Spartan3450

Most influential/iconic players of RS2?

Most of these names are unimportant to me and to the timeline of Runescape...

Zezima, N0valyfe, Bluerose13x, Xx Jut Xx, Sixfeetunder, The Sabre clan, Durial321, those are names that'll stick for a while, at least for those who know their history.

Most if not all of these new "iconic" people will come and go soon enough.

A year and a bit ago I was hailed as one of the most influential people on the game because the Climbing Boots ordeal, amongst other things. "Logdotzip for CEO!" etc, etc, basically last year's Jiblix. I still get recognized plenty in game, for that and for Youtube videos and such, but honestly, I find it a joke that people consider RuneScape Youtubers iconic in any way shape or form. Sparc Mac? Win All Day? etc? What TRUE influence have they made on the game? None whatsoever. There may have been someone who felt much stronger about the Climbing boots than I, someone may have felt much stronger about bots than Jiblix. You know the only reason myself or him got pushed ahead of others who were also discontent? We have a platform of expression that reaches a larger audience. Aside from that, we have made zero game-changing events happen. We are like the rest. I have not nor will I ever consider myself Iconic or famous or whatever. I, as well as no other player, should be awarded or given extra recognition for something we should all do anyways (The right thing). Unfortunately, the average playerbase age of RuneScape is very low in contrast to most other MMO's, so it's quite easy to warp the minds of the youth into thinking people with a lot of subscribers have some form of worth because of said subscribers. Unwarranted Self-importance, and what's sad is, a lot of people on Youtube don't even want it, they're given it by other ignorant people.

People will forget about what Jiblix did in time, and while I do think it's cool the stand he made, so did everyone about me when I did it. Now it's just a bygone memory.

No one knows who you are lol

I'm pretty sure his 16000+ subscribers and several people here on tip.it know who he is.

Just because it applies to you doesn't mean it applies to everyone.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

A year and a bit ago I was hailed as one of the most influential people on the game because the Climbing Boots ordeal

I stopped there and the laughter ensued.

Sorry :lol:.

You can laugh, but trust me, I had my fifteen minutes, or fifteen weeks. I only said that to make a point anyways; none of it lasts, and I scoff at the people who say Youtubers are iconic or whatever simply because of their PK or staking videos, etc.

The climbing boots incident is synonymous with Logdotzip.

Anyway, Zarfot.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.