Summoning in the Wilderness

Logdotzip

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Winter Storage suddenly a problem when people have been PKing in deep wilderness with Yaks just fine over the past two years? Most people don't even complain about the banking aspect, it's the additional 30 Brews that makes it impossible to kill them before a TB wears off and they lever away...

Because you got random drops + there were no real pkers in deep wild. And the 30 brews somewhat balance the op gear

Why is Winter Storage suddenly a problem when people have been PKing in deep wilderness with Yaks just fine over the past two years? Most people don't even complain about the banking aspect, it's the additional 30 Brews that makes it impossible to kill them before a TB wears off and they lever away...

Because summoning no longer affects your combat.

Did you even read the update, 2011prod?

Maybe before calling someone a 2011prod, you should learn how something released back in 2008 works. You can't cast Winter Storage when you have 0 LP. You can't cast Winter Storage on items you have equipped. If you're in low level wilderness, almost every death is attributed to a KO, as you can simply run away or teleport if you know you're going to die. What is someone with a Yak going to do - rewind 30 seconds, ask you politely to stop, then bank his items?

If you're in deep wilderness, 12 combat levels don't matter. A 126+12 that's not summoning could be attacked by a 138 before, and they can be now. If you're level 76, I hate to break it to you, but the 126+12 doesn't need his Yak to kill you.

^Lol no.

I'm sure 9/10 pkers, if they had the choice would take bs loot to have a 100% pre wilderness removal "wilderness". No summoning chaotics claws turmoil ags blahblah

The problem with a yak has nothing to do with the loot, the problem is you can tank 5 full tbs with one and still come out alive.

I won't speak for any of you but having a 25 minute fight isn't exactly my cup of tea.

E: someone got inb4 me, post was directed at anonymous

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Why are so many people trying to suggest that some kind of compromise is needed? Yaks have been able to bank items anywhere in the Wilderness for almost the last three years, Jagex aren't going to change it now. If you have a problem with it, get your levels up. Higher levels are supposed to give you an advantage in PvP activities.

10xy5fk.png

So basically what I have understood:

Those who have earned the level to use yaks, should be restricted of their ability to use one in wilderness, because there are people who can't use them. Especially because yaks totally couldn't be used in pvp worlds.

[bleep] logic, this is Runescape. :thumbup:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

No summoning chaotics claws turmoil ags blahblah

We all know that's not gonna happen

[bleep] logicreading, this is Runescape. :thumbup:

fixed

Skills over combat any time.
ok

Why are so many people trying to suggest that some kind of compromise is needed? Yaks have been able to bank items anywhere in the Wilderness for almost the last three years, Jagex aren't going to change it now. If you have a problem with it, get your levels up. Higher levels are supposed to give you an advantage in PvP activities.

No risk/reward isn't an advantage, it's a waste of pots/food/time :thumbup:

yaks are [cabbage]. herp derp look i can "risk" full bandos but ima just yak it back as soon as i have 20 brews left / get tbed

and its even worse when they are in there mystic brid and feel the need to yak that back, its not like they risking there bank (hopefully)

inb4 lol u dont have a yak gtfo kid

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

My opinion is simple

I have yak, therefore I love it.

I love it's extra 30 brews.

I love banking my expensive armor.

It's overpowered, and I love it.

Get a yak yourself, or get over it. :thumbsup:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

My opinion is simple

I have yak, therefore I love it.

I love it's extra 30 brews.

I love banking my expensive armor.

It's overpowered, and I love it.

Get a yak yourself, or get over it. :thumbsup:

Sadly, this.

Face it, there are plenty of over powered things in the wilderness.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Skills over combat any time.
ok

Exactly what does this have to do with anything I said? Also, clearly you didn't understand what I meant.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Having a yak doesn't suddenly make the Wilderness risk-free, it merely reduces the risk of dying, which is an advantage gained by having a higher level, in the same way having 99 Hitpoints (Constitution) reduces the risk of dying, an advantage gained by having a higher level.

10xy5fk.png

Most of this topic: more scrawny pkers complaining about literally everything.

You mean skillers that have never pked/will never pk that feel the need to enlighten everyone with their ignorance :thumbup:

Having a yak doesn't suddenly make the Wilderness risk-free, it merely reduces the risk of dying, which is an advantage gained by having a higher level, in the same way having 99 Hitpoints (Constitution) reduces the risk of dying, an advantage gained by having a higher level.

re winter storage.

Most of this topic: more scrawny pkers complaining about literally everything.

You mean skillers that have never pked/will never pk that feel the need to enlighten everyone with their ignorance :thumbup:

Oh how easy it is to generalize. I know I have been guilty of it too, but as I have said earlier, I am closer to a PKer than a skiller. The only time I do non-combat skills (other than slayer) is when it benefits me with quests or it benefits me with combat (i.e. herblore/dungeoneering). I'm around 85% combat based. I'm in a PKing clan.

td2sig.jpg

They were around last time we had the widly nonsense.

They just help add threads to the rants forum on RSOF.

"OMFG he banked his stuff with yak! Change it now Jamflex!"

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

it will make a difference no doubt, particularly for lv 138 fights. overally tho pking still involves alot of fast click and stuff, which is exactly why i dont pk, too intense

i do 1-item and annoy real pkers tho :D

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

It isn't as bad as if they allowed extremes/ovl, considering getting a tort/terrorbird isn't that hard and aside from the yak, isn't that OP. I honestly don't see why they had to change it though, why can't summoning work just like before.

This just has an overall negative effect on pvp...how on earth would it be a good thing to have a fight in edge with both pkers having a full yak/tort full of supplies? There's literally no incentive not to do something dumb like bring a tort full of food and just safe the entire time. Fights don't need to made any longer. Makes pvp more lame and does it more harm than good.

The post also specifically mentioned multi-combat having this change, implying that familiars are going to penalize you in single combat if you summon one, and work like before in single.

It isn't as bad as if they allowed extremes/ovl, considering getting a tort/terrorbird isn't that hard and aside from the yak, isn't that OP. I honestly don't see why they had to change it though, why can't summoning work just like before.

This just has an overall negative effect on pvp...how on earth would it be a good thing to have a fight in edge with both pkers having a full yak/tort full of supplies? There's literally no incentive not to do something dumb like bring a tort full of food and just safe the entire time. Fights don't need to made any longer. Makes pvp more lame and does it more harm than good.

The post also specifically mentioned multi-combat having this change, implying that familiars are going to penalize you in single combat if you summon one, and work like before in single.

Except that there won't be a penalty for having them in single, unless KB is wrong (entirely possible), or unless there's a last minute change.

it will make a difference no doubt, particularly for lv 126+12 fights. overally tho pking still involves alot of fast click and stuff, which is exactly why i dont pk, too intense

i do 1-item and annoy real pkers tho :D

Fixed. I personally think that the Yak's scroll should be limited to 20-30 wildy, just like imps in a box.

Spaz4010.png