Jiblix and Ken Genosis Demodded Over Speaking Out

pal2002

Besides, the Tip.it Times is critical enough of Jagex tbh lol.

Can you really blame us? Jagex don't give us much to write home about.

God no! I know I've aggrivated a lot of users with my borderline whining posting...But they're truly so upsetting, that it's hard not to. Luckily a good forum user helped me get over my bump when the Ornate Katana sprung up. I'm upset, yeah, but I'm trying very hard not to be another entitled 'scaper :P

But damn do they make it hard. I had to choke back a big "TOLD YOU SO" victory dance when the Refer a Friend thing came out...

hzvjpwS.gif

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jiblix, tell them they can't fire you, you quit!

Then come to TIF. You could probably get modship here quickly. You have a good reputation.

That's not how it works my friend,

If he acts the same way here he did on there, he'd be very popular.

Popularity =/= modship.

He'd be popular in a number of ways for a number of reasons. This would lead to him being offered a mod position. Add to that a good repuatation as well as some good old fashion name recognition value and TIF would benefit from his presence here.

That is how he'd get modship. Like along the lines of how quickly Racheya or Ezkaton got theirs.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

Yeah, no, that's not how the process works. Take it from somebody who has been through it :).

Then come to TIF. You could probably get modship here quickly. You have a good reputation.

He's right. He may have a good rep from the RS community, but not the TIF community. There are OTers who will probably not know who

the heck Jib is. If he want's a modship here, he need's to work up that status just like the rest of us.

If he acts the same way here he did on there, he'd be very popular.

No he won't. It's like the old saying "You can't win them all." He may have opinions others may not like

and there may be people who think he is crazy, stupid, dumb, whatever. It would be really unfair if all he had to do

was sign in to become a mod here, even when he just first visited this site. Then people who don't like him or especially

don't know him will probably think TIF is catering to the "populars" which puts a very bad mark on pretty much

anything.

Popularity is fine and all, but it will not get you guarantee you a job, volunteer or paid.

Popularity is fine and all, but it will not get you guarantee you a job, volunteer or paid.

Since he has a job here, could you guys start paying Will H then? He still can't support me and our love child.

will-1.jpg

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

beating-a-dead-horse.jpg

I'm not just sayin' but I'm just sayin'.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I think you missed the point of the reference.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Beating a dead horse. We get it.

Also, does anyone know how you can see how many votes each game has?

Some of these awards are already decided on before voting even occurs. You have to accept a nomination for legal reasons, so there's definitely PR work behind the scenes. It's quite common in music awards. I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers are never actually revealed.

Beating a dead horse. We get it.

Also, does anyone know how you can see how many votes each game has?

I've heard from random people saying that Runescape currently has the most votes. Not exactly sure how they know that but although as skeptical as that may sound, there are ways to take advantage of the system and vote as many times as you want....And so, this is where the fat lady sings.

there are ways to take advantage of the system and vote as many times as you want....

Yeah, like get bots to auto-vote millions of times for your game :) Bots at least are plentiful, the little grey cells unfortunately are not.

Jib has been extremely critical of Jagex over a long period of time, he himself has contributed to or posted critical threads on the RSOF. I have supported all of these, and think he has always had good intentions. However, if he doesn't support the company he was volunteering for, I don't know why he didn't retire of his own accord far earlier. In any case, there are more layers to this story than the now viral vid.

I don't know why he didn't retire of his own accord far earlier.

Maybe because only by having the "benefits" he had could he actually help with the problems to some degree? Everybody knows that Jagex doesn't read reports.

And he doesn't have to like or agree with Jagex to hold a position for helping people, the community, and the game itself.

09144a99bb.png

And he doesn't have to like or agree with Jagex to hold a position for helping people, the community, and the game itself.

... which brings us to the gist of the problem. Whilst according to you - and many others, self included - he doesn't HAVE to agree with Jagex apparently they feel he DOES. Everywhere. Always.

They would've been better off ignoring the video rather than drawing further attention to it by their action.

... which brings us to the gist of the problem. Whilst according to you - and many others, self included - he doesn't HAVE to agree with Jagex apparently they feel he DOES. Everywhere. Always.

They would've been better off ignoring the video rather than drawing further attention to it by their action.

That is the great irony involved here.

It bears mentioning that Jagex may not have demodded him for the video, it might have been something else. Or he might have requested to be demodded. Fact was that it occurred in such a short timeframe after the video was posted that people associated one with the other, thereby making him a martyr. The video is now viral and overall this is a PR nightmare for Jagex. If they had just let the video be, it wouldn't have garnished that much attention.

td2sig.jpg

If they had just let the video be, it wouldn't have garnished that much attention.

Even if they let the video be, if they had still demodded Jib, it would have still gone viral. It's too easy to draw the conclusion that he was demodded for being outspoken, especially if the details can't be disclosed. Yet that can't be a reason to not take action.

hzvjpwS.gif

Actually, I believe he said he was demodded for encouraging people not to vote for Runescape as the best f2p game; not specifically for the video painting Runescape in a bad light. Either way, it doesn't matter. It's Jagex's game and Jagex demodding mods for doing things Jagex doesn't like isn't anything new.

That is the great irony involved here.

It bears mentioning that Jagex may not have demodded him for the video, it might have been something else. Or he might have requested to be demodded. Fact was that it occurred in such a short timeframe after the video was posted that people associated one with the other, thereby making him a martyr. The video is now viral and overall this is a PR nightmare for Jagex. If they had just let the video be, it wouldn't have garnished that much attention.

Exactly. Unfortunately it seems Jagex is being run by mostly aggressive go-getters type business people who wouldn't stop to think about those sorts of ramifications. I've seen the same shortcomings within the company for awhile, especially surrounding all these bonus experience gimmicks. They'll eventually drive the company into the ground with cheap tricks and a lack of useful game content. The only reason the company didn't crash and burn years ago is because the product is unique. The current Jagex has very little to do with keeping players in the game, or even attracting new ones.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png