bots?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for 1 will likely not pay $30 extra just to get 10% increase for 5 weeks. I really don't mind what Jagex did here. an extra 10% in any skill hardly changes anything. At most a couple of extra hours of training. Big deal. You are all over reacting.

w4M8t.png

You know, I support Jagex in a lot of things they do. I didn't have a problem with Ornate Katanas, afterall, it's cosmetic only. I didn't have a problem with loyalty points, afterall, we all start out equally.

But this. This is disgusting. This honestly made me lose faith in them.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Welcome to botscape? :shades:

I've mentioned numerous times that what Jagex may need to wake themselves up, is a group of people to finally say, "I'm mad a hell and I'm not going to take it anymore", and to finally start rioting about the whole botting debacle.

I wonder how long this riot will last? :unsure:

The thing is though, you will take it. You won't be happy, but you'll take it. You're jagex's [bleep]. They can do so many bad things and allow them to continue, you won't quit, you're too dedicated to the game to quit now.

And that's why they get away with what any other entertainment company would be destroyed in seconds for, you can't simply boycott them, you're addicted.

I for 1 will likely not pay $30 extra just to get 10% increase for 5 weeks. I really don't mind what Jagex did here. an extra 10% in any skill hardly changes anything. At most a couple of extra hours of training. Big deal. You are all over reacting.

It takes roughly 1 hour for 20k summoning experience. If you wanted 99 (Which you could easly get in a day or two if you already had the charms.) then you'd save 1.3m experience with this. That's about 65 hours of collecting charms avoided, and about 5m worth of secondary ingredients saved.

99 herblore costs about 200m. With this boost you'd get it faster and for only 180m. Few hours and 20m saved.

Prayer is 150m. Another few hours and 15m saved.

You could easily get all of these in 2 weeks, earning you about 75 hours of gameplay and 40m for only £7. And those are only the useful skills.

CNqWHdA.jpg

You know, I support Jagex in a lot of things they do. I didn't have a problem with Ornate Katanas, afterall, it's cosmetic only. I didn't have a problem with loyalty points, afterall, we all start out equally.

But this. This is disgusting. This honestly made me lose faith in them.

Amen. I was tepid on the other actions because, perhaps, I thought they were just testing the waters. But this, this is a clear movement towards making their game more oriented towards profit than the game itself. I understand for a company to be feasible it must make a profit, but once you make maximizing your profit an objective for something such as a game, it loses the loyalty of consumers, etc. which would, in long term, make Runescape more of a boom than bust in terms of profit instead of steady revenue.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

The main problem is the message they are sending out now: as I said the bots have the biggest benefit from this (as a bot owner is more likely to start many accounts so to have lots of boosts/lv 30 asap boosts)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

This is genuinely pathetic. There is NO NEED FOR A NEW F2P PLAYER TO SUBSCRIBE WITHIN 2 WEEKS. You've barely scratched the surface of F2P... it's pointless and Jagex are simply pushing and pushing for new members.

How low can they get, really? How low... I'm shocked and appalled.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I'm not concerned about the average player wanting more xp.

I really see no difference in how this equals botting. You pay to get xp faster? I don't know how Jagex can condone this without flat out saying, "Oh yeah, we like bots, in fact we encourage them to make more accounts so we can get more $$$"

Because botting involves a 3rd party client playing for you, while this doesn't.

I would equate that 10% extra exp to the 3rd party client, as you're getting exp that you're paying for, not working for.

Albeit there's not a REAL 3rd party, but it is still a large advantage and as I already stated; you're paying for extra, easy EXP, which is in essence what botting/RWT is.

Anyone who glances at the update can see how closely it resembles paying for a bot.

Christyn.png

There's a riot in W66 Fally tele spot right now to protest it...

Screenshot:

wowdp.png

I lost it when I saw someone say "All girls who like horses PM me!"

Anyone who glances at the update can see how closely it resembles paying for a bot.

...Huh?

hzvjpwS.gif

Welcome to botscape? :shades:

I've mentioned numerous times that what Jagex may need to wake themselves up, is a group of people to finally say, "I'm mad a hell and I'm not going to take it anymore", and to finally start rioting about the whole botting debacle.

I wonder how long this riot will last? :unsure:

The thing is though, you will take it. You won't be happy, but you'll take it. You're jagex's [bleep]. They can do so many bad things and allow them to continue, you won't quit, you're too dedicated to the game to quit now.

And that's why they get away with what any other entertainment company would be destroyed in seconds for, you can't simply boycott them, you're addicted.

Now you're just depressing the hell out of me ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

It's annoying and disappointing but it's a logical move from Jagex's point of view, some people will genuinely refer friends for the xp boost and other will create accounts and spend their own money to get the xp boost. Either way Jagex makes money from this. I'm not in any way supportive of this, but they are a business and it does make business sense. It does make me wonder how far we actually away from being directly able to purchase xp boosts and such.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

The suits' bonus figures must be tied to new membership numbers. That's the only way I can figure it...

Sorry suits... no bacon for you.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

The suits’ bonus figures must be tied to new membership numbers. That’s the only way I can figure it...

If I was a betting woman -- and I am not -- I'd wager that you're not far from the truth here.

My own theory, which is mine, and what it is too, is along these lines, namely:

[bly's Theory]

The powers that be, i.e. those that currently own and operate Jagex, intend to sell "Runescape", in the not too distant future to a third party purchaser, and as a result, the more "active memberships" that the game maintains, the more "valuable" the game is in terms of final sale value.

[/bly's Theory]

That is my theory, and what it is too, and it's mine.

nyuseg.png

If I was a betting woman -- and I am not -- I'd wager that you're not far from the truth here.

[bly's Theory]

The powers that be, i.e. those that currently own and operate Jagex, intend to sell "Runescape", in the not too distant future to a third party purchaser, and as a result, the more "active memberships" that the game maintains, the more "valuable" the game is in terms of final sale value.[/bly's Theory]

Either way, have you any inkling of who the line-up of prospective buyers might be?

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

[bly's Theory]

The powers that be, i.e. those that currently own and operate Jagex, intend to sell "Runescape", in the not too distant future to a third party purchaser, and as a result, the more "active memberships" that the game maintains, the more "valuable" the game is in terms of final sale value.[/bly's Theory]

Either way, have you any inkling of who the line-up of prospective buyers might be?

Off-hand? No. I'm not close enough to the ground to know, for sure, who would be looking to this kind of purchase.

There's a fair number of game manufacturers -- not to mention media empires -- who are all chomping at the bit to own a "highly successful" MMORPG.

That said, I've been lobbing this theory out there since Jagex rigged set up the vote to return the Wildy and Free Trade into the game. All these little nudges and winks speak to me of an impending sale -- or at least a desire to sell -- of the Runescape franchise.

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

What's with spammers saying: "Any girls who like horses pm me"?

Noticed a spammer in a different spot saying that in that video made by the mod who got de-modded.

Everyone knows real men are hung like horses. If girls like horses they would LOVE him.

they should have made a max amount gained by the bonus.... now you can gather charms for a year, buy membership for a new acount, wola massive xp in no time :S

tbh its like jagax have not been thinking this threw at all :S

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

Please say this is a joke.

This will just end up as famous/rich/botters getting a perm x1.1 bonus.

Bet this applies to stats like summoning as well which is just sad, as well as prayer herblore etc.

If going for say 100m herblore xp, when does getting a new acc members for a x1.1 boost outweigh the cost of membership.

Thats 200m gp saved ...

Even for just 10m herblore xp you save 20m+

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]