What is the hardest quest?

Retefael

Hardest to work out was definately MEP2. Just one big 3D puzzle after epic fails at hand holds. Had to go train agility and come back. Missus came back from Kylie concert and i was still up at 3am ranting at the screen. :evil:

Died at: Monkey Madness boss fight. Summer's End three times. Haunted Mine omg! (well I was only 40 Cb or something).

Nearly died: Contact! running through the tunnel. Dream Mentor, pfft! close one.

Funny: Monkey Madness great storyline and reward.

Not Funny: DT. Killed smokey dude for diamond and forgot to pick it up, tele'd out. Doh! Had to kill him all over again. :wall:

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the ones I HATE with all of my human being:

Underground Pass. There are some unbelievable fail rates for those traps inside.

Monkey Madness: Saw this one coming, but seriously, wtf?

MEP2: No questions needed.

Desert Treasure wasn't that bad, maybe fighting some of the guys (Whatever their names are.)

and finally,

RATCATCHERS. Dumbest quest ever made. No point in doing it, no point of having it. Personally Jagex, Runescape is great, but you should be ashamed for making such a STUPID quest.

RFD - Evil Dave's part

I had to do this with a kitten... took me over 2 hours :wall:

Me too...so bloody annoying. I'd been killing cats after each cat quest up until then, but now I've got one sitting on standby in case any rubbish like that has to be done again*cough*varrock diary*end cough*

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I loved Desert Treasure...awesome quest and not hard. I made the pyramid on my first try. :lol:

Underground Pass and Mourning's End Prt. 2 are the hardest, since they're the longest and require multiple runs. If you run out of equipment or get too low of a heath, then teleport out, it'll take a while to go back to where you left off. Underground pass was a fun quest nonetheless...MEP2 was, well I've never finished it. :lol:

Monkey Madness comes a close third though.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Having completed every quest, I can honestly say that MEP2 is the hardest quest in the game, but only if you don't use a guide. The puzzle in itself isn't that difficult, but the annoying part is the groups of remarkably hard-hitting shadows that endlessly assault you, breaking your concentration. Although I might be overstating this because I was only in the 80's when I did the quest when it was originally released.

While Guthix Sleeps was more long than it was challenging. The puzzles were interesting and required some thought, but they were nowhere near as irritating as MEP2.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Definitly MEP2. [bLEEp]ing hanging ledge... I found the puzzle hard even with a guide, and was like "[bleep] you shadows!!!!!" when I finally finished it :twss:

I found the later-half of the vampire series very fun, running through that town. Mierdytch or whatever. Same with the U.P.

Does anyone else think that Cabin Fever should be made into a mini-game? How AWSOME would that be?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

While Guthix Sleeps, despite it's Grandmaster level, can be disputed to be the hardest quest right next to Dream Mentor. Dream Mentor is a Desert Treasure to the next level: 4 boss monsters with no banking and you must kill them in one go. I'd say one of those two will be the hardest quest thus far. Then, you'd have to compare it to the difficulty and problem solving mayhem of Mourning's End Part 2

7 Capes of Achievement

Proud Fire Cape Owner March 9, 2007

legendq.png

Jabb_awokeez.png

I don't see why everyone says MM and DT are so hard. I did MM at level 30 on one pure account, and DT on a level 47, both without prayer. Sure, it cost me a fair amount in food, but they were both relativity straightforward. The boss fight in MM is incredibly easy, if you know how to do it.

ARGGHHH UNDERGROUND PASS!!!

Desert treasure is easy for anyone thats not a pure with no prayer and no defense even then its pretty easy, otherwise, easy as pie.

Monkey madness is easy for anyone, period.

Underground pass is a gigantic pain in the [wagon] though, oh god.

Oh, and i don't know if anyones mentioned it, but ichlarins little helper was a pain as well.

O.O

I did Desert Treasure and Monkey Madness a while ago and found them quite easy. I haven't done MEP2 yet, but RFD isn't too hard either. One Small Favour isn't even that long ::'.

I'd just find any farming related quest the most annoying :P.

worst in my opinion, MEP2 and Summers End. i had to do MEP TWICE. yea twice, i had to do it on a 2nd acc when my first got perm muted. Summers End was easy, till the 2nd room, after the cutsceen, the beast launched its attack and instant killed me as i couldn't run. every other quest was easy

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

although (as most agree) MEP2 is the most annoying... and low-percentage-luck based.. I think the hardest quest so far is definitely Summer's End. The sheer adrenaline of avoiding the Spirit Beast's various attacks.... enough to break into a right sweat!! :) Much fun!..... and relief at the end of course.

Try my fully-graphical

copper_forum.png

RuneScape Equipment Bonus Calculator

at http://www.copperdragon.org/

worst in my opinion, MEP2 and Summers End. i had to do MEP TWICE. yea twice, i had to do it on a 2nd acc when my first got perm muted. Summers End was easy, till the 2nd room, after the cutsceen, the beast launched its attack and instant killed me as i couldn't run. every other quest was easy

That's strange. Unless you mean that you experienced a glitch and literally couldn't run, I think that most people (including myself) would say the first room is the most difficult.

2dgucz6.png

Kennith's Concern...The Rubium Mines almost made me give up on questing.

Ratcatcher's also pissed me off to no end because of the mansion.

Basically, any quest that has stealth is a quest I consider hard.

I enjoyed MEP2 and Summer's End, but the two above were just..ugh.

Kibbeh.png

99 Firemaking-Quest Cape-99 Cooking

Dragon Skirt x3, Dragon Legs x2, Dragon Med Helm x1, Black Mask x1

One small favour...I almost died when the phrase "One Small Favour" came up, but I was happy when I completed the first favour and knew that I could finish the rest of them:D

Visit my blog

fractalsigdone.jpg

Signature made by dsavi_x4

Kenneth's concerns and Rat Catchers are by far the most irritating and are among the most difficult. I'd say that Summer's End, Kenneth's Concerns, and Rat Catchers are the three most difficult quests... I say they are difficult because you can't force your way through them with high skills, and because for people that experience significant packet loss (i.e. lag) those quests are a nightmare. I'd rank MEP:2 as the 4th most difficult quest (the puzzle, like any puzzle, can be solved easily with guides. It's those damn handholds and the fact that you have mid-level monsters attacking you at all times that makes me give this a difficult rating) and WGS as the 5th most difficult, just because of its length and because the Balance Elemental is a bit tough (for quest standards).

td2sig.jpg

for me mep2 is the most difficult, i spent an entire day trying the handholds.

but it was easier then monkey madness for me because i did monkey madness at a really low level and i died about 4 times.

i found desert treasure really easy thou.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

That's strange. Unless you mean that you experienced a glitch and literally couldn't run, I think that most people (including myself) would say the first room is the most difficult.

the 1st was soo easy, so long as you didnt light the fires before they were all ready

baileydafrog.png

Sheep Herder annoyed the hell out of me.

how the hell...that took me like 5 minutes....seriously....

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come