Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rumors

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

3PointMan
[ Display Name History ]

3PointMan

Mr. Parkour

• Members
  • 1,729 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Paranoia
What do you do in response to rumors? Have you ever started any? Have you ever had any started about you?

Thought of this thread, because one was started about me today. Someone told someone else that I was fooling around with a girl, one of my best friends, and it kinda sucks. No one believes the truth, so all you can really do is ignore it, deny it and tell people to **** off. Only a week left of school anyway :D

What about you guys?

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I remember high school.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

3PointMan
[ Display Name History ]

3PointMan

Mr. Parkour

• Members
  • 1,729 posts
  • RSN:Paranoia

I remember high school.

Yup. Usually I just kinda sit and watch this stuff happen, this is the first time it's been directed at me. I find it mildly humorous, to be honest :P

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Lol high school. Can't believe people actually cared about that crap...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

All_Is_Great
[ Display Name History ]

All_Is_Great

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts

I remember high school.

Yup. Usually I just kinda sit and watch this stuff happen, this is the first time it's been directed at me. I find it mildly humorous, to be honest :P

I like to keep a low profile :P
Or in other words, I'm just not popular.

Because of that, I've rarely had rumors started about me, at least I can't remember any. But when someone tells me gossip about other people, I'll probably discuss it with them then forget about it after a couple classes. I make sure not to spread it around though, because those things spread like wildfire and sometimes can be very harmful to others :mellow:

Staurolite.png

Maleficus1055
[ Display Name History ]

Maleficus1055

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,291 posts
  • RSN:Armyman19
Haha, earlier this year I ditched a day, which I rarely do. Later that day I get texts "WERE YU SUSPENDED DOOD?" Next day I get to school and these 2 freshman I've never once spoken to apparently spread a rumor that I got suspended for smoking weed on campus. I lol'd.

tigershelby2
[ Display Name History ]

tigershelby2

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
First time a rumor was started about me, i freaked out and did my best to stop it. Like fighting a fire with gasoline. It eventually died down. Next time it happend i just said [bleep] it and ignored it. Taught me to no care what other people thought. And if you just ignore them, they die faster.

If it involves you and another person, make sure they know whats up and if it is or isnt true.

Also, "Those who care dont matter, and those who matter dont care" forgot who said it, but i want to give them a high-five and a cookie

Barrows:
Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,
Torag- Body, Hammers
Karil- Crossbow
Guthan- Body
Ahrim- Hood, Staff

Lenin64
[ Display Name History ]

Lenin64

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,249 posts

Also, "Those who care dont matter, and those who matter dont care" forgot who said it, but i want to give them a high-five and a cookie

Dr. Seuss, I think.
Posted Image
Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
Posted Image

K4ylan
[ Display Name History ]

K4ylan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,924 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Harpy Priest
  • Clan:Harpies

Dr. Seuss, I think.

Awesome

TrueBeaver
[ Display Name History ]

TrueBeaver

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • RSN:TrueBeaver
  • Clan:Red Blade Hunters
Not since Middle School when some phaggot went around telling people I was jacking off in the locker room at the pool. During High School there was too much true stuff going on for any rumors about me to gain any traction. However, some of my friends were victims to rumors that we still don't let them live down, even though they're obviously fake. It probably helped that I went to a small school and was in the "popular" clique.

Edit: I also wasn't a very good target for rumors because I made it very clear throughout high school that I didn't care what people thought about me. One of my friends who was a bit more sensitive (a lot of time when we'd go drinking he'd have us all compliment him before he would start) was the target of more than a few nasty rumors. I think there's some causation there.

Edited by TrueBeaver, 03 June 2011 - 04:11 AM.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell
"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

Posted Image

#1 Warring 90+ Clan. Awesome Community. Click to join.
Posted Image

Schutzengel
[ Display Name History ]

Schutzengel

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 14 posts
I haven't heard any rumors about me recently. I have heard rumors about my friends sometimes and in those cases I will defend them or ignore the rumors.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,204 posts
I heard that 3PointMan hires illegal immigrants to choke him sensually.
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
Doesn't really bother me anymore. I remember when it did. Those were the days... :rolleyes:

j0xPu5R.png

andufusthebronze
[ Display Name History ]

andufusthebronze

X-TET

• Members
  • 2,528 posts
Has anyone seen the film Easy A? That's a film all about how rumours spread in High Schools, it's bloody hilarious.

The best part of how true it is.
What actually happened: you insulted someone heavily.
A week later, someone comes up to you: DID YOU REALLY PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE?

...No. :lol:

The only major rumour about me was that I broke someone's nose.
Though that was true. So that's probably more gossip than rumour.
Posted Image

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

SlĂ inte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
I thought school was bad enough for rumours and gossip but after working a couple of jobs you learn that "mature" adults can be even worse than high school kids for idle gossip and rumours.

I always take rumours with a pinch of salt, more often than not they've been blown out of proportion.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB

I remember high school.

And to be honest college as well. I go to a very very small campus...it's worse then high school I dare say. The fraternity and sorority life dominates the campus and rumors are started all the time <_<

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts

What do you do in response to rumors?

This.
Posted Image
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

TTanT
[ Display Name History ]

TTanT

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,041 posts
I was rumored to be gay through all of middle school and through half of high school (about 3 1/2 years total), until I surprised everyone by dating a girl. I also only found out about the rumor after it ended. :roll:
Admittedly I was close friends with an obvious gay guy, but still.

Also, said friend got suspended one day for shoving someone, and by the end of the day he'd apaprently written a story featuring most of the people in the school being killed horribly. #-o

Also, the Romans never actually crucified me.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

Tifers say the darndest things

Dizzle229
[ Display Name History ]

Dizzle229

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,771 posts
  • RSN:dizzle229
Rumors: Spread by stupid people who are not only willing to damage someone's reputation so they can look momentarily interesting, but will spread those rumors without even thinking of seeing if its the truth, or in some cases, just plain make them up by coming up with their own conclusions.

That said, the only rumor I've heard about myself when a few years ago, someone said that I threatened to disembowel a girl. What. Thee. Fack.
Posted Image

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users