Nex

Squisher_33

^ the main problem I have is prayer, and bandos/arma's prayer bonus is a lot worse than void's

Mazs%20Screenshots593.3346846833.png

anyway

^ brewed up hp w/ 2 of the pieces ( you can also see how badly rests are needed in that pic too, it was at the end of a trip)

the rapier is for when its meleeing me on ice/blood/smoke, I just put divine and rapier on and continue hitting until it gets off. I also use it for the minions too, that saved hp while killing minis adds up

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it doesn't really absorb 60 hp out of 200 damage? Was always wondering.

It absorbs X% of the hit - 200, where X is your soak %. So if you have 20 soak and get hit a 300, you soak 20% of (300-200) which is 20, and end up getting hit 280 instead of 300.

It's pretty useless.

Ah! So it's applied only to damage done beyond the 200 hit mark... Now I get it.

a47bfc.gif

This sure sucks, even with the potential to get to 40% soaking. =/

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

nex is sotra deadly because of her poor max

on her max of 384, 40% mage soak will take care of 73 or that damage, roughly a 19% damage reduce

if her dps was the same, as in slower attacks but higher ko potential, say a max of 800, then 40% soak could turn an 800 into a 560, a full 30% damage reduce, matching a divine

im guessing they made her hit fast accurate 200s on purpose to make soak suck, rather than being able to soak 180 dmg from a single corp hit

a_final_name.png

Just went on an 8 man trip with mostly curses. We meleed the smoke, blood, ice, and zaros form when she was not praying melee. We ranged the shadow form. Everything was going smoothly and we were pretty much on pace to do 8:6 (keep in mind we normally do 8:4 with regular prayers because teammates aren't really that great) before I had to leave. Keep in mind that this was the first attempt, and we had no brew drops or a dedicated divine tanker on the zaros form. Kills went smoothly and quickly, much better than with regular prayers imo. If everyone was on curses and brought mauls + rapier for mages, we could have definitely done 8:7 or 8:8.

on her max of 384, 40% mage soak will take care of 73 or that damage, roughly a 19% damage reduce

if her dps was the same, as in slower attacks but higher ko potential, say a max of 800, then 40% soak could turn an 800 into a 560, a full 30% damage reduce, matching a divine

im guessing they made her hit fast accurate 200s on purpose to make soak suck, rather than being able to soak 180 dmg from a single corp hit

Not that her hitting 800s would be any more comfort than now...

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

Not that her hitting 800s would be any more comfort than now...

Factor in her attack speed -_-

Just went on an 8 man trip with mostly curses. We meleed the smoke, blood, ice, and zaros form when she was not praying melee. We ranged the shadow form. Everything was going smoothly and we were pretty much on pace to do 8:6 (keep in mind we normally do 8:4 with regular prayers because teammates aren't really that great) before I had to leave. Keep in mind that this was the first attempt, and we had no brew drops or a dedicated divine tanker on the zaros form. Kills went smoothly and quickly, much better than with regular prayers imo. If everyone was on curses and brought mauls + rapier for mages, we could have definitely done 8:7 or 8:8.

What armour were you using?

I'm going to try out Karils + Neitz helm + curses on my next trip and see how smoothly it goes

2496 Completionist

What armour were you using?

I'm going to try out Karils + Neitz helm + curses on my next trip and see how smoothly it goes

What weapon are you using? Dwarven helmet and Fighter hat may be better choices. May want to switch with a Pernix Cowl too.

What were you guys using for gear?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Hard=difficult to kill=takeing a while to kill.

No?

To make this more of a proper post, I think it's fabulous that we have a boss where everyone d'claw spec'ing doesn't work, because that takes away from any "epicness" involved. I'd say nex is a great boss with fabulous drops, which makes it very good that she is tough to kill.

I'm not an efficienado.

Hi guys.

I want to start Nexing in a week or two (probably a few days after BXP Weekend). By that time i'll have a Chaotic Crossbow + Rapier. At the moment i have Elite Void + DFS, Onyx (i) (Zerker (i) and Archer (i) too, but i assume Onyx (i) might be a bit better?). I also have all the other usuall stuff like Fury, Dragon/Ranger Boots, Claws, Yak, Turmoil and Overloads. I'm sure all these things are perfect for Nex aside from Rapier and DFS. Will i be able to get into a team (i'd prefer it to be with a TIF group as RSOF teams might find it funny to not split the loot) with a DFS + Rapier? I've seen quite a few Screen Shots of people Nexing with a DFS but i've also heard a few people saying that DFS isn't a great option. Would i be wasting my time trying to get into a team with a Rapier + DFS or should i wait for a Maul + EEKS? (I would like to use an Elysian or Divine, but my funds don't allow that yet).

Thanks guys.

Hi guys.

I want to start Nexing in a week or two (probably a few days after BXP Weekend). By that time i'll have a Chaotic Crossbow + Rapier. At the moment i have Elite Void + DFS, Onyx (i) (Zerker (i) and Archer (i) too, but i assume Onyx (i) might be a bit better?). I also have all the other usuall stuff like Fury, Dragon/Ranger Boots, Claws, Yak, Turmoil and Overloads. I'm sure all these things are perfect for Nex aside from Rapier and DFS. Will i be able to get into a team (i'd prefer it to be with a TIF group as RSOF teams might find it funny to not split the loot) with a DFS + Rapier? I've seen quite a few Screen Shots of people Nexing with a DFS but i've also heard a few people saying that DFS isn't a great option. Would i be wasting my time trying to get into a team with a Rapier + DFS or should i wait for a Maul + EEKS? (I would like to use an Elysian or Divine, but my funds don't allow that yet).

Thanks guys.

DFS is a waste. You could try Rapier + Dragon Defender - I've heard that with a defender, Rapier isn't bad.

You should consider Rigour though. I was fortunate enough to find a team here on TIF that gave me a chance, and I'm pretty confident I've been pulling my own throughout, but a lot of teams aren't so flexible. Rigour + CCB + CLS / Maul is pretty much the standard at the moment, the less you deviate from that, the more likely you are to find a team that's willing to get you started.

Also, it might be better to start with RSOF teams (not splitting ones, just LS ones perhaps) until you get the basics down.

No?

To make this more of a proper post, I think it's fabulous that we have a boss where everyone d'claw spec'ing doesn't work, because that takes away from any "epicness" involved. I'd say nex is a great boss with fabulous drops, which makes it very good that she is tough to kill.

Hate to break it to you, but spamming Slice and Dice is pretty much essential for beating Nex consistently.

Also, difficult to kill doesn't necessarily have to mean it takes a while to kill.

Bad thing about RSOF teams is that if you die with a lot of risk (Arma/Ranger boots, etc), they might not bless you in hopes of looting your [cabbage]. Also, if you don't go with teams you know, chances are very good that if they are a splitting team, you won't get a share if you're currently returning from a death when something drops. Any reason they can find to screw you out of your split and get more themselves.

td2sig.jpg

Bad thing about RSOF teams is that if you die with a lot of risk (Arma/Ranger boots, etc), they might not bless you in hopes of looting your [cabbage]. Also, if you don't go with teams you know, chances are very good that if they are a splitting team, you won't get a share if you're currently returning from a death when something drops. Any reason they can find to screw you out of your split and get more themselves.

Just remember to never accidentally bring your ancient ceremonial robes or your frozen key into the boss room. And always recharge your key when it falls to 2 charges.

Also, there's a reason I said just LS normally. It's not for drops, just for learning really.

Yeah these were my exact thoughts. I'd rather go with people in whom i can find at least a little trust and respect.

But also i want to feel like i'm pulling me weight. I don't want to be a burden on a team. So if i have to wait for a Maul, EEKS or whatever i might need (aside from Div/Ely) i don't mind.

Yeah these were my exact thoughts. I'd rather go with people in whom i can find at least a little trust and respect.

But also i want to feel like i'm pulling me weight. I don't want to be a burden on a team. So if i have to wait for a Maul, EEKS or whatever i might need (aside from Div/Ely) i don't mind.

Likewise, I have all the gear but I am still one level short of a Yak. I'm sure I could probably convince Losing to let me tag along, but I'd rather wait until I can pull my own weight instead of having to bank in the middle of a kill and putting more strain on the rest of the team with my absence.

td2sig.jpg

Hi guys.

Thanks guys.

DFS is a waste. You could try Rapier + Dragon Defender - I've heard that with a defender, Rapier isn't bad.

You should consider Rigour though. I was fortunate enough to find a team here on TIF that gave me a chance, and I'm pretty confident I've been pulling my own throughout, but a lot of teams aren't so flexible. Rigour + CCB + CLS / Maul is pretty much the standard at the moment, the less you deviate from that, the more likely you are to find a team that's willing to get you started.

Also, it might be better to start with RSOF teams (not splitting ones, just LS ones perhaps) until you get the basics down.

No?

Hate to break it to you, but spamming Slice and Dice is pretty much essential for beating Nex consistently.

Also, difficult to kill doesn't necessarily have to mean it takes a while to kill.

Don't get rigor, the standard now is turmoil.

Don't get rigor, the standard now is turmoil.

Is it? That's good news... I guess.

ffs why get 4 man plate without me

btw were you guys doing 4:3 with curses?

no, 4:2 and shaky at best

im starting to think sol tank isn't really that good; she changes targets too often

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

im starting to think sol tank isn't really that good; she changes targets too often

get on rs ffs

why are you always on when i'm not on

get on rs ffs

idk i have class and work and stuff irl

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

get on rs ffs

idk i have class and work and stuff irl

sigcopyaf.png