Refer a Friend Programme - 18 Aug 2011

PoorLepRecon

Let's make runescape a complete popularism contest shall we?

I do think the bonus for "new" members might be sustified: runescape has moved to game you need decent levels to start doing ANYTHING.

However with boosts to the original player it became a complete poplarity contest: those with most "friends" (not the quotations, many people think aquantances through facebook are friends) will get most boosts, and hence have a certain higher xp rate.

This will effectivelly be the same as allowing micro transactions.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>direct all hate at Mod Nexus

>Mod Nexus is suddenly the only employee at Jagex HQ

C'mon. The same thing happened yesterday when everyone was about to marry Mod Chris and have his babies.

It's [cabbage] like this, guys.

hzvjpwS.gif

C'mon. The same thing happened yesterday when everyone was about to marry Mod Chris and have his babies.

"Killing the messenger" at it's best.

What amuses me most is only now can Blyaunte claim Jagex has jumped the shark.

And has Jagex forgotten the social stigma attached to Runescape? I think the kids still scoff at other kids for playing this game.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Bit off-topic, but I would marry MCL and have his babies. :thumbsup:

jagerbluebt1.gif

I'm not concerned about the average player wanting more xp.

I really see no difference in how this equals botting. You pay to get xp faster? I don't know how Jagex can condone this without flat out saying, "Oh yeah, we like bots, in fact we encourage them to make more accounts so we can get more $$$"

Christyn.png

Yes, only now. The first time you posted that, it was much too soon.

Well -- to be honest -- I'm pretty sure they jumped the shark when they brought in the "revamped" smithing update ... :rolleyes:

EDIT: I see Logdotzip is gunning for the loyalty points instead of exp-boosters in the RSOF. Fingers crossed it succeeds.

Well - there's a problem with that idea -- namely: if they allot loyalty points for this, then they make the "Jack of Trades" aura more readily accessible, which is going to topple the applecart a lot more than this proposal ever will.

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

I really see no difference in how this equals botting. You pay to get xp faster? I don't know how Jagex can condone this without flat out saying, "Oh yeah, we like bots, in fact we encourage them to make more accounts so we can get more $$$"

Because botting involves a 3rd party client playing for you, while this doesn't.

Couldn't give a [cabbage] about this update. It's a nice incentive for people to refer others to play. It's not like only certain people can "Abuse it", everyone can. As Sly_Wizard said, more power to them. I won't be doing it - I'm not an XP [bleep] or anything like that.

I think the sooner people realise Jagex is a business and not a personal friend, the better. Profit's the aim.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Please tell me this is a joke. How greedy and pathetic can they get? What's next? Buy a membership, get a free Big Mac?

No, buy a Big Mac, get a free membership - owait. Jagex would never agree to a deal like that. -_-

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Because botting involves a 3rd party client playing for you, while this doesn't.

Ooh! Ooh! Maybe this is all part of Jagex's super-secret-mega-awesome-OMG-they're-gonna-catch-the-bots scheme?

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

Well, arguing when they jumped the shark isn't really what I'm getting at. Gaining enough - or overwhelming - evidence affecting gameplay to present that they did so would've lent solid weight to the claim.

For what it's worth, the artisan workshop pop-up in F2P still irks me.

EDIT: I see Logdotzip is gunning for the loyalty points instead of exp-boosters in the RSOF. Fingers crossed it succeeds.

Well - there's a problem with that idea -- namely: if they allot loyalty points for this, then they make the "jack of Trades" auara more readily accessible, which is going to topple the applecart a lot more than this proposal ever will.

:unsure:

Let it be accessible. They can always come up with more so-called loyalty rewards.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Anybody just noticed how much jagex is endorsing "bots" with this?

Bots can (for obvious reasons) have infinite "invites": they simply invite a new bot to the game.

So bots will now have a permanent +10% xp boost, and an initial very fast lv 30 in the skills they wish to bot for money.

Did any of the jagex mods realise this when making it? This is a great incentive for anybody to just run a main + a few bots who earn themself back.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Welcome to botscape? :shades:

I've mentioned numerous times that what Jagex may need to wake themselves up, is a group of people to finally say, "I'm mad a hell and I'm not going to take it anymore", and to finally start rioting about the whole botting debacle.

I wonder how long this riot will last? :unsure:

nyuseg.png

i think this is the first riot that i would actually join (if i still played)

oh well, the rioters were bound to riot about the right think atleast once

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

What new member will become a member within 14 days of joining, tell me, who?!?!?!?!?

[developmentally delayed]s

:thumbsup:

tomtiger11.png

RIP TET

Click here to go to School & Chat; An awsome forum!

Budding RuneScape Woodcutter | Budding I.R.C Expert | Former Whitewater Police Department Member (Wall Of Fame)

CO2 is bad, and so are bots.

99 Firemaking! 14/03