Jiblix and Ken Genosis Demodded Over Speaking Out

pal2002

@God_Himself

:DD

Seriously. Someone should go do that.

At this point I bet there are bots made by botters to vote the game up...

I really hope there is enough community support to pull this anti-vote off. Maybe I should go rally some LoL ppl to vote for their game...

Seriously! Jagex has got some nerve to claim themselves to be the best free MMO this year - what a load of BS.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex just stopped caring a long time ago.

Enjoy the game while it's still up and running. They'll run it into the ground eventually.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

I could careless about Golden Joystick. But guess what I voted for?

[hide]Best Free-to-play: CityVille. I did it for the lulz[/hide]

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

The inclusion of a Bejewelled-esque puzzle in yesterday's new quest did amuse me a little bit. Granted, it wasn't the actual Bejewelled game that's been nominated, but the award is meant for the developers behind the games, and from where I'm sitting, Jagex just blatently ripped it off.

if rs doesnt win we wont get a new emote for the golden hammer ffs.

think about what you're voting against please.

Pure brilliance. I actually had nice chuckle "irl".

Just voted for some random soccer game as it's the only thing I recognized. Plus a vote NOT for Jagex is a vote well spent no matter what.

The end is Nigh...

It's depressing. I don't think the player's voting or not voting for jagex in the joystick awards will impact anything

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

The end is Nigh...

It's depressing. I don't think the player's voting or not voting for jagex in the joystick awards will impact anything

If they win, their heads will just swell even bigger and they will care less seeing as people will still vote for them regardless of how crappy they run their game.

A lot of people's reactions here are laughable.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I personally think this is sick...I remember before the first update (the one where they limited the trade), and there were not even CLOSE to as many of these bots or auto typers..now it's just in Free to Play that's all it is. That should be the version of the game that will keep new players hooked, but with the amount of money they are receiving for the botters for membership..hell I don't think it matters anymore.

Jagex needs to be burnt to the ground and be rebuilt with people who actually give a [cabbage].

Turnpikes.png

After reading the jiblix Interview on tip.it times, I have renewed faith in the community.

I am also enlightened by jiblix pointing out that his video, however a thorn in jagex's eyes, never told anyone to vote one way or another, the choice is still yours, just that you will be better informed. Compare that to jagex's vote for us because we have so many bots players...and to my shame, my own thread, even though I am calling out jagex for their censorship and anti democratic behavior.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bump and updates

read jiblix's "last thread" on RSOF

http://[use Quick Find Code]/c=Aq9ahb-H-zQ/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?14,15,91,63187595

Quick find code: 14-15-91-63187595

An inspirational quote for jiblix

I just want to say I'm so proud of you. I didn't realise what was going on while I've been away. Clare told me about their decision...tbh I think this is showing EXACTLY why you were given a crown in the first place; you really care about the community & the game. You gave many anonymous people a voice. Jagex tried to save face, by doing the only thing they knew; pushing people away that were the most loyal. More decent people will continue leaving... You are my greatest memory of this game.

MMG's response letter to jiblix's thead

Guys, reading this thread is heart breaking given it really couldnt be further from the reality. Firstly no offence intended to anyone, Nicole included The fact that everyone is so passionate about this game tells me that you care about it just as much as I do, so we clearly all want the same thing which is to see it successful. (Of course if you hate to see RuneScape continue to grow or Jagex remain a success then I expect there is nothing I can say that will change that)

My point to Nicole about you dont have a clue about whats going on @ Jagex/RuneScape was nothing to do with her length of play time or that I was dismissive of her anger/resentment, but instead I believe she has no idea what our motivations truly are or how tirelessly the entire team are working to turn RuneScape round, how dedicated we are working to improve our game, service, etc, etc and that is distressing. (Of course in all fairness how could she know as we dont talk publically about everything we are doing or ask everyone to high-five us because we are doing the right things, we just diligently get on with what needs to be done for the good of the game, community, company)

I was deeply sadden by the insinuation that everything we are currently doing to fix and grow the game again is being cynically interpreted as some sort of evil capitalistic plot, the reality was removing the wilderness hurt the game more than it could ever have hoped to fix it, naturally we only know that in hindsight but is it worse to just leave it as it is because we might upset some people that like it or should we do what is best for the game over I honestly did*t know the right answer so thats why I asked all the players to vote and the vast majority could not have been clearer as to what they wanted.

So free trade/wilderness is back warts and all, and the entire team are working tirelessly on dealing with the additional issues that created. Of course I understand that if 92% are in favour, 3% dont mind either way, that there is still 5% that will vehemently hate it, I expect rightfully or wrongfully that this thread is largely about the 5% that hate it. As much as we try we simply cant please everyone, especially when dealing with tens of millions of players at any given time, I just hope that 12 months from now the former 5% will look back at what weve done over the course of this year and actually say cool the game is far better now on reflection.

The financial cost to Jagex of bringing back the wilderness has been massive, literally we have thousands more support tickets to deal with per day, spending a fortune on bot busting and shutting down gold farmers, credit card fraud, increased headcount across most teams, etc, etc, so bringing back the Wilderness was not either a easy nor *cheap option I can assure everyone.

To bluntly put you brought the wilderness back because you wanted to make more money couldnt be more laughable if you actually knew what effort and resources are going into supporting it!

However, should we be apologetic if Jagex did make some money at the end of the day, well in truth if we did*t make any money we simply would be able to continue to host, develop or support RuneScape, nor could we invest in hiring and developing the best creative and engineering talent in the industry and lastly if we did*t have the financial resources we simply couldnt continue to develop even more compelling games for our players in the future.

If you guys want to flame me for bringing back free trade/Wildy I fully accept that and I will stand by my decision following the overwhelming player support flame away.

However, If you seriously want to draw into question either my (or the rest of Jagexs team) love for this game, community or our dedication to continue to make RuneScape better, grow the community and make Jagex more successful overall as a consequence that would be completely unfair.

Cheers,

Mark"

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

So MMG leaves us with two scenarios we can believe in..

1. He's telling the truth and Jagex actually cares about the future of the game as opposed to short term profits.

Jagex is grossly incompetent at predicting the future. A significant number of people (including on these forums) told them that exactly this would happen, but they went on with it. Also, their super bot-detecting systems didn't work.

Jagex is grossly incompetent at detecting/removing bots. No elaboration required.

Jagex is grossly incompetent at deciding where to spend their money. If they're "spending a fortune" on combating RWT, the results tell me they're doing something very wrong.

Jagex is grossly incompetent at consistency. "We hate bots" and permabans are consistent. "We hate bots" is not consistent with "We'll punish a negligible number of bots, and then give them temp bans with some stats rolled back so they can be botted back up".

Jagex is grossly incompetent at PR. The existence of this thread attests to this.

2. He's lying through his teeth. Short-term profits are now the priority. They are acting according to the shareholders' wishes (as any company does).

Apparently, it's working.

Castle of Zoltar

MMG's response is just sickening. Anyone with half a brain can see that Jagex are not dealing with the bot/RWT issue effectively. If the Wildy/Free Trade referendum was re-released, I bet the "NO" voters will be at least 50%.

Jagex seems to have lost any former wisdom it may have had in deciding what is best for the game/community.

Unfortunately, these methods are reactive find a problem then solve it and if we just react, we'll always be chipping away at a larger problem. Even if we spent every penny we earn on staff and systems to ban bots which would mean no game updates gold-sellers would still massively outnumber us. Mod Hobagoly says, "Every time we double our efforts, gold-sellers quadruple theirs. We can't continue only using our current methods, throwing more and more resources at it." The only way we can win is to be proactive and take the fight to them.
What they're doing against bots currently is EXACTLY what they wanted to avoid doing when Jagex removed FT. Jagex knows they can't win this way, so why are they doing it?

source:http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/diary06

93959819.png

Leaaf.png

Well I know for a fact that Mark (O, not MMG) never wanted the Wilderness to go and fought long and hard for it to come back, so I'm not entirely sure what role MMG had in it all, all I know is Mark once told me he was fighting a losing battle (same with the re-opening of Classic) so I'm not entirely sure how or why they reached a decision to do both.

If Jiblix worded it like "please do something about bots Jagex" or "show us you're worthy of winning the award", instead of "you don't deserve to win" (or something like that), I wonder if Jiblix would de-modded or at least if things would've turned out differently.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

That post doesn't look like a response MMG made to that particular thread. It looks like an older response to another thread he made sometime last year. Let's not mislead the folks here, shall we? ;)

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

it makes me question the intelligence of runescapes players if they truly believe jagex is only interested in short-term profit. Yes, jagex is a company that is focused on profits. Key word being company. They are not a non profit organization. It costs money to pay employees, to run servers, to host events, to pay for the buildings utilities etc. The more Runescape expands, the more money is needed to keep Runescape running, the more money Jagex needs. If you don't like a certain update, don't do it. If your training spot is invaded by bots, find a new one. If you truly are sick of RS and believe it will never bounce back, then quit. Jiblix was de-modded for a reason, and a damn good one. No CEO wants to hear about an employee shining negative light on their own company. I don't go to work and talk about how this and that is wrong. Obviously the company is aware of the bots, you don't think the 100 threads that appear on the RSOF make an impact? It takes time to fix things, it cost money to implement new technology. Muting spam bots is pointless since they will be back in 5 minutes. It is a waste of resources to have a Jmod sit at the GE in every world and ban bots. Jagex is going after the main source of botting - the websites. Theres nearly 200k+ accounts logged in at anytime, that's a lot of people to keep track of. Jagex offers worlds for x-amount of QP and Skill total, play in those and you won't see the endless amount of level 3 spam bots or accounts with only 1 level 99 botting a spot.