Nex

Squisher_33

[spoiler=quote]

hiya im almost maxed melee, was wopndering whether it would be viable as a money make to go in a team (dont know what size please advise) with 99 at, str, def, mage, hp. 95 pray. 91 herby. wouldnt have a pak yak though, unless its fairly easy to get from 82? which i doubt lol.

also id only have 200m to spend on equiptment.. should i just carry on slaying for more money and get a pak yak or ..??

I REALLY WANNA GET PERNIX BEFORE IT DROPS!!

edit: im only 93 range, doubt ill be geting it up anytime soon either.

Nope. Sorry but no good team is going to take you with those stats. 91 summoning means your overload supply is limited. Lack of Pack Yak is terrible for your team's efficiency. And of course, a higher range level is crucial.

herby shouldnt be an issue because ill just stew overloads and prayers or whateve. that suck though. basically i have max range and get 96 summoning.. :ohnoes:

thats gunna be dull..

and then if i get that but only had 100m or so to spend on gear..?

Historically speaking, people with 91 Herblore are generally considered as not having Overloads, because:

A) Even if you CAN stew to make them, you can't make that many of them. You might have 40-50 of them, but they'll run out sooner or later, and it won't be as easy for you to make more. If you had a good amount of them, you wouldn't be 91 Herblore anymore.

B) People with 91 Herblore tend to be more conservative with Overload usage, even if it means not re-potting towards the end of a trip because you don't want to waste a dose for only 30 seconds of benefit. This, in turn, can end up costing your whole team more time and supplies.

Even if these don't apply to you personally, this is the general opinion of people making Overloads at 91, so either you're going to have to show them 250+ Overloads, or a better herblore level.

100M should be enough for gear and supplies. A full set of ceremonial is ~10M. Ranger boots are ~20M, Amulet of Fury ~15M. That leaves 55M for potions, bolts, and armor. You won't have Divine/Elysian obviously but you could just get Unholy Book / Dragon Defender / EEKS.

Speaking of EEKS, you will need some chaotics though. Exact number varying per team, but generally teams require anywhere between 2 and 4 chaotics (rigour being counted as one).

Couldn't you just do the logout trick to make as many overloads as you want? Or has this been fixed?

What he is saying is that, with the experience OVL give, if you are level 91 herb then you undoubtedly have not made many and therefore do not have many to use. As a result, people with 91 herb are likely to be more conservative with their OVL, which is a detriment to the team.

Just because you are level 91 doesn't automatically mean you can't make a lot of OVLs tho, which is what his point A) was kind of getting at. If you have enough money and the logout trick still works you could theoretically make as many as you want.

If you made that many overloads, you wouldn't be 91 herb anymore.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=quote]

hiya im almost maxed melee, was wopndering whether it would be viable as a money make to go in a team (dont know what size please advise) with 99 at, str, def, mage, hp. 95 pray. 91 herby. wouldnt have a pak yak though, unless its fairly easy to get from 82? which i doubt lol.

also id only have 200m to spend on equiptment.. should i just carry on slaying for more money and get a pak yak or ..??

Nope. Sorry but no good team is going to take you with those stats. 91 summoning means your overload supply is limited. Lack of Pack Yak is terrible for your team's efficiency. And of course, a higher range level is crucial.

herby shouldnt be an issue because ill just stew overloads and prayers or whateve. that suck though. basically i have max range and get 96 summoning.. :ohnoes:

thats gunna be dull..

Historically speaking, people with 91 Herblore are generally considered as not having Overloads, because:

A) Even if you CAN stew to make them, you can't make that many of them. You might have 40-50 of them, but they'll run out sooner or later, and it won't be as easy for you to make more. If you had a good amount of them, you wouldn't be 91 Herblore anymore.

B) People with 91 Herblore tend to be more conservative with Overload usage, even if it means not re-potting towards the end of a trip because you don't want to waste a dose for only 30 seconds of benefit. This, in turn, can end up costing your whole team more time and supplies.

Even if these don't apply to you personally, this is the general opinion of people making Overloads at 91, so either you're going to have to show them 250+ Overloads, or a better herblore level.

100M should be enough for gear and supplies. A full set of ceremonial is ~10M. Ranger boots are ~20M, Amulet of Fury ~15M. That leaves 55M for potions, bolts, and armor. You won't have Divine/Elysian obviously but you could just get Unholy Book / Dragon Defender / EEKS.

Speaking of EEKS, you will need some chaotics though. Exact number varying per team, but generally teams require anywhere between 2 and 4 chaotics (rigour being counted as one).

Couldn't you just do the logout trick to make as many overloads as you want? Or has this been fixed?

What he is saying is that, with the experience OVL give, if you are level 91 herb then you undoubtedly have not made many and therefore do not have many to use. As a result, people with 91 herb are likely to be more conservative with their OVL, which is a detriment to the team.

Just because you are level 91 doesn't automatically mean you can't make a lot of OVLs tho, which is what his point A) was kind of getting at. If you have enough money and the logout trick still works you could theoretically make as many as you want.

Well actually, if you just dinged 91 you could make another 537 overloads without leveling, according to the tip.it skill calculators. That's assuming you made the extremes already tho.

[spoiler=quote]

thats gunna be dull..

Well actually, if you just dinged 91 you could make another 537 overloads without leveling, according to the tip.it skill calculators. That's assuming you made the extremes already tho.

which you wouldnt have, because extreme range requires 92 herb

Fou.png

[spoiler=quote]

thats gunna be dull..

which you wouldnt have, because extreme range requires 92 herb

false, you can greenman ale (m) from 90, greenman ale from 91, stew from 87 (theoretically 86)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Yes, theoretically and with a great deal of effort one could make a decent stockpile of overloads without getting level 92 herblore. However, the main point is that they probably haven't, which is why teams won't take them. /thread line of discussion?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Yes, theoretically and with a great deal of effort one could make a decent stockpile of overloads without getting level 92 herblore. However, the main point is that they probably haven't, which is why teams won't take them. /thread line of discussion?

Lol

I had tons of ovls by 92 herb

I'm just trying to highlight how elitist OTG's 95 herb req is. Heck, I still don't even qualify since I'm 94 herb.

Also, apparently using greenman' ale is hard? wtf?

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Lol

I had tons of ovls by 92 herb

I'm just trying to highlight how elitist OTG's 95 herb req is. Heck, I still don't even qualify since I'm 94 herb.

Also, apparently using greenman' ale is hard? wtf?

keyword is probably

i'd rather take someone with 95 herb than 91, that doesn't mean you can't be good without 95, but generally people with lower level herblores won't be as good

high dg level and some semblance of intelligence is way better of an indicator of nex ability

sigcopyaf.png

Intelligence is hard to test for, and DG level... eh. I've met some stupid 120 dungeoneers. Herblore in the high 90's at least indicates a decent amount of time spent bossing, though I agree that high dung is good just for the variety of chaotics and such they're likely to have.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I've only read the sub-title of this thread and I'm already wondering how you came to that conclusion

Less supply, more demand?

There are so many factors affecting demand in RuneScape, so I'm not say anything about that. But supply...

you do realize that the drop rates have been increased and they're going to increase further once the ring of wealth gets updated. This'll motivate more players to go to Nex, including myself, which'll then further increase supply.

So

What are you on about?

I've only read the sub-title of this thread and I'm already wondering how you came to that conclusion

There are so many factors affecting demand in RuneScape, so I'm not say anything about that. But supply...

you do realize that the drop rates have been increased and they're going to increase further once the ring of wealth gets updated. This'll motivate more players to go to Nex, including myself, which'll then further increase supply.

So

What are you on about?

might want to check the date of the original post

high dg level and some semblance of intelligence is way better of an indicator of nex ability

agreed, not only is she very similar to a dg boss (the high hp, the strategy, dodgable attacks, and oh yea....most of her abilitys are from kal'ger and thunderous)

also people with high dg are experienced in fighting smart bosses and generaly more experienced in strategic combat

a_final_name.png

So

What are you on about?

it was written prior to these changes derp

they're going to increase further once the ring of wealth gets updated. This'll motivate more players to go to Nex, including myself, which'll then further increase supply.

We'll see if a potential, slight boost to the droprate will make much of a difference to how many people Nex. My money is on very little change, based off how few teams started to Nex continuously even after the droprate was tripled.

2496 Completionist

So

What are you on about?

1. derp

2. ring wont work in lootshare, you will have to free for all and wield the ring before she dies and hope you get the drop

a_final_name.png

So

What are you on about?

1. derp

2. ring wont work in lootshare, you will have to free for all and wield the ring before she dies and hope you get the drop

Rings don't [currently] work with lootshare. Whose not to Jagex decides to finally let them be useful?

Stellactic.gif

So

What are you on about?

1. derp

Rings don't [currently] work with lootshare. Whose not to Jagex decides to finally let them be useful?

This is Jagex. C'mon. :geek:

td2sig.jpg

So

What are you on about?

1. derp

This is Jagex. C'mon. :geek:

The update will give an advantage to people who do ffa(or more likely ffa split). I never really completely understood why the nex hunters dumped ffa anyway, but i'm sure that with the ring update and cere being so low, they have reason to move back to it.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

ver really completely understood why the nex hunters dumped ffa anyway, but i'm sure that with the ring update and cere being so low, they have reason to move back to it.

Biggest reason is the ceremonial, really. But we just found out yesterday that even LS doesn't save us. :P

OMG who left a ceremonial mask!?
There was a ceremonial mask?
I got it, I got it...

I guess the other reason is that it gives us LSP to abuse elsewhere. Which Bladewing did, to snipe a Divine Sigil from LS Corp. The only other problem is that tanks would never get any effigies or charms. :(

I guess the other reason is that it gives us LSP to abuse elsewhere. Which Bladewing did, to snipe a Divine Sigil from LS Corp. The only other problem is that tanks would never get any effigies or charms. :(

I think the effigies and slightly more common nex drops would be good enough to compensate for the luck lsp could bring to you, and i don't think too many of the nex hunters do ls corp anyway(i don't really know, just guessing). As for tanks, they could just always be given a +1% share over other people to compensate for the lack of effigies(i assume not many care about charms with 99 summoning).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Could someone please direct me to a good guide for nex set-up(equipment, inv...) and strategy? I know the basics but i'd like to try to learn as much as possible before i go to my first trip.

And would you take me to some trips with you? I have or can get anything but ely/divine(and torva/pernix).

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Could someone please direct me to a good guide for nex set-up(equipment, inv...) and strategy? I know the basics but i'd like to try to learn as much as possible before i go to my first trip.

And would you take me to some trips with you? I have or can get anything but ely/divine(and torva/pernix).

Strategies and set-ups are changing too quickly right now, and too widely debated. Any "good" guide would easily have to be updated two or three times a week to keep up at the moment. If you just want a general overview, there's several videos on youtube (I believe there's one by Stokenut, and another by Wyodaniel, both which get the basic point across, but be ready for the strategies discussed to be obsolete in practice). In the end, nothing really beats going in the room to learn.

Also, finding a team really isn't as easy as just casually asking people who don't know you. After all, you're asking whoever you're going with to put their trip at risk for your sake, and potentially trusting you with several hundred million.