7 years of Tip.it Forums

The Observer

Anyone else remember the Roll Back? :(

yup,3 months worth of posts gone,it was around June 2008 or so,so everything until march was gone

myself?

i joined in june 2007,and if i read some of my earlier posts (hell,posts i made last year,even a month ago too) make me cringe becasue of the stupidity of said posts (this post is probably make me cringe too when i read it again in 4 years)

in the 4 years that ive been posting here,i matured (a little),gained lots of new friends,and,still after all those years, some of my posts tend to kill the thread they're posted in :twss:

And :"Ever caught them?"-thread,does anyone remember that one?

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

yup,3 months worth of posts gone,it was around June 2008 or so,so everything until march was gone

myself?

i joined in june 2007,and if i read some of my earlier posts (hell,posts i made last year,even a month ago too) make me cringe becasue of the stupidity of said posts (this post is probably make me cringe too when i read it again in 4 years)

in the 4 years that ive been posting here,i matured (a little),gained lots of new friends,and,still after all those years, some of my posts tend to kill the thread they're posted in :twss:

And :"Ever caught them?"-thread,does anyone remember that one?

Haha yes the ever caught them thread, amazing... almost felt like people were posting whatever with no limits at all. I think that was lost in the rollback?

And there were some other ones like testicular torsion which was pretty funny.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

The ever caught them thread.. who can forget that? :lol: I think it got zapped though.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/206722-please-lock-i-ate-a-piece-of-glass/

Who remembers this one? OTers eat glass when they're bored.

Don't kill me Wongtong.

Ohh,the infamous glass eating thread, :thumbsup:

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

I remember too much.. mostly involved with clanning. But it's been some good times on this board, wouldn't have been a fun runescape career without it. :thumbup:

pan.png

I remember the Ever Caught Them thread was locked after a lot of discussion about the Mature content tag? Or am I remembering it wrongly?

It was locked because it turned into a specific diary of people's sexual experiences. That's how I recall it anyway.

I miss Trapical's "Ten Topics, Ten Days" - Those were just absolute masterpieces. I remember there was a discussion three years ago about reviving them because the move from phpBB2->phpBB3 destroyed them.

Also, anyone else remember the Drawball that we had back here? We managed to keep the Tip.it logo on there for so long. Unfortunately it died.

j0xPu5R.png

Yep. Sadly that affected me more than it should have. I would post a review of every single movie/TV show I watched in the "last movie you watched thread", so that had me making a lot of posts consistently for years. After we lost all that data I just didn't feel like it was worth keeping up, so I stopped. That just lead to me not really posting much at all anymore.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I remember the Ever Caught Them thread was locked after a lot of discussion about the Mature content tag? Or am I remembering it wrongly?

It was locked because it turned into a specific diary of people's sexual experiences fantasies. That's how I recall it anyway.

Fixed it for ya there. It...really got stupid after the first seven or so pages...but it is TIF history.

Tip.it Islands

Ahh, TIF Islands. :cool: Hey does anyone remember the TIF convention idea? Grew for a little bit, I think it was sparked by TIF islands.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I remember it well. I had this huge thing I'd been writing for weeks and posting up and the Roll Back got rid of it. This was before I discovered that Word does wonders, like saving your work.

How about that old "Don't Shave That Hair" thread that has to be one of the funniest memories I have from this forum.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Remember that thread where Dizzle had to get a ball from the other side of the fence?

Yeah I do.

I still think my idea with the gophers was best. <_<

What did Dizzle end up doing anyways?

I have no clue.

Dizzle, your time to enlighten us.

j0xPu5R.png

Remember that thread where Dizzle had to get a ball from the other side of the fence?

Yeah I do.

I still think my idea with the gophers was best. <_<

What did Dizzle end up doing anyways?

I have no clue.

Dizzle, your time enlighten us.

I will have to read that thread, alot happened during 09-10 when I didn't bother with TIF.

Luck be a Lady

It was locked because it turned into a specific diary of people's sexual experiences. That's how I recall it anyway.

I miss Trapical's "Ten Topics, Ten Days" - Those were just absolute masterpieces. I remember there was a discussion three years ago about reviving them because the move from phpBB2->phpBB3 destroyed them.

Also, anyone else remember the Drawball that we had back here? We managed to keep the Tip.it logo on there for so long. Unfortunately it died.

I remember drawball. It's what introduced me to 4chan. Shame I never went to OT much until 09.

I'd have to say my favorite OT thread ever was the Tip.it Hegemony. It feels weird that that was almost 2 years ago.

I'd have to say my favorite OT thread ever was the Tip.it Hegemony. It feels weird that that was almost 2 years ago.

Yeah that was awesome. Luckily I found Paradox' strategy games. :mrgreen:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I remember drawball. It's what introduced me to 4chan. Shame I never went to OT much until 09.

hegemony is that old already? Boy was that a cluster-[bleep]. Fastortoise fathered a monster with that one. My bad...

Draw ball and islands were pretty cool too. I completely forgot about Ball Over The Fence though! That was a great thread. Props to Dizzle

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

My main memories are someone posting a thread about punching a child and the legal implications, Bubsa's singing for charity, and the testicular torsion thread. It's awesome how quite a few things from so long ago have stuck with me even when I didn't visit here often.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Bubsa sings for charity, I remember the album artwork (heh) and the fairly odd lyrics to his songs.

I remember the forums thrown into a mess after the data loss (when that staff member sabotaged something?), luckily I wasn't an active poster so it didn't affect me drastically.

I don't go to OT often so I miss a lot of the more fun stuff :sad:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.