What do you do when you feel down?

Hakaan

Go out for a drink with some friends and talk [cabbage] for a few hours. Always cheers me up.

And if no-one is free to do that, I'll fire on some music (Tom Waits/Andrew Jackson Jihad and Nils Lofgren amongst others. Basically softer, acoustic-ey music that helps me relax).

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get on with life, because no-one ever achieved anything wallowing in self-pity.

Well that applies for most trivial matters anyway. If we're talking down as in a family member's just died then obviously I take that more seriously.

• Listen to my favorite music

• Call/text/MSN my girlfriend

• Chill out with bros

• Cook myself something nice

• Produce art

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I just wallow in it for a while and try to do something distracting like watching TV or playing games. Anything to numb my mind.

this

then this

I realize my life is freaking perfect compared to 99% of the world and get over myself.

but i'm rarely feeling down lately... and when I do, there's usually someone there to help me get through it [i.e. remind me my life is awesome].

hiccup.png

Generally I listen to music that I know I like and turn it up kind of loud. I especially do this when I'm driving home from school but feel craptastic; turn up the bass and volume and it's just mindless pointlessness that makes me happy, I guess.

Otherwise I go play guitar hero for like an hour and it gets all the meh ness out of my system. Sleep is always good too.

I am actually on an anti-depressant, and I think if you think you might be better off with one, go talk to your doctor about it and see how they feel about it; you can always try it and then if it doesn't work, try something else. [there's no reason to feel crappy if you don't have to is my philosophy.]

If I'm angry, I let it out (punching bag).

If I'm sad, I will do either of two things:

1. Put on some chilled music (I find that my ability to listen to d'n'b etc is very impaired when I'm in this state), or just calm/sad music. If I need to cry, then I'll let it out and feel better after.

2. Speak to my best friend. Don't really like doing it, but we look after each other, and it's always nice to know someone is there for you (besids your parents & family).

My problem is that I don't have many people to talk to, which causes a problem within itself, but then I can't talk to anybody about my problem, all resulting in a vicious cycle of unhappiness.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

If a lack of friends is what's getting you down then join a voluntary organisation. Doing something you feel is socially 'good' will provide its own happiness (apparently just as much as we would gain from suddenly doubling our income) and it's a chance to develop social skills and make new friendships with people there.

I listen to Joy Division. After a while of doing that then I'll watch a feel good movie like Enchanted or Stardust. Then if I am still sad I just stop being sad and be awesome instead, like a few other people have said.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Nobody has mentioned eating?

When I feel unhappy I fry myself up 3-4 eggs, some homefries with bacon, and some heavily buttered toast. Wash it down with a cup of coffee. My favorite meal <3

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Well, as borderline crazy as this sounds, when I'm mad the voice in my head tell me to snap out of it.

Like, a little cynical version of me pops up and basically points out why I shouldn't be mad at this person/situation and won't shut up until I give up and become happy again out of sheer frustration.

Mind, this isn't a multiple personality disorder or anything, I don't think. It's more of a "you'll tell yourself to get over yourself through arguments with yourself".

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I usually just sit there and feel down for a while. Listen to less upbeat music (Not necessarily sad, but just not fast happy kinda music. I.E. My music is sorted into happy, happy/heavy, and sad, so I listen to the sad playlist), or I'll play my guitar for a while. If I'm in public, I'll distance myself from everyone else.

Yeah, sometimes I'll feel down just for the sake of feeling down. I dunno, I just do. I guess it helps me control my emotions when I'm out in public instead of being alone. Feeling down isn't really the problem for me - it's feeling frustrated and angry. If I'm angry and I don't have something to take it out on (i.e. the kicking bag at Taekwondo), that's when [cabbage] goes down.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I try to solve the problem, or just ride it out. Sometimes finding new music helps me out.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Lay in bed and mope

Talk to my boyfriend

Play with my cat

After a while I get over it and/or my boyfriend makes me feel better <3:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Stop.

Long ago I realized feeling sorry for myself didn't help anything and was pointless. If it's something I can control (ie grades I guess? don't really know a good example) I'd fix it. If it's something I can't (ie girlfriend breaking up with me, parents divorce) I have a few drinks and get over it.

(srs)

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

I stop being sad and be awesome instead.

Stole it from HIMYM but it's how I roll :ugeek:

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I stop being sad and be awesome instead.

Stole it from HIMYM but it's how I roll :ugeek:

I would do this, but I know that I'm not awesome....

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Nobody has mentioned eating?

When I feel unhappy I fry myself up 3-4 eggs, some homefries with bacon, and some heavily buttered toast. Wash it down with a cup of coffee. My favorite meal <3

Actually that is a tried method that helps. When you're hungry it doesn't help your mood at all.

And yeah, obviously overeating because of it is a problem, but for me it isn't (I'm fairly skinny).

j0xPu5R.png