Behind the Scenes - August

The Observer

Myreque quest: I sure hope it's better (longer, more annoying) than King of the Dwarves, Deadliest Catch and Salt in the Wound. A quest that isn't annoying (like Legend's if you forget the orb for your charge orb spell :P) doesn't feel as good to finish.

Im just hoping they dont try and force Dungeoneering into the quest.

I also hope the new developper will do a good job. And that the Ivandis flail won't become obsolete.

priest_wiz.png

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also hope the new developper will do a good job. And that the Ivandis flail won't become obsolete.

It most likely will.

It'll likely stay the melee weapon while the new quest uses a range weapon. Basing this on the quest being about a tree which I bet we Fletch.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

Yeah, there's a fletch and a woodcutting requirement, yet no ranged requirement. Seems odd to me, looks like we won't have to use the weapon ourselves. :s

Also, the tie with Legends quest could mean we need to use a machete to chop a piece of the tree.

Right now: Everybody loves the idea of level 85 hybrid armour from minigames

Update time: 15 pages of flames when people realise they actually have to play the minigames to attain it

Does look like a good month though, but hopefully they won't accidentally ruin the minigames they change by shoehorning things into them which aren't needed like they did with Castle Wars and over-complicate them.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Looks like I've got to go get 100 zeal. I'm getting me a baby Jad when it comes out! :thumbsup:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

New Livid Farm spells, including new teleports, access to new patches and the ability to add specific non-lunar spells to the Lunar Spellbook.

Livid farm? They cant be serious! I got 96-98 magic there.

And talking about incentives, most people with 9x magic just alch their way to 99 and doesnt bother to get the shield or group veng.

It is not because the reward sucks, it is because they rage quit after enduring the endless hours there and decided that they cant really stand it.

There are alot other mini games that can add rewards for incentives, ie: game room, cat pits, MA, BA, Conquest/PC

I hope they don't wreck Edge like they did Draynor. I can barely stand going there anymore with the blue tinge. The temple trecking update sounds good though, I may even do priest in peril to unlock the region for it.

Was I the only one hoping for a vinesweeper update though?

I will laugh when the Myerque quest is another 30-minute lolquest with an anticlimactic ending.

I'll just shake my head and lose all hope in jagex ever making a good quest again. But given jagex's recent track record there's always the off chance they'll spoil a promising update :mellow:

In my initial excitement, it hadn't occurred to me but now that it's been pointed out, I realize the futility in hoping the master RC robes will be available for F2P. I guess I'm just an optimist. :)

Unless they explicitly state "for all players" or "free to play and member alike" then basic rule of thumb is to assume it's members only.

Veteran's Cape anyone? <_<

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I hope they don't wreck Edge like they did Draynor. I can barely stand going there anymore with the blue tinge. The temple trecking update sounds good though, I may even do priest in peril to unlock the region for it.

realyl an update to vinesweeper. how on earth (besides rewards) could the update MINESSWEEPER?

any way vinesweeper is one of my favorite activi-games

but to be honest an update to the rewards would be nice maybe some tree seeds other then what they have.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

realyl an update to vinesweeper. how on earth (besides rewards) could the update MINESSWEEPER?

any way vinesweeper is one of my favorite activi-games

but to be honest an update to the rewards would be nice maybe some tree seeds other then what they have.

~~~legoman187~~~

Or make it a 1:2 ratio for points:xp. It's fun but it would be nice to have a decent benefit to playing it.

Right now: Everybody loves the idea of level 85 hybrid armour from minigames

Update time: 15 pages of flames when people realise they actually have to play the minigames to attain it

You forgot the part where they have to spend hours and hours if not days or gods forbid weeks to get all the rewards.

I will laugh when the Myerque quest is another 30-minute lolquest with an anticlimactic ending.

More like 15 minutes.

Veteran's Cape anyone? <_<

All the more reason to expect nothing. That way you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

All the more reason to expect nothing. That way you'll be pleasantly surprised.

THISSSSSSSSSSSSS

Even though Jagex sucks at many things, "selling their product" is not one of them. Jagex have great writers working to make the BTS seem very alluring as, after all, it serves as their main advertisement to keep people subscribed for that month.

Never get your hopes up for anything. The sooner you learn that lesson, a happier 'Scaper you will be. If you always expect crap from Jagex, then the worst that can happen is that they meet your expectations and you'll more often be pleasantly surprised. However, if you buy into their advertising, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

td2sig.jpg

I am excite.

I'm trying to decide if I should play some GOP or wait and see how much it'll be and if I wanna spend time getting the points for them.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Never get your hopes up for anything. The sooner you learn that lesson, a happier 'Scaper you will be. If you always expect crap from Jagex, then the worst that can happen is that they meet your expectations and you'll more often be pleasantly surprised. However, if you buy into their advertising, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

Wise words.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Yeahhh. I'm nervous every time Jagex makes a long-awaited sequel to a quest because it seems obvious that they put a new person on the quest and they seem more interested in just finishing off the storyline rather then continuiing it in the same vein in which it started. The only series I have confidence in is the Mahjarrat one - the elves might make good future quests and the new Vampire quest might be good.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I actually do appreciate the graphical upgrades, although I'm not saying I'd rather them than content updates.

There are many places in the game that are just downright ugly, which is to say they're not just relatively less appealing than new areas, but actual eyesores.

When they bring the entire game to a "standard" for graphics and animations the game might actually feel immersive...

2dgucz6.png

Am I the only one who thought the Myreque series so far was absolutely terrible? I really hope the next one is some 30 minute quest because going back and forth between dull-looking, repetitive, maze-like areas (mort myre swamp and Meiyerditch) was probably the worst thing I've done in this game

Am I the only one who thought the Myreque series so far was absolutely terrible? I really hope the next one is some 30 minute quest because going back and forth between dull-looking, repetitive, maze-like areas (mort myre swamp and Meiyerditch) was probably the worst thing I've done in this game

Hated every one. :P

If the rewards are decent I will do it though.