Nex

Squisher_33

Does anyone know where I can find splitting teams now? RSOF I find has too many siphon/runners.

Finish maxing out your stats and gear, and join OTG / PID / some other big PvM clan. Some do LS, some split, so just make sure you find a splitting team.

Would I need divine/ely for gear? And just 99 mage for stats right?

99 attack, strength, defense, HP, ranged, magic, 91+ herb, 96 summon.

And gear is very subjective.

Just gotta get that magic to 99 then. Looked up OTG and have know idea how to apply.

OTG Forums: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Ofthegods/index/

Divine/Ely helps at Nex but if you can afford a Divine and want to nex you're better off using Pernix Body + void deflector.

Also magic doesn't work well at Nex. Most teams melee/range/melee/melee/range now.

120dgl.jpg

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know where I can find splitting teams now? RSOF I find has too many siphon/runners.

Finish maxing out your stats and gear, and join OTG / PID / some other big PvM clan. Some do LS, some split, so just make sure you find a splitting team.

Just gotta get that magic to 99 then. Looked up OTG and have know idea how to apply.

Divine/Ely helps at Nex but if you can afford a Divine and want to nex you're better off using Pernix Body + void deflector.

Also magic doesn't work well at Nex. Most teams melee/range/melee/melee/range now.

Anybody know a good IRC client I can trust?

mirc

mirc

Agreed. mIRC is one of the best out there, and it is free. :D (You can still use it after the trial period, lol.)

Spaz4010.png

So did anyone try out Magic on Nex lately? I'm still wondering if Jagex changed her magical defence or this guy who claimed he had a 65% accuracy rate with full Magic gear, Augury and Ice Barrage was lying.

Mazs%20Screenshots730.8878278288.png

on the only stage worth using mage ( the sol tank)

So did anyone try out Magic on Nex lately? I'm still wondering if Jagex changed her magical defence or this guy who claimed he had a 65% accuracy rate with full Magic gear, Augury and Ice Barrage was lying.

Is the healing from blood enough for you not to brew? What's the accuracy

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Is the healing from blood enough for you not to brew? What's the accuracy

read chat ;p

Oh rofl. Guess my hope of full virtus being useful got shot down

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Was on a mostly melee team the other day worked very well but think it could have been improved.

We used melee on all forms except shadow/zaros but they still required normal prays rather than curses.

I was thinking of making a similar team with a few tweaks:

Turmoil/soulsplit required - soulsplit shadow form with ranged as prayer does nothing and turmoil all other forms.

Spectral/eek's seem fairly useless as well I'm thinking dragon defender for all those who don't have ely/div would be best.

Any other suggestions?

Best to have a mix of turm and rigour. Blood is a lot easier with turm and ss is a lot easier with rigour

sigcopyaf.png

Best to have a mix of turm and rigour. Blood is a lot easier with turm and ss is a lot easier with rigour

:unsure:

:ohnoes:

:shades:

Yeah I team up with people from RSOF, so they would probably lie about having rigour and I have no way to verify it. So I would probably just get people with eagle eye. Still worth it?

Stage 5 heals back to 1/3 of its hp and shadow is 1/4 its hp meaning 58% of the damage it takes is range. (assuming you only range the last phase, which is what I do now considering w/ 8 people 1 persons bound to missclick and make it mass mage 5x before meleeing again)

Stage 5 heals back to 1/3 of its hp and shadow is 1/4 its hp meaning 58% of the damage it takes is range. (assuming you only range the last phase, which is what I do now considering w/ 8 people 1 persons bound to missclick and make it mass mage 5x before meleeing again)

That only matters if your sol tank fails at drawing aggro

Also shadow is only 1/5 not 1/4

sigcopyaf.png

hiya im almost maxed melee, was wopndering whether it would be viable as a money make to go in a team (dont know what size please advise) with 99 at, str, def, mage, hp. 95 pray. 91 herby. wouldnt have a pak yak though, unless its fairly easy to get from 82? which i doubt lol.

also id only have 200m to spend on equiptment.. should i just carry on slaying for more money and get a pak yak or ..??

I REALLY WANNA GET PERNIX BEFORE IT DROPS!!

edit: im only 93 range, doubt ill be geting it up anytime soon either.

actualy the forms are divided in 5ths, each of the 4 mage forms is 1/5th, and the curse phase heals from 1/5th to 2/5ths

so:

melee - 6k

range - 6k

melee - 6k

melee - 6k

range - 12k

tied at 18k, however i prefer ranging ice

a_final_name.png

hiya im almost maxed melee, was wopndering whether it would be viable as a money make to go in a team (dont know what size please advise) with 99 at, str, def, mage, hp. 95 pray. 91 herby. wouldnt have a pak yak though, unless its fairly easy to get from 82? which i doubt lol.

also id only have 200m to spend on equiptment.. should i just carry on slaying for more money and get a pak yak or ..??

Nope. Sorry but no good team is going to take you with those stats. 91 summoning means your overload supply is limited. Lack of Pack Yak is terrible for your team's efficiency. And of course, a higher range level is crucial.

Nope. Sorry but no good team is going to take you with those stats. 91 summoning means your overload supply is limited. Lack of Pack Yak is terrible for your team's efficiency. And of course, a higher range level is crucial.

herby shouldnt be an issue because ill just stew overloads and prayers or whateve. that suck though. basically i have max range and get 96 summoning.. :ohnoes:

thats gunna be dull..

and then if i get that but only had 100m or so to spend on gear..?

herby shouldnt be an issue because ill just stew overloads and prayers or whateve. that suck though. basically i have max range and get 96 summoning.. :ohnoes:

thats gunna be dull..

Historically speaking, people with 91 Herblore are generally considered as not having Overloads, because:

A) Even if you CAN stew to make them, you can't make that many of them. You might have 40-50 of them, but they'll run out sooner or later, and it won't be as easy for you to make more. If you had a good amount of them, you wouldn't be 91 Herblore anymore.

B) People with 91 Herblore tend to be more conservative with Overload usage, even if it means not re-potting towards the end of a trip because you don't want to waste a dose for only 30 seconds of benefit. This, in turn, can end up costing your whole team more time and supplies.

Even if these don't apply to you personally, this is the general opinion of people making Overloads at 91, so either you're going to have to show them 250+ Overloads, or a better herblore level.

100M should be enough for gear and supplies. A full set of ceremonial is ~10M. Ranger boots are ~20M, Amulet of Fury ~15M. That leaves 55M for potions, bolts, and armor. You won't have Divine/Elysian obviously but you could just get Unholy Book / Dragon Defender / EEKS.

Speaking of EEKS, you will need some chaotics though. Exact number varying per team, but generally teams require anywhere between 2 and 4 chaotics (rigour being counted as one).

Tbh, I don't trust most people under 99 herb at nex, just shows youve not used enough anywhere to know how to time them, don't have many to use, and whatnot. (im 19.3m xp w/ 0 overloads left prior to dbxpwknd and ive made ext sets+ovls since lvl 92/6.5mxp)

and when it comes to curses and prayers, I honestly don't know why but kills with prayers just seem to be faster than curses. Ovl usually dies at the end of a kill on prayers and halfway into phase 5 on curses. In theory curses would be better considering I melee ice, but theres something just not right with it, phase 5 is painfully slow.

thats gunna be dull..

Historically speaking, people with 91 Herblore are generally considered as not having Overloads, because:

A) Even if you CAN stew to make them, you can't make that many of them. You might have 40-50 of them, but they'll run out sooner or later, and it won't be as easy for you to make more. If you had a good amount of them, you wouldn't be 91 Herblore anymore.

B) People with 91 Herblore tend to be more conservative with Overload usage, even if it means not re-potting towards the end of a trip because you don't want to waste a dose for only 30 seconds of benefit. This, in turn, can end up costing your whole team more time and supplies.

Even if these don't apply to you personally, this is the general opinion of people making Overloads at 91, so either you're going to have to show them 250+ Overloads, or a better herblore level.

100M should be enough for gear and supplies. A full set of ceremonial is ~10M. Ranger boots are ~20M, Amulet of Fury ~15M. That leaves 55M for potions, bolts, and armor. You won't have Divine/Elysian obviously but you could just get Unholy Book / Dragon Defender / EEKS.

Speaking of EEKS, you will need some chaotics though. Exact number varying per team, but generally teams require anywhere between 2 and 4 chaotics (rigour being counted as one).

Couldn't you just do the logout trick to make as many overloads as you want? Or has this been fixed?

thats gunna be dull..

Couldn't you just do the logout trick to make as many overloads as you want? Or has this been fixed?

What he is saying is that, with the experience OVL give, if you are level 91 herb then you undoubtedly have not made many and therefore do not have many to use. As a result, people with 91 herb are likely to be more conservative with their OVL, which is a detriment to the team.

td2sig.jpg

thats gunna be dull..

What he is saying is that, with the experience OVL give, if you are level 91 herb then you undoubtedly have not made many and therefore do not have many to use. As a result, people with 91 herb are likely to be more conservative with their OVL, which is a detriment to the team.

Just because you are level 91 doesn't automatically mean you can't make a lot of OVLs tho, which is what his point A) was kind of getting at. If you have enough money and the logout trick still works you could theoretically make as many as you want.