Nex

Squisher_33

yeah i was wondering if there was redundancy there

you could probably add in the drops Nex Hunters have gotten, which is in my sig (i've been really lucky, think I've seen every split)

Yeah, you've seen every split. I've seen all but Torva plate and 1 Pernix chaps. Go figure, the two highest items...On two trips I miss...

/Complaining

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think 4 more Ranged attack is going to make any difference when full Ranged armor is already +220ish Ranged attack? I think the damage soaking and magical defence on the shield would be better than 4 more Ranged attack in the long run. Okay... I haven't gone to Nex myself, so I can't really judge I guess.

4 more Ranged attack is prefered over 25 magical defence and 14% Magic soaking? :huh:

Nex's magic attack does consistent hits around 200. 14% Magic soaking only applies to the damage over 200. At best your soaking might nullify ~20 damage, but that's a rare occurrence (soaking has no effect on her special attacks, which can easily hit over 700).

Magic defense has a minor effect at best. Spectral doesn't really benefit you all that much. However, it will divert Nex's attention to your team mates - if you're going to a free-for-all, then magic defense is great. If you're trying to work as a team, passing the damage on to your team mates just means you'll have to share supplies with them, and you run the risk of imbalanced supplies ending your trip prematurely.

Unholy book has prayer and more ranged attack, both of which are pretty useful.

You really think 4 more Ranged attack is going to make any difference when full Ranged armor is already +220ish Ranged attack? I think the damage soaking and magical defence on the shield would be better than 4 more Ranged attack in the long run. Okay... I haven't gone to Nex myself, so I can't really judge I guess.

She doesn't hit high enough for soaking to do anything and magical defense doesn't seem to make much of a difference if any.

She doesn't hit high enough for soaking to matter whatsoever.

She's accurate enough that magic defense does very little.

Ranged attack helps, and prayer bonus helps.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

The damage soak is minimal, as nex maxes at around 30, thus it's really a minimal factor to consider. Mage def, unless you have 200+ of it(in which case you'd need spectral anyway) is useless at nex because of her high accuracy(to even see some mage missed you need full arma/spectral at minimal). Thus, as the book has 4 more range attack and 5 more prayer bonus, it's actually preferable.

What i would still like to know is the difference of say ccb+ruby, rapier and maul say on blood form. So far, all i've seen is a load of conflicting results, and as it's almost impossible to test anything at nex(because of how inconsistent the kills/setups whatever are), it's hard to know much. As far as i've seen and tracked my xp, maul+karils setup seemed quite a bit better than ccb+diamond. Void has seemed somewhat terrible compared to karils/armadyl, although i haven't tried acp+deflector yet.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

OH NOES A BOSS WHICH IS HARD QQ.

Nex is easy, compared to bosses which I've fought in WoW. Bosses there can take weeks to figure out how to kill, and a 5 minute fight is a short one. Well, at least we always get loot.

Nex was a failure in how Jagex implemented it. LS/CS is a disaster, as are non-rare drops. Those are what need to be fixed.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

OH NOES A BOSS WHICH IS HARD QQ.

Nex is easy, compared to bosses which I've fought in WoW. Bosses there can take weeks to figure out how to kill, and a 5 minute fight is a short one. Well, at least we always get loot.

Nex was a failure in how Jagex implemented it. LS/CS is a disaster, as are non-rare drops. Those are what need to be fixed.

That is extremely random and out of place :huh:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

will teams still accept me even though i am 95 mage? im 138 cb by the way

Depends on which teams. The big PvM clans like OTG and PID probably won't - they expect perfection in gear and skills. Random RSOF teams won't care so much, but they're honestly quite terrible for everything except a learning experience to help you get started. The smaller teams tend to be kind of split. Some of them try to emulate the big PvM clans and expect perfect or nearly perfect skills and equipment. Other teams have different expectations.

still dont know where to find a nex team. :wall:

1) Go to RSOF, join a random team.

2) Fail miserably but at least get some firsthand experience of what to do.

3) Max out the appropriate stats, get the appropriate gear.

4) Look for a big PvM clan, or people here running more open Nex teams.

Is it really that complicated? :mellow:

no one will want to go with you if you don't know wtf to do

Funny, that. So how does anyone ever learn how to do it, if nobody will take them? Go with RSOF teams that are likely not to bless you and steal your crap?

td2sig.jpg

Funny, that. So how does anyone ever learn how to do it, if nobody will take them? Go with RSOF teams that are likely not to bless you and steal your crap?

get a 15 minute grave and full ceremonial and you'll have no problem getting back to your grave

Yep. Go with an RSOF team and watch out for yourself. Or bring a friend who also wants to learn, and both join the same team, so at least someone is watching your back. Besides, you can get back to the room in under 10 minutes easily, so blessing isn't a big deal unless you do something really stupid (in which case it doesn't matter that they blessed).