? Any damage you do to other players is reduced by 50%, period. Other games have used this to solve issues where strong enemies have many times the health of players, so what is acceptable DPS against monsters is not acceptable against players.

So why remove extremes? Why not remove all special attacks and all items with level requirements above 60?

Or how about a flat damage reduction? Any damage you do to other players is reduced by 50%, period. Other games have used this to solve issues where strong enemies have many times the health of players, so what is acceptable DPS against monsters is not acceptable against players.

If jagex can fix the problems, sure, i can see extremes being a vital part of the wilderness, assuming they also give combat levels. Unless they can do that(and i haven't seen anything yet), removing extremes from the wilderness is an easy solution to the problem.

Because it is so hard to kill people as it is?

Extremes are just unnecessary. At bosses they give you a significant advantage and the ability to get more/faster kills. In the wilderness they would give you the ability to 1 hit people, which is outrageous.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

They should allow them.

And that excuse "because you can't see it, it's unfair" is completely ridiculous. You can't see someone's 80 dg, boom chaotic 2h combo. Come on Jagex...

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict