Do You Believe in Aliens??

abyssalreaper

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the odds that some form of life is out there are pretty big, I seriously doubt if it is intelligent, and if it is, would be advanced enough to cross the distance between them and earth in any reasonable amount of time. Even then, I doubt they'd interact with us in any way.

You'd have to be pretty naieve to say that no form of life exists outside of earth but do i belive little green men are coming to earth in UFO's abducting people?... no.

I also know that crop circles are a load of BS. I work in the crop circle capital of the world, Wiltshire, and the country pubs are full of circle maker groups :P The belivers wont give up that its real though even when people claim them hehe

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

yeah, i believe in aliens. probably some even in our own galaxy. most definently some in other galaxies. problem is, they may not be here at the same time we are. they may have wiped themselves out millions of years ago. maybe they are still micro-organisms, and wont get to our level for millions of years. the chances that there are aliens in our galaxy, and that they are here at the same time at the same level of technology as us, is really, really small.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

With the infinite amount of possibilities of space, there's bound to a ton of planets with life, probably a few others with intelligent life. Probably just not intelligent enough to create spacecraft capable of getting to other galaxies. But yeah, since there aren't exactly any boundaries to space that we know of, I can't imagine any possible way that life couldn't exist elsewhere.

With my understanding the only bodys in this solar system that have ever been or will be sutible for life are Earth Mars and Europa. Mars is a dry plannet but evedince exists that it was wet earler life would have to live under gound to even have a chance at living. We have never even seen under the ice on Europa so there could be as much life there as on Earth. If we do find life on another world and it is just a few hundred of years behind us then we would not be able to talk and if the race is extremly advanced then they will probly not find us intristing enough to talk to. The distances between stars along would prevent any transit between the worlds also because they would be at a miniulm of 4 light years away.

Yes definetly in the Universe and I would say maybe in our galaxy as well (intelligent life that is).

The easiest way of an alien detecting us is if the aliens cast a radio telescope upon our solar system and it would show extremely high radio transmissions coming from a rather average star. Although the aliens would have to be within around 100 light years of Earth for them to detect it as global use of radio started around 100 years ago and as radiowaves are just like light except with a lower wavelength they travel at the same speed as light. We tried using the same technique to detect aliens but we haven't found anything but that's most likely because if there were aliens out there they'd move onto lasers etc instead of radio as it's much more efficient at transmitting.

With my understanding the only bodys in this solar system that have ever been or will be sutible for life are Earth Mars and Europa. Mars is a dry plannet but evedince exists that it was wet earler life would have to live under gound to even have a chance at living. We have never even seen under the ice on Europa so there could be as much life there as on Earth. If we do find life on another world and it is just a few hundred of years behind us then we would not be able to talk and if the race is extremly advanced then they will probly not find us intristing enough to talk to. The distances between stars along would prevent any transit between the worlds also because they would be at a miniulm of 4 light years away.

Europa is thought to have a huge ocean underneath 1 mile thick sheet of ice, kept warm by a molten outer core which rotates around the inner crystal core. They even crashed Gallileo into Jupiter deliberately so as not to contaminate Europa. Imagine if they sent a probe to Europa, drilled through the 1 mile thick of ice and sent a submarine into the ocean and it got eaten by a huge sea monster... now that would be a good movie.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Europa is thought to have a huge ocean underneath 1 mile thick sheet of ice, kept warm by a molten outer core which rotates around the inner crystal core. They even crashed Gallileo into Jupiter deliberately so as not to contaminate Europa. Imagine if they sent a probe to Europa, drilled through the 1 mile thick of ice and sent a submarine into the ocean and it got eaten by a huge sea monster... now that would be a good movie.

Damn straight.

Well i beleive that there are aliens, but don't have a way to travel to our solar system. If they were able to travel to our solar system, they would probrably do so with advanced technology that gives them the ability to travel at incredibly high speeds, even faster than light :shock: . And if they were able to travel faster than light, we wouldn't be able to see them. They might be right next to one of us right now, or maybe next to me. :twisted: :shock:

I think of the existance of aliens in a slightly different way than most people...

As a Christian, I believe in a God who, by His nature, is creative. He has the power to create and enjoys creating. I don't see any reason why he would stop creating after earth was done. Now, I don't know if He created other beings like us (physical, intelligent beings), but I do believe He's created intelligent spiritual beings like angels. I'd say it's pretty narrow minding for so many Christians to think that God would have stopped creating after making us. Even if there's races out there that we'll never meet and celestial bodies we'll never see, it doesn't matter - the universe is for Him, not for us.

Call me crazy, call me stupid, call me a religious fanatic, but that's my view of it.

Oh, and why does everyone assume that aliens are advanced and capable of space travel? Isn't it equally likely that they're far more primitive than us? Behold, the influence of sci-fi on society.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

Oh, and why does everyone assume that aliens are advanced and capable of space travel? Isn't it equally likely that they're far more primitive than us? Behold, the influence of sci-fi on society.

Exactly what I was thinking Astralinre

Proud Acolyte of the Ooc

Cmon Steve you can do it!

userbaracolyteau6.png

userredkbglz3.png

I think of the existance of aliens in a slightly different way than most people...

As a Christian, I believe in a God who, by His nature, is creative. He has the power to create and enjoys creating. I don't see any reason why he would stop creating after earth was done. Now, I don't know if He created other beings like us (physical, intelligent beings), but I do believe He's created intelligent spiritual beings like angels. I'd say it's pretty narrow minding for so many Christians to think that God would have stopped creating after making us. Even if there's races out there that we'll never meet and celestial bodies we'll never see, it doesn't matter - the universe is for Him, not for us.

Not to get in a religious debate, but in so many ways, the Bible doesn't make any sense and makes me not believe in the ways on God, which is why I don't believe in his anymore.

Anyway, I want to be a purple fat alien named Vautaug. That would be special.

You'd have to be pretty naieve to say that no form of life exists outside of earth but do i belive little green men are coming to earth in UFO's abducting people?... no.

I also know that crop circles are a load of BS. I work in the crop circle capital of the world, Wiltshire, and the country pubs are full of circle maker groups :P The belivers wont give up that its real though even when people claim them hehe

Lies, everyone knows it's Chuck Norris' way of telling corn to lie the **** down ;)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Lies, everyone knows it's Chuck Norris' way of telling corn to lie the **** down ;)

That silly Chuck Norris. Always playing with his magic powers.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

*cough* 2061 odeysee three *cough*

a book, might have been made into a movie. and not exactly about what you say but its similar.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

ok.. please dont go all aaaahhh on me because i am only stateing a oppinion like the rest of you

Do i belieave in alieans.. thats a hard question to answer.. i am a belieaver of god the lord and jesus christ.. and we belieave in him.. so would he make other lifeforms that could distroy us.. whell he made dinasors and other this that have eaten humans.. however yes i belieave that somewhere in the endless ammounts of space that there is another lifeform.. however i think it is in the same time and same resources avaible.. beacuse god would not create a life 2000 years more advanced than u and i for they could distroy us.. and i do not beleaive that he is creataing another life form now that we could come more advanced than and wipe out..

.. so there are my oppinions on life in other galixies and aliens

ok.. please dont go all aaaahhh on me because i am only stateing a oppinion like the rest of you

Do i belieave in alieans.. thats a hard question to answer.. i am a belieaver of god the lord and jesus christ.. and we belieave in him.. so would he make other lifeforms that could distroy us.. whell he made dinasors and other this that have eaten humans.. however yes i belieave that somewhere in the endless ammounts of space that there is another lifeform.. however i think it is in the same time and same resources avaible.. beacuse god would not create a life 2000 years more advanced than u and i for they could distroy us.. and i do not beleaive that he is creataing another life form now that we could come more advanced than and wipe out..

.. so there are my oppinions on life in other galixies and aliens

Dinosaurs have never eaten humans ^.^

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

I do believe in aliens.

I believe that we could be more advanced than the aliens. They might not even be green like the movies :) . I do think if they are more advanced and come here they might not harm us but actually help us. Or the movies can be right and make life a living ****.

If you watch some of thoughs alien shows and say we have been visited already. That might be true and the goverment is covering it up.

goldenblade995.png