Jiblix and Ken Genosis Demodded Over Speaking Out

pal2002

yes, they claimed visual content, which to be fair is theres, but not only have i been given explicit permission from them before to upload, but they only did it on the video s***ttalking their program, not any of my others

Voice your opinions without showing any Runescape related footage. What could they do then? Call copyright on your opinion of their game? I think not..

99 attack-34,104th to 99 attack.

spirittrack.png

A_Spirit_God.png

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoting the top comment on the video atm

What you guys need to know is: Jagex is now controlled by Big Buisiness Tycoons and Investors. The Gower brothers and the veterans at Jagex no longer control the company.

As a matter of fact, a HUGE majority of Jagex, including Mod MMG himself, hate what Runescape, their once beloved game, has become. ( a big marketing ploy). The sad thing is, if members of Jagex cant even persuade their executives to stop destroying Runescape, What chance to we have?

idk how much truth there is to this, but certainly is something that I will think about...

It is true that Jagex is now controlled by a board of directors. This was in the news earlier this year http://www.jagex.com/corporate/Press/releaseInvestment.ws and elsewhere. I remember reading somewhere that control of the company was signed over to this board of directors by the Gower brothers and seeing copies of those papers. I can't for the life of me remember where I saw those.

Wikipedia does, however, have this line:

In December 2010 The Raine Group and Spectrum Equity Investors invested in Jagex, while Insight Venture Partners increased their investment.[8] Andrew Gower, Paul Gower and Constant Tedder left the board of directors at that time. Though Andrew Gower is currently listed as Jagex's principal architect,[17] it is unclear how involved he, his brother, and Tedder still are in the management of Jagex.

Also I found the following article while trying to find some more news posts about the investment:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/36540/Jagex_Developers_Need_To_Understand_The_DNA_Of_Sociability.php

I was particularly intrigued by this line:

"Until a year ago, everything we'd done was organic, viral growth. We didn't have a marketing team. Our players build the company, our players built the community."

Now why would RuneScape suddenly need a marketing team after so long?

More on topic, school is coming up again for me soon anyways so I canceled my subscription. I wasn't going to but after this crap I can definitely live without it while classes are in session if only to help send a message.

1.png
generic_signature.png

To be honest I've never had any intention of voting at all, actually. Unless you've given all of the games a fair crack by playing them you can't give a reasonable opinion. Anything else is either fandom or ignorance.

Anything else is at least a vote against Jagex. I would hate to see them win best F2P mmorpg when F2P isn't even playable at this point.

It's an honest vote against Jagex yes, but is it an honest vote for the game being voted upon?

I'd say so. I played at least a game or two in every category except sports, where I didn't vote. Every game I voted for I also thought worthy of my vote. Bejeweled 3 is certainly better than RS, and it's a more deserving winner.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I don't see it possible that the threat of bots ruining the game can or will ever be removed, as it is too substantial..Think about it, we ban them, they make more.

Itiessi.png

Returned to Runescape June 2011 after a 3 year break :)

I don't see it possible that the threat of bots ruining the game can or will ever be removed, as it is too substantial..Think about it, we ban them, they make more.

Which is why Jagex tries to go after the bot makers directly. But it's pretty clear with what happened with [popular old bot maker] that all they need to do is make a new site and rename a few scripts until they can go on as usual.

It's an honest vote against Jagex yes, but is it an honest vote for the game being voted upon?

The other times Jagex won the joystick was never honest. They cloaked P2P as "best" free Popular MMO. When advertising for Runescape they used membership content artwork. And REALITY is that F2P is very boring and tedious grinding.

And REALITY is that F2P is very boring and tedious grinding.

P2P is just F2P with more crap. At the end of the day, that 'more crap' is equally tedious and grinding regardless of how much you pay.

Only difference is some people happen to enjoy that, which is probably why they won the Golden Joystick.

hzvjpwS.gif

...they pick and choose which ones to tell youtube to cease and desist, I think that's wrong, it's either all okay or none of it is.

This. Censorship is bad, but selective censorship is even worse and does nothing but make them look hypocritical.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

And REALITY is that F2P is very boring and tedious grinding.

P2P is just F2P with more crap. At the end of the day, that 'more crap' is equally tedious and grinding regardless of how much you pay.

Only difference is some people happen to enjoy that, which is probably why they won the Golden Joystick.

To be fair, we do get some 'ungrindable' things chucked in. A few minigames (Barbarian Assault, particularly the defender and healer roles spring to mind), dungeoneering, more complex PvP, MHing. I'm not suggesting they form the lionshare of P2P-exclusive content but it's better than nothing.

The fact is RS is a grindfest. P2P RS is a much bigger grindfest, with just enough diversions to make it all seem worth it.

[hide=Anti-spam]

Quoting the top comment on the video atm

What you guys need to know is: Jagex is now controlled by Big Buisiness Tycoons and Investors. The Gower brothers and the veterans at Jagex no longer control the company.

As a matter of fact, a HUGE majority of Jagex, including Mod MMG himself, hate what Runescape, their once beloved game, has become. ( a big marketing ploy). The sad thing is, if members of Jagex cant even persuade their executives to stop destroying Runescape, What chance to we have?

idk how much truth there is to this, but certainly is something that I will think about...

It is true that Jagex is now controlled by a board of directors. This was in the news earlier this year http://www.jagex.com/corporate/Press/releaseInvestment.ws and elsewhere. I remember reading somewhere that control of the company was signed over to this board of directors by the Gower brothers and seeing copies of those papers. I can't for the life of me remember where I saw those.

Wikipedia does, however, have this line:

In December 2010 The Raine Group and Spectrum Equity Investors invested in Jagex, while Insight Venture Partners increased their investment.[8] Andrew Gower, Paul Gower and Constant Tedder left the board of directors at that time. Though Andrew Gower is currently listed as Jagex's principal architect,[17] it is unclear how involved he, his brother, and Tedder still are in the management of Jagex.

Also I found the following article while trying to find some more news posts about the investment:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/36540/Jagex_Developers_Need_To_Understand_The_DNA_Of_Sociability.php[/hide]

I was particularly intrigued by this line:

"Until a year ago, everything we'd done was organic, viral growth. We didn't have a marketing team. Our players build the company, our players built the community."

Now why would RuneScape suddenly need a marketing team after so long?

More on topic, school is coming up again for me soon anyways so I canceled my subscription. I wasn't going to but after this crap I can definitely live without it while classes are in session if only to help send a message.

I agree with this.

If my Crew duties didn't require me to have membership, I would have unsubscribed also. My distaste for Jagex does not weigh heavier than my wish to help the community, but I did go and vote for Bejewelled 3 while I was at it.

Normally I wouldn't have bothered to vote for any game because I don't give half a rat's behind about the prices, but I felt the need this time.

What I found amusing though, is that the trailer they provided has absolutely nothing to do with RuneScape. Why is beyond me.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I agree with first line, but i still do not agree F2P is the reason why they win Golden Joystick. Pathetic requests to fans to vote for them and cloaking P2P as F2P is the reason.

What I found amusing though, is that the trailer they provided has absolutely nothing to do with RuneScape. Why is beyond me.

Because marketing has nothing to do with the truth.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Because marketing has nothing to do with the truth.

Yet upon visiting RuneScape.com for the first time a potential player gets to see this trailer, and may start playing the game because of the impression the trailer gave. They'd log into a game that is entirely different from the trailer. Even when ignoring the massive amounts of advert bots they would encouter within seconds of leaving the turtorial, this wouldn't be very effective in keeping said potential player.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I smirked upon reading that. Sadly I do, but I also remember the atrocious reviews which accompanied it. It would be interesting to see a more modern review of RuneScape (within the past two years) to see whether appearances really are flattering to deceive or whether the ad-bots provide a shattering first impression.

I smirked upon reading that. Sadly I do, but I also remember the atrocious reviews which accompanied it. It would be interesting to see a more modern review of RuneScape (within the past two years) to see whether appearances really are flattering to deceive or whether the ad-bots provide a shattering first impression.

If RS were newly released in its current incarnation in 2011, it'd flop quicker than you'd believe. It only became successful in 2001 because it was a bit like a 90s game, and by the standards of the time it wasn't too far behind.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Dec 10th, 2007. The Day RS Died.

Why? The changes made around that time showed that Jagex still actually cared for the game and its players. I know what they did was pretty drastic, but over time they improved things a little and most of us got used to it.

I think undoing those changes was a poorer decision in all honesty.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Dec 10th, 2007. The Day RS Died.

Why? The changes made around that time showed that Jagex still actually cared for the game and its players. I know what they did was pretty drastic, but over time they improved things a little and most of us got used to it.

I think undoing those changes was a poorer decision in all honesty.

It WAS. For goodness sake, it's people who just don't know when to move on and want to complain that their game is ruined because it's changed so much that they don't want to even play. That is exactly why I voted "no" for free trading. To prevent RWT, >>massive<< bots, and scamming. All three, our most common enemies between Jagex and players alike.

I dont regret voting to bring the wilderness back but at the time myself, like many other shortminded players didnt pause to think about bots, rwt, or some of us who still had faith in Jagex thought to ourselves, "hey, they probably got a plan for this!" We were all focused on "OMFG WILDZORZ COMING BACK HURRAH"

What fools we all were.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png