Jiblix and Ken Genosis Demodded Over Speaking Out

pal2002

What's so shocking? That video looks just like those areas before free trade was removed TO COMBAT BOTS. Players begged to have free trade back, they got it. Oh, look! Surprise that the bots are back and more persistent on free worlds, right?!

As for him being removed, big shocker. If one of Tip.It's mods went off on rants about administration, they'd be removed as well.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Jiblix's video last night it's an extremely well-made and effectively messaged piece and he has a point: Jagex doesn't deserve any awards this year.

Isn't his point exactly the same as everybody elses though? we all know there are bots, we all know what they have done this year as a developer.

Since they released free trade they're still playing catch up to the side effects.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I watched Jiblix's video last night it's an extremely well-made and effectively messaged piece and he has a point: Jagex doesn't deserve any awards this year.

Isn't his point exactly the same as everybody elses though? we all know there are bots, we all know what they have done this year as a developer.

Since they released free trade they're still playing catch up to the side effects.

I would do nothing short than laugh at loud at people treating this like breaking news.

Wake the [bleep] up people. You have been reading these forums for months and seen countless bot-related topics. Someone created a video (WOW, A DIFFERENT MEDIUM, WHOOSH) and it's suddenly a ground-breaking discovery.

Sheep.

And exactly as Barihawk stated: "As for him being removed, big shocker. If one of Tip.It's mods went off on rants about administration, they'd be removed as well.".

What the hell would you expect? You don't offer someone a position and expect them to throw it in your face and get away with it. I know I'd do the same.

I pity all of you moaning, I really do.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

No actually his point is that, given the current (deplorable) state of the game and Jagex's unwillingness and/or inability to correct it they do not deserve to be supported by their community and given "awards" in particular the "People's Gaming Award" for "best game" or any other similar recognition.

nyuseg.png

I watched Jiblix's video last night – it's an extremely well-made and effectively messaged piece – and he has a point: Jagex doesn't deserve any awards this year.

No actually – his point is that, given the current (deplorable) state of the game and Jagex's unwillingness and/or inability to correct it – they do not deserve to be supported by their community and given "awards" – in particular the "People's Gaming Award" for "best game" or any other similar recognition.

But it's all opinion. What has happened over the past few months in some peoples opinions really shouldn't "destroy" what was created by them over the past 10 years.

That's judging a book by its cover, and if that's all you're capable of... LOL.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

There may have been more to him being demodded than meets the eye, you will never know. It's between him and Jagex.

There wasn't and it isn't.

If we are going to be punished for videos we upload to youtube, we deserve to know beforehand.

I would do nothing short than laugh at loud at people treating this like breaking news.

Wake the [bleep] up people. You have been reading these forums for months and seen countless bot-related topics. Someone created a video (WOW, A DIFFERENT MEDIUM, WHOOSH) and it's suddenly a ground-breaking discovery.

Sheep.

And exactly as Barihawk stated: "As for him being removed, big shocker. If one of Tip.It's mods went off on rants about administration, they'd be removed as well.".

What the hell would you expect? You don't offer someone a position and expect them to throw it in your face and get away with it. I know I'd do the same.

I pity all of you moaning, I really do.

While the video or medium are nothing to treat like ground-breaking, the fact that it was being done by a forum mod made it stand out ever so slightly more, and the demodding of him afterwards was really what drew the most attention to this, after it was publicised more widely. I mean, no one (on the RSOF) really cares about the bot videos being made by tons of other players, but to have one being made by a forum mod (GREEN OMG) who subsequently has his rank stripped of him gives these guys a lot of fodder to discuss, never mind the reasoning or logic behind the demodding.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

In a way, I find it utterly stupid on Jagex's part. Had they allowed the video to exist, not taken any action and just "let it slide", the whole farce would have died pretty quickly, just like all the other anti-bot videos. But because they made such a big deal of it in an open environment, it's given the video exactly the momentum it was lacking.

Rule #1 of crowd control is to reduce the ante, not raise it.

There may have been more to him being demodded than meets the eye, you will never know. It's between him and Jagex.

There wasn't and it isn't.

If we are going to be punished for videos we upload to youtube, we deserve to know beforehand.

I don't think you know the same person I knew.

Cheers.

While the video or medium are nothing to treat like ground-breaking, the fact that it was being done by a forum mod made it stand out ever so slightly more, and the demodding of him afterwards was really what drew the most attention to this, after it was publicised more widely. I mean, no one (on the RSOF) really cares about the bot videos being made by tons of other players, but to have one being made by a forum mod (GREEN OMG) who subsequently has his rank stripped of him gives these guys a lot of fodder to discuss, never mind the reasoning or logic behind the demodding.

Yes it gives them something to discuss, but if you look at it closely most of the people taking part in this actually have no idea what they're ranting about. NOT A CLUE. Most people don't even know him or the lengths he went through to get where he was.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Yes it gives them something to discuss, but if you look at it closely most of the people taking part in this actually have no idea what they're ranting about. NOT A CLUE. Most people don't even know him or the lengths he went through to get where he was.

I've had a talk and I think I know where you're coming from now.

I guess the main point of this incident is that to those not informed, Jagex looks like it made a really bad PR move. I mean, you'd think they'd plan their moves better if they know what kind of person they're dealing with.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I've had a talk and I think I know where you're coming from now.

I guess the main point of this incident is that to those not informed, Jagex looks like it made a really bad PR move. I mean, you'd think they'd plan their moves better if they know what kind of person they're dealing with.

That's another funny thing about this, though. A multi-million pound company shouldn't have to tip-toe around one single player. If anythings taken from this, it's that people are so easily led to believe something. All it takes is some pretty pictures and video.

Do you lot know if you say gullible ten times fast it sounds like oranges?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

If you're getting every bit as hysterical as the misinformed people does that make you any better than the people you're upset with?

hzvjpwS.gif

If you're getting every bit as hysterical as the misinformed people does that make you any better than the people you're upset with?

I'm getting hysterical, or simply trying to inform and correct?

I'm not willing to get into an argument with you, we all know where they go.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I got reprimanded by a J Mod recently over a forum post I made concerning Jiblix (no mute or anything, just my post removed and inbox message). They really are handling this in a peculiar way. It's like Jiblix is public enemy no.1 to Jagex.

Not really, if you flame a player or name them in a bad light on RSOF or even on here you get a message to remind you about your posts.

Jiblix is just 1 player of a million subscribes he's not any different from anybody else, it's people who are making him seem like his ability of turning water to wine has changed to water into whine.

pun-intended

If you name a forum mods name on RSOF for example your post will be hidden, it doesn't matter who you name it will come to the same outcome.

It's focusing on a COMMUNITY not one player, like this topic is "Jiblix Demodding", if the topic was titled "Demodding" it would be more appropriate to discussion.

The thing was I didn't flame him or anything like that. I just happened to mention his name casually.

Yes, and bringing up a players name without their permission can be seen as black listing. It would probably also depend on where you posted this, it could be in a thread regarding his position which is entirely between Jagex and him.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Maybe a little less condescension next time.

No actually – his point is that, given the current (deplorable) state of the game and Jagex's unwillingness and/or inability to correct it – they do not deserve to be supported by their community and given "awards" – in particular the "People's Gaming Award" for "best game" or any other similar recognition.

Surely such a point could be made without making this defunked Forum Mod who, honestly, doesn't deserve this level of fanatical attention.

hzvjpwS.gif

For someone who loved and thrived in attention, becoming a "martyr" is hardly surprising. Nothing more enjoyable than to be talked about gaining even more fame and notoriety. You have to admit, he has put an uncomfortable focus on botting and whether Jagex deserves the Golden Joystick this time around while getting his kicks from the whole thing.

League of Legends is huge. Chances are they will win this year.

As of July 2011, League of Legends had over 15 million registrations and averages more than 1 million players per day, with the number of concurrent users online at any given time peaking at 500,000+

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Legends#Reception

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

It reads more likely that you're here to misdirect and obfuscate -- really.

Nobody's said that anything about what Jiblix has done as "groundbreaking" or "illuminating" -- the point is that one of the "faithful" has taken a stance about botting -- made further commentary about it -- and, as a result, has been defrocked.

Just because you've got personal issues with Jiblix, it doesn't mean his point wasn't well-made.

nyuseg.png

Even without all this Jiblix mumbo-jumbo, I would have voted for LoL anywho.

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

It reads more likely that you're here to misdirect and obfuscate -- really.

Nobody's said that anything about what Jiblix has done as "groundbreaking" or "illuminating" -- the point is that one of the "faithful" has taken a stance about botting -- made further commentary about it -- and, as a result, has been defrocked.

Just because you've got personal issues with Jiblix, it doesn't mean his point wasn't well-made.

It wasn't well made. If I wanted to see bots I could do it myself. There's nothing new, at all. And there's other people saying that he's after "Uncovering the truth" and Jagex have been trying to "Cover up" the bot problem. How [bleep]ing stupid can some people be, seriously? And then for the attitudes of people like you. Jiblix is nothing but an attention [bleep]. He did it until he became a Moderator, and obviously the attention he was receiving must have died down so he needed to relight that fire.

As BioIce said: "For someone who loved and thrived in attention, becoming a "martyr" is hardly surprising. Nothing more enjoyable than to be talked about gaining even more fame and notoriety. You have to admit, he has put an uncomfortable focus on botting and whether Jagex deserves the Golden Joystick this time around while getting his kicks from the whole thing."

This isn't a personal problem, this is actually knowing what's going on - knowing what you don't know, Blyaunte. I'm not mis-directing at all. People are taking this case as if he's a good guy and is suddenly being punished... When that couldn't be further from it.

RIP Michaelangelopolous