Nex

Squisher_33

I was doing 6 man w/ Ancient and a few friends last night, first trip was rough, but the consecutive ones we all did very well. One of our members had a tortoise and a few of us were *slightly* lacking in the gear department, I reckon we could have managed 3 with a 6 man if we all had yaks / stayed coordinated.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being new to nex, what is better if one is max def & range, Arma or Range Void?

Would any tif'ers accept me into a group? With Rune Cbow, and Elysian SS.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

i prefer arma over void. more soak (which takes a little bit of the edge off certain forms). it has higher accuracy -> more consistent hits than void.

void is annoying to use with melee

i was also getting more XP with arma than void setups (both regular void and void/deflector)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

i prefer arma over void. more soak (which takes a little bit of the edge off certain forms). it has higher accuracy -> more consistent hits than void.

void is annoying to use with melee

i was also getting more XP with arma than void setups (both regular void and void/deflector)

Pretty much nailed it. You take more damage with void, and the higher hits aren't consistent enough to make it stand out a lot. It is pretty cool seeing 500+ Diamond bolt specs with rigour/void range though (on mages).

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Virtus mask today, sold for 320m (we split the drop though trusted team).

Also a few trips before I started going they got Virtus legs, but Chris did confirm all sets are more common not just the magic, had to get cheapest set :angry:

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

In regards to the ancient mage def requirements.

110222150605.png

With these stats, once my Overload & Turmoil ran out (I did 10kills or so at the end without either, the reavers still didn't aggro on me.

I feel the aggro is somewhat inconsistent or buggy, i'm not sure. However the melee & rangers seem to be 240+ and 230+ respectively, but the 100+ figure for reavers seems inconsistent.

(Actually come to think of it, my def might be boosted a little still due to EEE)

Yeah that just proves defence level effects aggro, thats exactly the gear I used but with onyx (i) and reavers were aggressive with turmoil and ovl on <_< if I bring spectral that might be enough I guess, bit pointless buying it just for that though lol

Bbk.png

110222150605.png

With these stats, once my Overload & Turmoil ran out (I did 10kills or so at the end without either, the reavers still didn't aggro on me.

I feel the aggro is somewhat inconsistent or buggy, i'm not sure. However the melee & rangers seem to be 240+ and 230+ respectively, but the 100+ figure for reavers seems inconsistent.

(Actually come to think of it, my def might be boosted a little still due to EEE)

Yeah that just proves defence level effects aggro, thats exactly the gear I used but with onyx (i) and reavers were aggressive with turmoil and ovl on <_< if I bring spectral that might be enough I guess, bit pointless buying it just for that though lol

Instead of wasting almost 50m on Spec for KC, waste 40m on the ceremonial robes :P

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

*insert picture here*

Instead of wasting almost 50m on Spec for KC, waste 40m on the ceremonial robes :P

Or change berserker to seer's ring, and boots to infinity boots. Problem solved.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

So right now, do you pretty much have to have (weird) Chaotic Crossbow and Chaotic Maul to join a team?

ccbow rigour yak ovl

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

So right now, do you pretty much have to have (weird) Chaotic Crossbow and Chaotic Maul to join a team?

Been getting into pro teams with rigour rune cbow and rapier :shades:

Torva helm, Torva Platebody and Pernix cowl in 61 kills so far (1/20.33333)

I just wanted to tell how incredibly jelly I'm with all of you who have can do Nex...

By the time I'll get there Torva and Pernix will probably be like 50m/piece tops :(

Ditto lol. I need 1.7k charms to get a Yak and I need money for gear. :(

That is a major hyperbole, though. Remember, opportunity cost drives a free market. Soon, the prices for Torva/Pernix will reach their low valley and then start going back up because people would quit doing Nex otherwise. All the speculators are currently afraid to buy it because the supply has increased so much with the changes to Nex, but already the initial flood of people trying out Nex again is dying up.

And let's face it, even with the drop changes, there aren't going to be NEARLY as many Nex drops coming into the game each day as there are Bandos/Armadyl pieces because very few people meet the requirements to efficiently kill Nex. Not only do you have to have max combat, but you have to also have tens of millions in gear, 91 herblore, 96 summoning, and high DGing.

td2sig.jpg

Looks to me like a few of the rich people are jumping on the chance to buy pernix/torva now while prices are low.

Hard to tell if prices are going to keep settling lower, or if this is just temporary panic and they will go back up a bit when people stop killing nex as much.

Looks to me like a few of the rich people are jumping on the chance to buy pernix/torva now while prices are low.

Hard to tell if prices are going to keep settling lower, or if this is just temporary panic and they will go back up a bit when people stop killing nex as much.

panic crash + temporarily boosted supply

it will semi die in the coming week and do a repeat of last time, but not quite as extreme

few of any pieces coming into the game and existing few pieces hoarded by merchants and rise to bills again

like i said not quite as bad as last time but it will repeat, leaving consistent nexers a good rewards

a_final_name.png

even at their low prices now, nex is still 25m/h lol

sigcopyaf.png

cowl alone wont make you consistently trio

also get boots lol

sigcopyaf.png