Behind the Scenes - March

Michael

Ffs another month of waiting for the dung quest....

Rip..

Erm we have the "dung" quest in that we have the first quest with a dg requirement in the new pirates quest.

Other than tht we have no form of "dung" quest to be waiting for.

He means the 'The Ritual of the Mahjahrrat' quest. :thumbup:

That has no links to dungeoneering thou* and everyone referring to that says the ROTM quest

*Just to cover my ass for pedants: it has no CONFIRMED links. It might req dg but nothing has confirmed or suggested this

People call it the dung quest because it's heavily rumored that it will unlock an extra bind slot.

Didn't Mod Mark say that it'd require 65 dg? EDIT : Was actually Paul.

Also, Tome Raider, which was supposed to feature the signature hero Sir Ewain, apparently got scrapped.

Edited by Saradomin_Mage

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem, 99 smithers?

Hardly, its a low level update and your way late on that.

You should have had that up after the living rock cavern update.

Thats the official way to train smithing nowadays.

The real challenge for level 70+ smiths, though, is making ceremonial swords... It's not for everyone, as it's a fine and precise art, but those who can master it should earn more XP working on adamant ceremonial swords than they could bashing out adamant platebodies...

You have an odd definition of low level update. If making the lowest level ceremonial swords, which I assume to be bronze, requires level 70, then rune is going to be pretty high.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

This is the big huge smithing update? Thats a bit disappointing to me, I was expecting a complete overhaul of the smithing system. I mean, smithing is a cool skill and all, I've just always thought it was very unbalanced in terms of reward, the fact that it takes 99 smithing to make a rune platebody is just absurd, I mean, rune isn't even that good...

Rejected.jpg

Since I began playing they were dishing out level 10-60 level requirements. Slowly and gradually. Very slowly. Very gradually. We finally come to the landmark occasion of level 40-70 smithing update!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

However on the otherhand I havnt been quite so slow or THAT gradual to progress and build my character during the same time span.

5000 times requirement for level 40

267 times requirement for level 70 -- I dont know how much higher it will go than 70 but probably not much.

To not have a revamp or atleast 90+ skill requirements is quite a disappointment for how they hyped it.

Anyway its pretty obvious they missed the mark on this one. :rolleyes: Over hyped by them' and pretty much just a missed opportunity. I honestly dont think they have the balls to revamp any of their skills anymore. Just sticking with the safe option. In the long run I dont think thats ganna keep them ahead of the competition tbh!

Other updates are more interesting for what they are.

Since I began playing they were dishing out level 10-60 level requirements. Slowly and gradually. Very slowly. Very gradually. We finally come to the landmark occasion of level 40-70 smithing update!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

However on the otherhand I havnt been quite so slow or THAT gradual to progress and build my character during the same time span.

267 times requirement for level 70 -- I dont know how much higher it will go than 70 but probably not much.

To not have a revamp or atleast 90+ skill requirements is quite a disappointment for how they hyped it.

Anyway its pretty obvious they missed the mark on this one. :rolleyes: Over hyped by them' and pretty much just a missed opportunity. I honestly dont think they have the balls to revamp any of their skills anymore. Just sticking with the safe option. In the long run I dont think thats ganna keep them ahead of the competition tbh!

Actually, I think you'll find that this update was overhyped by the players more so than by Jagex themselves. In 90% of cases players just overhype every anticipated update. A pretty good example being FTP3. I can only recall a handful of occasions where Jagex have even mentioned the smithing update.

That being said this is clearly the complete opposite to what everyone wanted and the worst part is Jagex know what we wanted but failed to deliver as per usual.

Sylpheed.png

Actually, I think you'll find that this update was overhyped by the players more so than by Jagex themselves. In 90% of cases players just overhype every anticipated update. A pretty good example being FTP3. I can only recall a handful of occasions where Jagex have even mentioned the smithing update.

That being said this is clearly the complete opposite to what everyone wanted and the worst part is Jagex know what we wanted but failed to deliver as per usual.

They called it a revamp, and the word big was used. This is neither.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

No actually I think you find jagex overhyped it. :rolleyes:

The trouble is, I don't think anyone actually had/has a problem with the levelling process of Smithing, be it via Smelting, LRC Superheat or Anvil Smithing. It's the lack of purpose or use for the skill, now I'll hold back judgement to see what the gains/purpose of helping these dwarves are. However if it's just another WAY to level Smithing and gives people no additional purpose nor motivation to shell out 50+ mil on the way to 99, then I guess it will be a giant failure upon listening to what the community wants, rather than some "bright" idea a couple of developers had at the coffee machine.

I honestly think Gaddafi has more clue of what his people want/need than Jagex do their customers.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

I think the Ring of wealth update is crap. First Jagex keeps out info about Ring of wealth, then after few years they release info, after TONS of discussion. And now they want to make it better because it's not used much or some other reason.

There are other items that needs a update, not Ring of wealth. And if you wanna make a new ring similar to Ring of wealth, don't improve ring of wealth. Make a ring called "Wealthier ring", a better form of Ring of wealth, but not the same ring or gotten through Ring of wealth.

And speaking of rings and updating a current item to be more useful. What about Ring of stone? Most useless ring in Runescape, and been in game for 6+ years without any good use.

Problem, 99 smithers?

Hardly, its a low level update and your way late on that.

You should have had that up after the living rock cavern update.

Thats the official way to train smithing nowadays.

The real challenge for level 70+ smiths, though, is making ceremonial swords... It's not for everyone, as it's a fine and precise art, but those who can master it should earn more XP working on adamant ceremonial swords than they could bashing out adamant platebodies...

You have an odd definition of low level update. If making the lowest level ceremonial swords, which I assume to be bronze, requires level 70, then rune is going to be pretty high.

I love how you are almost always the only person who steps back and thinks before posting.

The BTS doesn't label everything possible for the smithing update, only a selection what will be. Just because it mentions Adamant ceremonial swords doesn't mean there will only be them. The smithing update has however been so obverhyped by players that always hate Jagex that whatever happened it would be bashed so it doesn't really matter what they do.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

No actually I think you find jagex overhyped it. :rolleyes:

I would like to see this overhyping. It's not as if they even made reference to it as one of the major highlights of this years updates. They never said it was going to revolutionise Smithing either. To Green, I would have thought it was quite obvious by now that what Jagex say and what they mean are two entirely different things.

Sylpheed.png

I think the Ring of wealth update is crap. First Jagex keeps out info about Ring of wealth, then after few years they release info, after TONS of discussion. And now they want to make it better because it's not used much or some other reason.

There are other items that needs a update, not Ring of wealth. And if you wanna make a new ring similar to Ring of wealth, don't improve ring of wealth. Make a ring called "Wealthier ring", a better form of Ring of wealth, but not the same ring or gotten through Ring of wealth.

And speaking of rings and updating a current item to be more useful. What about Ring of stone? Most useless ring in Runescape, and been in game for 6+ years without any good use.

I'd be very annoyed if they make a new better wealth ring instead of just upgrading the old one. There are plenty of useless items in the game, and something that makes one useful is much better than bringing in another item to further bury the old one.

I don't know why you're against the update. Sure, there are other items that could be updated too, but that doesn't mean they should just not update any of them because some [bleep] heads like you will get pissed off that it wasn't their favorite useless item that got updated first. Your anger seems irrational and bizarre.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

To Green, I would have thought it was quite obvious by now that what Jagex say and what they mean are two entirely different things.

So it doesn't count as hype, because we should have known Jagex was lying? Hype is making something sound better than it is, and that's exactly what they did. A revamp implies fixing the skill, not turning it into another cooking.

I'd be very annoyed if they make a new better wealth ring instead of just upgrading the old one. There are plenty of useless items in the game, and something that makes one useful is much better than bringing in another item to further bury the old one.

I don't know why you're against the update. Sure, there are other items that could be updated too, but that doesn't mean they should just not update any of them because some [bleep] heads like you will get pissed off that it wasn't their favorite useless item that got updated first. Your anger seems irrational and bizarre.

I don't like the Ring of wealth update because Ring of welath already have a use. It actually makes you wealthier. Use it at Dark beasts and you get tons of half keys, use it at Abyssal demons: tons of rune chain + med.

It's good ring at Rune dropping monsters. Infact i have considered using it when camping at Abyssal demons, and i had choice of Onyx ring (I) , Berserker (I), WArrior (I). So as you can see Ring of wealth does have a use.

It does not deserv to be a point in March update, that's for sure. Jagex should have tweaked % of rare chance instead. But your completely right and i agree with you, better to improve a already existing ring, than make a new one.

I just think Ring of wealth does not qualify as a item worthy of updating.

i doubt this new ring will work with LS, so maybe it might be better to ffa nex. who knows though, that's a lot of lost ceremonial pieces

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I don't like the Ring of wealth update because Ring of welath already have a use. It actually makes you wealthier. Use it at Dark beasts and you get tons of half keys, use it at Abyssal demons: tons of rune chain + med.

It's good ring at Rune dropping monsters. Infact i have considered using it when camping at Abyssal demons, and i had choice of Onyx ring (I) , Berserker (I), WArrior (I). So as you can see Ring of wealth does have a use.

It does not deserv to be a point in March update, that's for sure. Jagex should have tweaked % of rare chance instead. But your completely right and i agree with you, better to improve a already existing ring, than make a new one.

RoW doesn't work on rune chains and meds.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

That's not what RoW does. Except for the half keys. It does very slightly improve the drop rate of half keys. The rune drops are your imagination, and the half key increase is minuscule enough that you're probably imagining that as well.

If anything, you should be thrilled that your ring choice is going to become less stupid, because as it is you've been wasting your ring slot on garbage.

If i am wrong about that, then may i ask: how you know it don't work on rune items? Ring of wealth works on rares: Shield left half, dragon med, dragongemstone, rune items etc

Not abyssal whips, black mask, dragon boots etc.

That's how i understand it.

EDIT:

Ok, then Ring of wealth needs a update. I guess i misinterupted the text.

If i am wrong about that, then may i ask: how you know it don't work on rune items? Ring of wealth works on rares: Shield left half, dragon med, dragongemstone, rune items etc

Not abyssal whips, black mask, dragon boots etc.

That's how i understand it.

There's a specific set of drops that every monster that drops uncut gems can drop: sapphire, emerald, ruby, diamond, dragon med, shield left half, dragon spear, half keys. Those are the only drops that RoW currently affects.

A good test is asking if a gorak can drop it. If it can't, RoW won't help.

Some of Marchs other updates will include a Fremmenik longships worth of tiny tweaks and gameplay improvements to the Dungeoneering skill

While I'm quite excited for this, I hope this doesn't mean the end of being able to safespot Dreadnaut or the Hope Devourer.

There's a specific set of drops that every monster that drops uncut gems can drop: sapphire, emerald, ruby, diamond, dragon med, shield left half, dragon spear, half keys. Those are the only drops that RoW currently affects.

A good test is asking if a gorak can drop it. If it can't, RoW won't help.

Sigh, i hate Ring of wealth. But now that you guys have corrected me, it deservs a update. But i still hate it for all discussion and thoughts i have put in trying to understand it. :mad:

I appreciate the correction.