Nex

Squisher_33

I'm officially interested in nex. although now I'm confused as to what excatly is needed now. First it was all range, then it was some melee, mostly range, then it was all range again, now it's melee mostly?

Anyways, I have full arma, CCB, rapier, maul, claws, bandos, eeks, and the stats. I guess the only things I don't have are...divine, and void (although people are saying void kind of sucks there anyways :unsure: ).

I posted this a few days ago. I didn't really get an in depth answer, but is the inventory Square stated still used? Any major alterations?

http://forum.tip.it/topic/288583-nex/

I'd be happy to come if I had time to when I'm on (and granted, you might have to "teach" me a little the first kill, but I usually catch on things like this very fast). So yea....

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well standard invent I use for 6/8 man nex is this:

Wearing void+rapier+maul and all that good stuff

ccbow deflector void range helm arma top cmaul dclaws tab 2 ovls 3 spec restore anti half brews half restores

and then in yak 25 brew 5 res

btw what time zone are you in

add me

I'm officially interested in nex. although now I'm confused as to what excatly is needed now. First it was all range, then it was some melee, mostly range, then it was all range again, now it's melee mostly?

Anyways, I have full arma, CCB, rapier, maul, claws, bandos, eeks, and the stats. I guess the only things I don't have are...divine, and void (although people are saying void kind of sucks there anyways :unsure: ).

I posted this a few days ago. I didn't really get an in depth answer, but is the inventory Square stated still used? Any major alterations?

http://forum.tip.it/topic/288583-nex/

I'd be happy to come if I had time to when I'm on (and granted, you might have to "teach" me a little the first kill, but I usually catch on things like this very fast). So yea....

There are too many ideas being tossed in the air for a definitive "best" method at the moment. Honestly, it sounds like you have pretty much everything you could need except Karils, Void, and Ancient ceremonial robes. Get those, follow some RSOF teams until you become acclimated (just follow their guidelines, and practice a bit), then start looking for a real team to go with.

I have karils and cermonial....and forum teams....ew...really?

I know, they're terrible. But it's the fastest way to get accustomed to basic things. Essentially, you just want to get in the room, see Nex's various phases and attacks, and get some firsthand experience of what it's like fighting Nex. You don't need to be successful or anything.

I would never suggest teaming with RSOF teams full-time, but it's definitely good to do it once or twice, just so you're not going into the room completely blind when a good team offers you a spot. You're not even really looking for strategy. You just want to get used to the pacing of her attacks, the way she moves around the room, etc.

Boss fights have just kind of lost their luster outside of Daemonheim. I think adding some smaller LP-boosting rewards to Dungeoneering rewards or in-game equipment would give players a taste of the armour's abilities, meaning more interest in how that stuff is acquired. Then again that could just be me wondering why they didn't make near enough rewards for people training to 120.

I agree, I find myself being bored outside of Daemonhiem. I really want more dungeoneer rewards for 100+ dungeoneer's specifically.

Old post, but i find myself being incredibly bored inside Daemonheim

id much rather do stuff outside daemonheim

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

Yeah, I tried this and I suck really bad. <_< I got wrecked so hard that I couldn't do much else than spam brews. This led to me being out of position and not really contributing much damage. Meh. I need more experience.

td2sig.jpg

well, I don't think I did too horrible for my first attempt (other then dieing on the first attack I mean :rolleyes: ), the kill I actually stayed for I feel I did well, and was doing decent damage.

Meh, I won't be rushing back there very much tbh.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

How much would the difficulty level change between team sizes?

I went with a mass twice to try and learn how to do it recently. Although it did give me the general idea of what to do, I don't think it's really what I should be learning. There were 13+ people in the room, so I would probably not be getting near the full experience of what it's like with 4-8 people.

There was a while to get used to most phases though. The blood phase in particular often lasted longer than a full overload dose.

Also, do people not use rigour anymore?

With dragon boots too, mostly meleeing her in pernix/divine with a rapier or just maul. I wonder if cls might actually be useful now :P (due to accuracy penalties disadvantaging the rapier more).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

To further prove what I said about rapier though, Stokenut did not have a maul. He just meleed with pernix/divine using rapier.

Very impressed by the duo, and even with full pernix and divine it was still a very close finish.

i honestly dont get why they rapier her in full pernix + divine

stokes melee att must be like 90

id almost bet that 240 range attack would outdamage 90 stab even if rapier has 1.5x dps

a_final_name.png

i honestly dont get why they rapier her in full pernix + divine

stokes melee att must be like 90

id almost bet that 240 range attack would outdamage 90 stab even if rapier has 1.5x dps

Yeah, I can't imagine how that works. I've tried mauling in full Arma and barely hit at all, I can't believe he could damage her at all with a rapier and pernix, without even having a defender.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

So what is preferred now? Turmoil or Rigour/Eagle eye?

Well, with discovery of the Rapid Renewal exploit, I would venture to say that Rigour/Piety will be the norm once news spreads about this.

Almost guarantee it will be patched.

patr1ckotg1.png