Nex

Squisher_33

no one will want to go with you if you don't know wtf to do

Funny, that. So how does anyone ever learn how to do it, if nobody will take them? Go with RSOF teams that are likely not to bless you and steal your crap?

Yep. Go with an RSOF team and watch out for yourself. Or bring a friend who also wants to learn, and both join the same team, so at least someone is watching your back. Besides, you can get back to the room in under 10 minutes easily, so blessing isn't a big deal unless you do something really stupid (in which case it doesn't matter that they blessed).

How do you loot your items if you're being attacked by Nex? Say, you die near the end of a kill and your team teleports?

td2sig.jpg

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eeks is ~1.5% overall damage reduction on her magic attacks (which max around 350)

vs.

+8 range attack and +5 prayer (which is arguably much more valuable - ~4% dps + %5 prayer drain reduction based on collected data)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

has anyone tried out bandos+arma hybrid?

i figure meleeing should be tested again since the rr glitch has been fixed, and turmoil is a viable option now

it sucks for most people because it draws aggro to you. maybe for the tank but not anyone else

turm is good for 7+ teams, rigour is better for 6-

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

has anyone tried out bandos+arma hybrid?

i figure meleeing should be tested again since the rr glitch has been fixed, and turmoil is a viable option now

it sucks for most people because it draws aggro to you. maybe for the tank but not anyone else

turm is good for 7+ teams, rigour is better for 6-

well the prospect is that everyone bandos+arma hybrids

no one will want to go with you if you don't know wtf to do

Funny, that. So how does anyone ever learn how to do it, if nobody will take them? Go with RSOF teams that are likely not to bless you and steal your crap?

Yep. Go with an RSOF team and watch out for yourself. Or bring a friend who also wants to learn, and both join the same team, so at least someone is watching your back. Besides, you can get back to the room in under 10 minutes easily, so blessing isn't a big deal unless you do something really stupid (in which case it doesn't matter that they blessed).

How do you loot your items if you're being attacked by Nex? Say, you die near the end of a kill and your team teleports?

It literally takes like 30 seconds from when you enter the room until Nex starts attacking. She either appears instantly or waits up to 5 seconds before shouting "AT LAST!" Then she slowly shouts the name of each mage. Then she shouts "FILL MY SOUL WITH SMOKE" or whatever. And then finally she attacks. You must be pretty terrible if you haven't looted everything important by then.

Trying to figure out whether or not mage prayer works and to what degree. Nex has the same base damage for every multitarget mage attack, the only factors that affect this damage are:

-Splashing (your individual defence can roll higher than her mage attack, but it doesn't reduce damage)

-Soaking

-Damage reduction such as divine/ely

1. Haven't tested yet

2. Pray soul split or melee until Nex calls the minion, not affected

3. Haven't tested yet

4. Praying mage does decrease damage on this phase, plus avoids being frozen

5. Soul split unless Nex is attacking you (then deflect melee). No benefits from mage

2496 Completionist

First trip of Nex.

pic

He wouldn't share :wall:

EDIT: Hard to read, says Torva Platelegs.

Did you guys agree to share the drops? It's not a forgone conclusion that every team does(and even some pro teams(wink, maz) sometimes don't share loot).

As for bandos, why would having 2 inventory spots for bandos be any use over karils when the max hit is capped anyway? 6 strength bonus is next to useless when you are mauling, and if it makes to take more damage, its even more useless.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

First trip of Nex.

pic

Did you guys agree to share the drops? It's not a forgone conclusion that every team does(and even some pro teams(wink, maz) sometimes don't share loot).

As for bandos, why would having 2 inventory spots for bandos be any use over karils when the max hit is capped anyway? 6 strength bonus is next to useless when you are mauling, and if it makes to take more damage, its even more useless.

Higher strength bonus is still useful, even if the damage is capped, as every potential hitsplat has equal chances to hit. So, if your potential max hit is higher, then the likelihood of hitting the capped amount will be higher as well.

I agree that if you have to compromise magic defense for strength bonus, then it may be pointless at Nex, considering she focuses on the person with the least mage defence, however.

First trip of Nex.

pic

extra melee defense makes her miss more

First trip of Nex.

pic

extra melee defense makes her miss more

I am unfamiliar with all of Nex's phase attacks, but..

If this is true, would a "sara tank" type application be useful for some phases? One person packing on as much melee defense as possible (barrows ect..) and using a SoL spec to half all her melee attacks. Benefit would be that the team would be able to hold her in one spot, on one person, and that person would be only taking half the normal damage in addition to melee armor soak, and huge melee defense.

Would she use melee often enough in some phases for such a situation to be useful? or does she still use magic enough that the loss of magic defense would rip you to shreds?

First trip of Nex.

pic

TYVM. Guess I was being a little naive. I'll look for that next time.

Thinking out of the box here:

would a lunar based mage be of any help?

He/she could do some tank healing for instance, or even group healing? I think this part of gameplay is sometimes overlooked (also, it hardly has any use in RS, unfortunately).

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

Thinking out of the box here:

would a lunar based mage be of any help?

He/she could do some tank healing for instance, or even group healing? I think this part of gameplay is sometimes overlooked (also, it hardly has any use in RS, unfortunately).

No, it would be an absolute waste of inventory. Healing other puts the user in danger by lowering their LP dramatically and doesn't create any actual LP, just transfers it. You know what else transfers LP? Trading brews. Players can easily hold enough brews for a kill at a time and then have plenty of time to distribute supplies between kills, so the runes would be extra money spent and extra inventory that could have been brews, and casting the spell would have a high chance of KOing the user every time.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

melee pray reduces damage by a lot on smoke and blood (170->34), but im pretty sure magic pray does some reduction too. but it's not always consistent and it seems to be around the 20% range when it dose work.

sigcopyaf.png

Does anyone know where I can find splitting teams now? RSOF I find has too many siphon/runners.

Finish maxing out your stats and gear, and join OTG / PID / some other big PvM clan. Some do LS, some split, so just make sure you find a splitting team.

Does anyone know where I can find splitting teams now? RSOF I find has too many siphon/runners.

Finish maxing out your stats and gear, and join OTG / PID / some other big PvM clan. Some do LS, some split, so just make sure you find a splitting team.

Would I need divine/ely for gear? And just 99 mage for stats right?

99 attack, strength, defense, HP, ranged, magic, 91+ herb, 96 summon.

And gear is very subjective.

td2sig.jpg

99 attack, strength, defense, HP, ranged, magic, 91+ herb, 96 summon.

And gear is very subjective.

Just gotta get that magic to 99 then. Looked up OTG and have know idea how to apply.

So did anyone try out Magic on Nex lately? I'm still wondering if Jagex changed her magical defence or this guy who claimed he had a 65% accuracy rate with full Magic gear, Augury and Ice Barrage was lying.