Nex

Squisher_33

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the correct way to do blood, regardless of style used, is to get her to sit still. If your team isn't doing it, they're idiots, but that doesn't mean that ranged can't still be better in the hands of a competent player.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Loss of defence points, melee accuracy, melee strength, and prayer, for +5 ranged attack?

"Let's test range only method with Pernix/Arma, EEKS, archer(i), amulet of ranging, rigour" and you want to talk about melee accuracy/strength?

Add ranger boots to that too

I give nex solo by years end, btw does less people = more profit over the long run?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUDNyOg2_rs

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Soulsplitting corp will prevent death from magic splash damage (with correct timing) due to the same mechanic, you can see it at least once in that vid of someone killing corp without supplies.

Yes, hence its not a bug.

It's a flaw in the mechanics, although you could argue that you healed at the same time your hp hit 0 :-) so you did not die :-)

What's the difference between an exploitable flaw in a mechanic and a bug, exactly?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

just did 7:8. had a 8th person for 3 kills though

masses (6+) are a lot different than small teams. i prefer smaller teams.

in larger teams, turmoil is better:

1) clawing out a form is much more crucial

2) prayer is more of an issue in larger teams, and turmoil drains SIGNIFICANTLY slower

in smaller teams, rigour is better:

1) the higher dps on rigour is more important

2) more efficient per inventory space

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

To put some numbers on the debate over whether certain pieces are more common than others, I compiled a count of the ratio of Nex drops with the largest reliable sample size available. I sorted the list from from most common to least common and put in parentheses the relative price of the item, 1-10, with 1 being the most expensive.

86 Pernix Chaps (4)

85 Torva Full Helm (5)

84 Virtus Robe Top (6)

84 Virtus Robe Legs (8)

65 Torva Platebody (T2)

61 Torva Platelegs (T2)

59 Pernix Cowl (9)

55 Virtus Mask (10)

53 Zaryte Bow (7)

44 Pernix Body (1)

It seems different because Maz has so many Virtus drops, but the mask is relatively rare and the top/bottoms are slightly lower than chaps and helm, which are both in the top half pricewise. I believe all Nex drops have an equal chance of dropping, and so the differences are due to the general randomness of drops spread over everyone who kills Nex.

Now, it's true that there's a huge break between the top 4 and the next 6. If you add up the pieces per set, you come out with:

223 Virtus

211 Torva

189 Pernix

53 Zaryte Bows

Cba to do full standard deviation right now, but if you average it out, Pernix is farther away from the center than Virtus. So yes, more Virtus pieces have dropped than anything else, but not a statistically significant amount off based on the sample size.

This list shows how prices are based on the uses of the item rather than the amount in circulation...some of the items with the fewest numbers in circulation are the lowest in price.

This also shows why Pernix bodies are so expensive...

2496 Completionist

who did you draw data from?

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

who did you draw data from?

OTG drop submission.

Now there's a slight problem in using this as you can have the same drop entered and counted by multiple people, but without doing so you greatly restrict the sample size.

Here is the list of drops only counting the person who got it (ignoring misses):

Torva Full Helm (x11)

Pernix Chaps (x11)

Pernix Cowl (x10)

Virtus Robe Legs (x10)

Torva Platelegs (x9)

Virtus Mask (x9)

Virtus Robe Top (x8)

Torva Platebody (x6)

Zaryte Bow (x6)

Pernix Body (x6)

which comes out to

27 Pernix

27 Virtus

26 Torva

As you can see, it's dead equal with the more accurate listing (though a smaller sample size).

So take your pick of data, they both come out about even :thumbsup:

2496 Completionist

yeah i was wondering if there was redundancy there

you could probably add in the drops Nex Hunters have gotten, which is in my sig (i've been really lucky, think I've seen every split)

sigcopyaf.png

I (think) I am ready for Nex now.

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac272/ibakamonoi/Nexsetup.png

I also have claws. Is there anything I need to improve? And will anybody be willing to teach me the ropes? It will be greatly appreciated. :mrgreen:

Glanced at your high scores. At least get 99 magic. Nex tends to focus on people with lower magic defense, and ideally damage is evenly distributed across your team so the whole team lasts for the full length of the trip. Most of your team mates will probably have 99 magic, so get that.

Shield could be improved. Lately people have stopped using EEKS - Unholy Book, or even Book of Law is better. Ideally, get a Divine / Elysian.

Void is sort of hit-and-miss. Some teams love it, some teams hate it. Unless you're going with a void-only team, you want a normal armor set too, since being the only one in Void is absolutely terrible.

View PostBardock518, on 08 March 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

Glanced at your high scores. At least get 99 magic. Nex tends to focus on people with lower magic defense, and ideally damage is evenly distributed across your team so the whole team lasts for the full length of the trip. Most of your team mates will probably have 99 magic, so get that.

Shield could be improved. Lately people have stopped using EEKS - Unholy Book, or even Book of Law is better. Ideally, get a Divine / Elysian.

Void is sort of hit-and-miss. Some teams love it, some teams hate it. Unless you're going with a void-only team, you want a normal armor set too, since being the only one in Void is absolutely terrible.

Thank you VERY much. Think I'll get spectral and armadyl for range and bandos for melee or still armadyl?

View PostBardock518, on 08 March 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

Thank you VERY much. Think I'll get spectral and armadyl for range and bandos for melee or still armadyl?

spectral sucks if your teammates are geared coorectly

don't get bandos it's useless

sigcopyaf.png