Nex

Squisher_33

sara and arma kc's arent so bad because youre doing them solo and dont have to wait for other ppl. and if youre not doing it solo i feel bad for you

Sorry I like to boss with friends.

Other then that, I see your point.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it depends if there's ever people there now getting kc/mage kills. From the looks of this thread, no one is there anymore, so there's no one to take kills from anymore. Oh well.

Anyways, why are people complaining about KC if it only takes 8-10 minutes to do? Saradomin and armadyl aren't much better.

like i've said, if you've nexed at all recently, you'll know that the worlds are basically empty

sara and arma kc's arent so bad because youre doing them solo and dont have to wait for other ppl. and if youre not doing it solo i feel bad for you

also, unlike sara and arma where 1 kc gives you enough time in the boss chamber for 10+ kills, a lot of times 1 kc will only give you 1 nex kill. so there's proportionally more time spent on kc.

nex kc is also a bit more annoying because food can actually be an issue. key charges running out is an issue. mages getting on you is an issue.

like i said, you wouldn't understand if you didn't nex

Uhh... I've hunted Nex. In fact, I've hunted Nex with you before. Key charges are never an issue, mages getting on me is excellent, and food is never an issue. Are we doing the same kill count...?

lol it's not an issue for most experienced people, but every once in a while you get people who have trouble. final has had a lot of issues with killcount, lol. there's just a lot more to remember.

mages poison, so it's annoying if you forget an anti-poison

if you forget to ex def pot you'll get aggro

if you turn off defense pray you'll get aggro

if you forget to charge your key and you die youre f'ed

if you forget to bring your key you're f'ed

compare this to sara/arma kc where all you need to remember is like a rope lol

either way, you're comparing it to sara/arma kc which are complete walks in the park

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

lol it's not an issue for most experienced people, but every once in a while you get people who have trouble. final has had a lot of issues with killcount, lol. there's just a lot more to remember.

mages poison, so it's annoying if you forget an anti-poison

if you forget to ex def pot you'll get aggro

if you turn off defense pray you'll get aggro

if you forget to charge your key and you die youre f'ed

if you forget to bring your key you're f'ed

compare this to sara/arma kc where all you need to remember is like a rope lol

either way, you're comparing it to sara/arma kc which are complete walks in the park

I don't bring Extreme Defense potions and I turn off Turmoil occasionally with no problems... I just use Extreme Attack / Strength.

Basically, all you need to remember is an antipoison and a charged key. It's not really a big deal. In comparison, with Arma KC, you need to remember your grapple, your KC bolts (if they're different from your boss bolts), and your Zamorak item. Armadyl item, too, if you're using Void with Divine/Spectral/Elysian (I don't go Armadyl much, so maybe it's not the optimal setup, I usually only go when friends want to and they want company).

depends on your gear. i get aggro when i don't pot or if i turn off prayers. happens to other people too

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Anyways, why are people complaining about KC if it only takes 8-10 minutes to do? Saradomin and armadyl aren't much better.

because after doing sara/arma kc once, in a good team you can last for hours

for nex kc, you can only last about a half hrou or less in the boss (depending on team size) so you could have to do the kc 1-2x an hour just to keep a stead nex pace going, for arma and sara you only have to do the kc once for a several hour trip

a_final_name.png

21-Feb-2011 God Wars Dungeon The Nex Big Thing

Weve taken the opportunity to sweeten Nexs drops a little, making the unique items more common, large-quantity drops bigger, and the items more fairly spread between those who kill her. Nex is just as difficult and engrossing to fight as before, but todays update better rewards those who put the time and effort into killing her, and removes an obstacle from fighting her.

Nex Rewards

We have taken the opportunity to thoroughly revise Nexs drop tables, making her drops larger, more common and fairly shared between a larger number of individuals. Since Nex can take a great deal of time, effort and risk, this seems a more fitting return for defeating her.

Those who are looking to get their hands on the zaryte bow and the virtus mask, robe top and robe legs will find that they are roughly three times more likely to receive one from a Nex drop. Although getting a unique item from Nex was far more likely than getting a godsword from another boss, we did not believe that the chances of receiving one matched the time put into killing her.

Those who attack Nex in groups which is everyone, unless you are utterly mad will find that her drops are now split into batches rather than one large pile going to a single person, and the total number has been subtly increased. For example, Nex might previously have dropped 5 torstol seeds and 30 noted Saradomin brews for 1 person; with the changes this week, Nex will instead share 12 torstol seeds between 4 people, and will share 30 un-noted Saradomin brews between 3 people (throwing in an additional 10 un-noted super restores for a bit of variety). With free trade back in RuneScape, you can liberally pass these items to one another to better prepare you for the next fight!

Getting to Nex

From now on, Nex encourages you to pay homage to Zaros by wearing a full ancient ceremonial set; in return, she will allow you to pass through the Zarosian boss door for free, without the need to notch up a kill count.

To get hold of the ancient ceremonial robes, you have a few options: kill the ancient mages that attack in the area before the killcount door, kill the ancient mages in the Nex area, or buy them from other players. We have greatly increased the chances that a mage in the Nex area will drop these robes.

Be aware that the ancient ceremonial clothing has no stat boosting effects, and the creatures of the Ancient Prison will still be aggressive while you wear it.

Mod Chris L

RuneScape Content Developer

Quick find code: 15-16-782-62433050

Hameigh.png

No KC needed, so supply should go waaaaaaay up now.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Put in an offer for ceremonial, bought legs at 20m. Hope it was a good idea :???:

I wouldn't, personally. It sounds to me like the 4 mages in the boss room are going to drop them like candy.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

so the bow/mage gear got a drop rate increase. Nice, the parts that were expensive solely for their rarity, not their usefulness like pernix and torva. I hope that the rest of the nex drops got the same buff.

15-16-446-62433378

Apparently they did.

I agree, it would have been *very* stupid to just increase Zaryte/Virtus.

2496 Completionist

well that birdy i was hearing was right i guess

also yes the 3x boosted rate applys for pernix and torva

id put the drop rate at about 1 in 30 now, and with 2-3 minutes to re-bank you can get 1 drop per person every hour in a good team

at 1 kpp/h id say nex will be a stable 10m/h, and with 10m nex drops that means the full set will have to be worth 3b, prob 1.5 torva, 1b pernix, 500m virtus (bow maybe 50m, goes into paying fo rbrews with the rest of the drops)

a_final_name.png

Yay for returning at your own pace (constant killing) in larger teams

Atm Ancient ceremonial runs 75-100m a set in the GE (maybe down to 20-50m by the time you read this) so I would suggest just getting the KC manually or waiting a few weeks for price to die down.

2496 Completionist

Yay for returning at your own pace (constant killing) in larger teams

Atm Ancient ceremonial runs 75-100m a set in the GE (maybe down to 20-50m by the time you read this) so I would suggest just getting the KC manually or waiting a few weeks for price to die down.

From what I've heard, the drop rates are very common. Like ~1:10. :thumbup:

td2sig.jpg

It was as if this thread was read and applied to nex.

its been shown in the past that jmods have read tipit thread and other fansite suggestions

if its the case, im glad i could make a differance in a potentialy good boss from making this thread a week ago

a_final_name.png

will stablize around 4m/hr. let's say 1m/hr in costs (which is very high). so net profit will be like 5m/hr 10m/hr is ridiculous.

30 hours for one item -> average 150m item

very reasonable imo.

sigcopyaf.png