Nex

Squisher_33

the drop for everyone wont work

thats saying a trio team gets 3 drops, but a full cc gets 100 drops

the drop rate just needs to be either mroe common, or the same rarity but more consistent

for example if a drop is 1 in 75, what if a torva platebody actualy had 15 pieces to it, and thers a 1 in 5 chance of you getting an "armor shard" this would definately make it a little more fair if u could kill a few nexs and see a few mil rather than having to kill hundreds before u see money

wouldnt actualy increase the rate, just the consistency, and this would cause mroe people to nex and bring more into the game

"selling torva plate shard 7, 215m" and ur team gets 21m each after a few sucessfull trip =]

a_final_name.png

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not..

If you do at least 1k damage to Nex, and are in the room when she dies, you will get a drop. Everyone gets a random drop so long as they do at least 1k damage.

That way, there is no reason to go on lotoshare or coinshare, or trust trades, you go with a team, do 1k damage, you will get a drop.

Yes on a an odd day a team of 10 people will get 10 torva platebodys. So be it. Everyone should get a drop.

In fact, if they lowered the drop chances of all boss monsters, but allowed it to drop multiple items per people, it would be good.

If there is 1 person, you need to do 100% to get a drop.

2 people, then you need to do 25% of the monsters max health for a drop.

4 people and you need to 12.5%

I think this idea is pretty good as long as you do at least some number of damage but only up to 10 items per kill so you couldnt have masses with all getting something from the drop table. I think this change would sovle the problem.

Why not..

If you do at least 1k damage to Nex, and are in the room when she dies, you will get a drop. Everyone gets a random drop so long as they do at least 1k damage.

That way, there is no reason to go on lotoshare or coinshare, or trust trades, you go with a team, do 1k damage, you will get a drop.

Yes on a an odd day a team of 10 people will get 10 torva platebodys. So be it. Everyone should get a drop.

In fact, if they lowered the drop chances of all boss monsters, but allowed it to drop multiple items per people, it would be good.

If there is 1 person, you need to do 100% to get a drop.

2 people, then you need to do 25% of the monsters max health for a drop.

4 people and you need to 12.5%

There's a million ways to boost the drop rate. I prefer not to specify how its done.

But it should be done.

your idea would definitely have strange repercussions compared to say, a straight drop rate increase.

Perhaps it might encourage leeching.

I do like how it removes the need for splitting of loot though.

Naaxi.png

By my math, a team of 100 would have to do 250 damage.. I think that a limit of 10 would be fair enough to share drops. Afterall, almost every boss can be killed easy with only 10 people.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

By my math, a team of 100 would have to do 250 damage.. I think that a limit of 10 would be fair enough to share drops. Afterall, almost every boss can be killed easy with only 10 people.

definately not fair to good teams

that means the only way this should be fair, is if in a duo, both players recieved 5 drops, or in ffa you would get 10 drops to yourself

a_final_name.png

definately not fair to good teams

that means the only way this should be fair, is if in a duo, both players recieved 5 drops, or in ffa you would get 10 drops to yourself

Why would it not be fair?

The smaller the team, the more damage you have to do, and the more damage that you do do. In a large team, you do not need to do as much damage, nor will you, because there are more people.

You are saying that, should six hundred people go to nex, with dark bows, and kill her in a few seconds, she should drop 600 items? That is NOT balanced in the slightest. Have you ever seen the corp die that fast with dark bows? It would not be fair for it to drop so many items so quickly. Capping it 10 promotes team play. Should there be more then 10, the people who do the least amount of damage will not get a drop. It mixes FFA with LS and boosts the kills/hr to something measurable.

Did golv just go an enitre post without bashing efficiency?

We said we wanted a hard boss, not a long boss.

We said we wanted new rewards, not drops that barely add to how anything is done being dropped extremely rarely and costing 1bil.

Hard=long ;). You can't have a hard boss that dies fast. You could, but it would more be like a heavy damaging boss that a few claw specs could kill. Nex requires much strategy.

These are new drops. I think you are all just mad that you can't join in and get the drops and sell them for 1b. This is what the community wanted. A clan boss. It seems fine to me.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

I suppose you weren't here for the year that the corp was nearly unsoloable and required a team of 10+ for a hit or miss drop, for one person of an unsellable item?

Nex, as a boss, is very good.

Nex's drops, as boss drops, are horribly implemented.

The boss is fine. Nothing about it needs to be changed. The rarity and function of how it drops its exclusive items is what needs to be changed.

So to sum this page up, it's

"Oh no! Nex doesn't make as much money as I thought it would! No fair!! They should change it :cry: "

At least making drops more common sounds reasonable, but tokens? Everyone gets a drop? Why should they?

Staurolite.png

"Oh no! Nex doesn't make as much money as I thought it would! No fair!! They should change it :cry: "

At least making drops more common sounds reasonable, but tokens? Everyone gets a drop? Why should they?

did you read the first post at all?

he clearly said that nex was the best money but the problem comes from not getting enough teams

Did golv just go an enitre post without bashing efficiency?

We said we wanted a hard boss, not a long boss.

We said we wanted new rewards, not drops that barely add to how anything is done being dropped extremely rarely and costing 1bil.

Hard=long ;). You can't have a hard boss that dies fast. You could, but it would more be like a heavy damaging boss that a few claw specs could kill. Nex requires much strategy.

These are new drops. I think you are all just mad that you can't join in and get the drops and sell them for 1b. This is what the community wanted. A clan boss. It seems fine to me.

You can easily create a boss that can die fast, yet is still hard. Just because Jagex hasn't done so doesn't mean it's not possible.

Guest jrhairychest

You didn't seriously think all the self-naming pro/elite/superdooper players actually wanted billion coin drops with some degree of difficulty did you?

did you read the first post at all?

he clearly said that nex was the best money but the problem comes from not getting enough teams

Did you read my post at all? I said this PAGE...

And why isn't there enough teams? Because people have the mindset I just mentioned, that Nex wasn't as good as they thought it would be.

Staurolite.png

We asked for a boss monster that no one could solo. That would be "hard to kill."

Jagex came back with a beast, a beast that needs to be dumbed down a bit. I congratulate Jagex on a job well done, (first time in a long time) but perhaps they did the job too well.

There are plenty of suggestions on how to fix Nex, and I agree with most of them.

S2buxtG.png

We asked for a boss monster that no one could solo. That would be "hard to kill."

Jagex came back with a beast, a beast that needs to be dumbed down a bit. I congratulate Jagex on a job well done, (first time in a long time) but perhaps they did the job too well.

There are plenty of suggestions on how to fix Nex, and I agree with most of them.

Nex doesn't need to be dumbed down.

Sure the boss can't be soloed, but that doesn't make it hard.

She's reasonably relaxing to get a single kill 4 man.

The only challenge comes when you try to 3 man, 2 man, or of course the impossible solo.

Or challenge can come from trying to get more than 1 kill per trip.

but either way, she's hardly difficult.

Her blood form weeds out 1-2 man teams, by healing faster than many can output damage.

and the smoke form drains supplies, weeding out those who are too unlucky to get high claw specs.

So much of nex's difficulty is how much you spec her for at the start of the smoke form.

That the entire bossfight is kind of a gamble, rather than something that actually takes skill.

it's finding teams and the rate at which Nex bleeds you for money if you don't get drops that are the problems

Naaxi.png

Okay, new unsoloable boss and uber hard boss

Tz-Tok-Ultima-Thingy

Lvl 9002

500k health

Is in a room with three jads

The three jad's range and magic have area of effect, like ice barrage

They target people at random

And ultima can 1-hit anyone and eat them, destroying their gear.

100% drop is 2.1b in random items

I still don't get why we even needed Torva, or any of the other armors. Who in their right mind would pk with armor that costs 3b+? It isn't needed for killing monsters either, except maybe, MAYBE godwars. Anything else, there is much cheaper, possibly better armor available as it is. So really... what was the point? To give reason to killing a new boss monster?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Nex doesn't need to be dumbed down.

Sure the boss can't be soloed, but that doesn't make it hard.

She's reasonably relaxing to get a single kill 4 man.

The only challenge comes when you try to 3 man, 2 man, or of course the impossible solo.

Or challenge can come from trying to get more than 1 kill per trip.

but either way, she's hardly difficult.

Her blood form weeds out 1-2 man teams, by healing faster than many can output damage.

and the smoke form drains supplies, weeding out those who are too unlucky to get high claw specs.

So much of nex's difficulty is how much you spec her for at the start of the smoke form.

That the entire bossfight is kind of a gamble, rather than something that actually takes skill.

it's finding teams and the rate at which Nex bleeds you for money if you don't get drops that are the problems

Yeah, I think the Nex fight is 100% fine. But do something for the droprate, or consistency or something, and something to get rid of the KC. A one time thing then no more KC - part of the one time thing COULD include 40 kills there though ;)

Personally, my favorite idea was the armour shard idea. Not 100% sure on how to implement it, but the shards would be really common, at most say a 1/10 drop. However, the rate at which you get shards and how many you need for a full set could be balanced with the current drop rate, so the theoretical amount of kills you need for a piece remains the same.

Oh, to above poster, if Torva and the such was more common, it wouldn't actually, you know, BE 3b. And the idea behind HP boosting armour was that, if it was cheap enough, it'd really help solve the DPS issue in PVP. With a bit of bad luck, you can die wayyyyyy to fast and easily there.

@wkw427: that was a stupid post.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I remember when Kalphite queen and KBD were hard to kill and then someone actually soloed them! It was like "Wow!". Now I'm not a member and never been but I can imagine that the Kalphite Queen and KBD aren't that hard anymore to solo.

One thing I would love to do in members is Monster Hunting and (Slayer, CW). When I see you people complaining about stats and costs... I just think: "What the hell did you expect?" It drops the best Runescape armour to date. The stats are achieveable and the costs can be covered by other activities. The part that it's not as rewarding as it should be, I agree that that can be frustrating but the reward is so huge. It all depends if you think it's worth your time and effort.

For years people have wanted high level updates and you almost never got them. Then came GWD, Tzaar, Corp etc. And now Nex. You should rightfully complain if you think something is wrong with Nex but don't say it's too hard. :shame: Veteran on Uncharted is hard ( :angry: ) But I'm not complaining I play it to beat it.

Nex is Jagex's way to say beat this... if you can. :P

By beating I mean either get Nex killed or get Nex killed numerous times and earn all/one of the rewards or however you define "beating".

That kill count is a killer, only reason why I haven't gone and tried.

The kill count should take 15 minutes max with your stats. It's about the same speed as Sara and Arma KC.

That ignores the fact that you can stay all day at Arma/Saradomin but must bank after 2-3 overloads at Nex. Corp also takes 2-3 overloads, and the run from the bank there is 2 minutes.

2496 Completionist

@ the person who said stupid post

Don't be a little kid and say "stupidpost lolol!".. don't even reply to me anymore, as I won't reply to you.

Yes, it is sadly true that you can camp any gd boss for hours on end. Hell, at bandos, if you have 2-5 people you don't have ot bank until you need to go do something else, it is insane. When gwd bosses came out, they were not that hard. THey were moderatly hard, but not very hard. They've been made freskishly easier to damage creep.. which imho is bad.

Nex is hard. Hard does not bean bad. GWD bosses were fairly hard, but they had a high drop rate. 1 in 250 for the BEST weapon in the game was acceptable, because they needed a kill count and were not easy. Now they ar eeasy.

Nex, has a lower drop rate, and is much harder. Risk should = reward. If it takes you 45 minutes to kill it, then you should have a good shot at getting something good.

Think of the wildy. There isn't much reason to go to the wildy other then to pk.

There is the agility course.. but that isn't the best anymore, as its beren replaced with several others.

Red dragons.. who kills red dragons?

Green dragons, easy to kill, fairly high in the wildy.. I say thats the only thing balanced.

OMG KBD! Frost dragons > kbd... and aren't has hard.

Wildy always used to be "more risk, more reward", but that is nto the case anymore

Likewise with nex. The reward does not justify the time nor the risk spent.

Makes me miss WoW where all high end equipment was untradeable except for a few pieces, everything degrades based on time and deaths and cost money to repair. Unlucky on drops from a boss/don't have the LS points for it when it does? Every boss drops tokens than can be stockpiled over a reasonabe amount of time to purchase on par equipment.

And don't get me started on instanced bosses...

But seriously the drop rate needs to be fixed, the boosts to offensiveness (yes its a word) need to be raised (seeing as most monsters are so innaccurate that defense bonuses don't matter or so accurate that again they don't matter), and they should be untradeable.

Armour shards would be a way of fixing smithing/add to crafting. In line with lvl 80 armour you receive a piece of armour for every kill (toggle which type you wish to receive at the banker?) and once you get 10 you can smith the chest given 88 smithing/crafting, the legs given 84 smithing/crafting, and the helm given 80 smithing/crafting. This could also be retro added to previous tiers of armour. The kicker? Any armour made through this method is untradeable but still high alchable and gives generous smithing exp.

/two cents

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword