Jiblix and Ken Genosis Demodded Over Speaking Out

pal2002

Actually, I believe he said he was demodded for encouraging people not to vote for Runescape as the best f2p game; not specifically for the video painting Runescape in a bad light. Either way, it doesn't matter. It's Jagex's game and Jagex demodding mods for doing things Jagex doesn't like isn't anything new.

But he didn't. He simply said he thought they didn't deserve to win this year. He never encouraged anyone to do anything, just gave his opinion.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they had just let the video be, it wouldn't have garnished that much attention.

Even if they let the video be, if they had still demodded Jib, it would have still gone viral. It's too easy to draw the conclusion that he was demodded for being outspoken, especially if the details can't be disclosed. Yet that can't be a reason to not take action.

I meant if they had not taken any action against Jimblex. The video would not have garnished nearly as much attention if they had not demodded him.

td2sig.jpg

Exactly. Unfortunately it seems Jagex is being run by mostly aggressive go-getters type business people who wouldn't stop to think about those sorts of ramifications.

Say you're running a clan in runescape. You're the leader, and you have to look out for the well-being of the clan. You just find out that your official was going around badmouthing the clan, fellow community members. Your official is supposed to be a rolemodel and help you keep it together because honestly, one person can't run the whole damn thing by themselves. You later find out that he's been flaming other clans and hurting the reputation of your own. It causes a decline in recruits, which is deadly. You talk to him, try to solve it diplomatically. You don't want a big stink. He's popular with some key members, and action against him could hurt more than it could help. Finally the last straw comes when you find out that he just scammed a clanmate. Action HAS to be taken. Despite his popularity and the drama it causes, you can't let something like that continue. You kick him. They accuse you of getting rid of your 'competition' because everyone knows he was active enough to be a leader, and he was a good fall-in leader. It doesn't matter that you were trying to protect members and the image of the clan, because they'll blame the stupidity of the clanmate who was scammed. It doesn't matter that your now ex-official was hurting the clan image, because he was flaming rival clans that no one liked anyway. Yet something had to be done, and your hands couldn't be tied when you have a greater ideal to protect.

Who is right, and who is wrong?

@Dragonlordjl, Ahh right, I see what you meant. But still :/

hzvjpwS.gif

How about this instead, Kimberly?

You are running a clan into the ground on Runescape. Members hate the leaders and want to quit. On of your high ranked members says that you don't deserve to win "Best clan leader 2011". You get mad because you just want to use your clanmates for money until you have more than you know what to do with. Everyone agrees you are doing an awful job.

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

I would wonder why someone who hates the clan so much is still a member of that clan.

EDIT:

We have to remember that the people who manage the Pmods and Forum mods are not the same people who are making these terrible business decisions. They still have to do what they have to do...no matter how terrible Jagex as a whole has become, or how money-grubbing they are with this Refer a Friend bs. Do I still hate Jagex? Bet your ass. Do I understand why they had to do it? God I wish I didn't. They deserve every bit of negativity that can be pushed their way. But in this...who knows?

hzvjpwS.gif

So not to sound like a jerk, but what I've gathered from reading this thread is nothing more than trying to make Jiblix a martyr to make the already villainized Jagex seem worse. It might not be completely unwarranted that they're villainzed, and I personally don't agree with everything they do (loyalty points, referral program, leniency in regards to bots) , but honestly if people have such an issue with them than why do they continue to use their game? I mean lately there's been so much Jagex bashing, and regardless of its factual or not factual basis, it has gotten old fast as I've realized a lot of people are focusing on that rather than the actual telos of Runescape, that is, it being for FUN.

That being said, this particular instance reminds me of a graphic novel I had to read for Social Foundations called Persepolis about the Islamic Revolution in Iran, and a particular scene comes to mind. There's a mob carrying the body of a soldier saying that the king is a killer, than another body comes out of a hospital and the mob is like another martyr, the king is a killer. Than the widow of the dead comes out and she's like no, he's not a soldier, he died of cancer. But the mob was like lul whut? The king is a killer. So the widow just joined the mob, basically to point a finger at someone. The king was a jerk but that guy's death was unrelated and certainly not a martyrdom. Similarly, it's the rule for players to heavily criticize Jagex and it doesn't matter that sometimes the reasoning is convoluted or the blame irrelevantly placed but a good number of players just support it in a mob mentality just because something else in Runescape/Jagex displeases them.

Edit: And no one better say I'm saying one cannot complain. I'm saying that when one complains it should be constructive, not a continuous habit of [bleep]ing.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

A person can have a constructive complaint with every bad action the company makes, regardless if the company does it out of necessity, and that complaining person would still get posts like yours directed at them. The stigma goes both ways, and I think the only thing both parties at this point have in common is their shared weariness for the same crap served to them day in and day out. And just like the 'complainers' don't quit RuneScape despite complaining, the ones chiding the complainers always have another dose of oily moral righteousness to throw on the flames.

Neither side is making anything better.

EDIT: Persepolis was a great graphic novel, loved it :)

EDIT2: I think we're also off topic now.

hzvjpwS.gif

Okay. Main point, as pointed out by Smellysocks in the Kknowledge Base is that Jib was punished for doing what Jagex said in their own KB they want them to do.

The icing on the cake is that he was punished for doing it on a site not directly related to Runescape or Jagex.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

You are running a clan into the ground on Runescape. Members hate the leaders and want to quit. On of your high ranked members says that you don't deserve to win "Best clan leader 2011". You get mad because you just want to use your clanmates for money until you have more than you know what to do with. Everyone agrees you are doing an awful job.

I would wonder why someone who hates the clan so much is still a member of that clan.

Perhaps the person isn't upset with the clan, so much as the people running it. When trying to resolve things internally fail, sometimes one must make their objections public. And, yes, sometimes repeatedly and increasingly angrily.

People are becoming increasingly passionate about this and many other issues lately. This passion for the game has held Jagex in good stead financially from year to year, but if the problems continue, if the lack of judicious treatment of their community leaders continue, if that passion from the players is ignored in favor of increasingly obvious profit grabs, then the players will, inevitably, leave. Slowly at first, but increasingly until the leaving outnumber the incoming. It won't happen quickly, and may not happen for a few years yet to come, but when it does I have a feeling that this will be one of the events over the last 10 months pointed to as the beginning of the end.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Oh already Voted in GJS.

Yeah EVERY World @ GE, Lumb there are LOTS of Adbots :thumbdown:

Sad to see he got De-Modded :(

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

Where's Anonymous when you need them?

Too busy dealing with important issues like Facebook.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

To be honest I've never had any intention of voting at all, actually. Unless you've given all of the games a fair crack by playing them you can't give a reasonable opinion. Anything else is either fandom or ignorance.

To be honest I've never had any intention of voting at all, actually. Unless you've given all of the games a fair crack by playing them you can't give a reasonable opinion. Anything else is either fandom or ignorance.

Anything else is at least a vote against Jagex. I would hate to see them win best F2P mmorpg when F2P isn't even playable at this point.

floorgazer.png

Anything else is at least a vote against Jagex. I would hate to see them win best F2P mmorpg when F2P isn't even playable at this point.

It's an honest vote against Jagex yes, but is it an honest vote for the game being voted upon?

j0xPu5R.png

ye they're cracking down, they filed a copyright claim on a video i had up yesterday basically downtrodding on the "Refer Yourself Program", so I had to remove it, or face a channel suspension. i guess their authority crosses over to other sites now, better keep my lips a little tighter

Are they claiming copyright infringement because your vid has gameplay footage? If so, gameplay footage is fair use.

EDIT: Perhaps Not, looked it up. The US copyright office says gameplay footage would be a public display of copyrighted material which is a no no. This is odd, I've been under the impression for years that posting gameplay footage is not a specific violation of copyrights mainly a fair use of the copyrighted material. I'm going to have to look into this further.

EDIT 2: The legality of posting gameplay footage is something that has not been properly tested in the courts yet. Fair use is a possible defense against a lawsuit, however, in US courts, fair use would be an affirmative defense, meaning it's an uphill battle for the defendant. The argument can definitely be made, but sites such as Youtube are not going to go through a long, drawn out, and expensive legal battle over something that is not likely to increase their revenue. This means companies like Jagex can cry copyright infringement on any vid they want and they'll get their way.

Yeah, even if it isn't technically allowed, they pick and choose which ones to tell youtube to cease and desist, I think that's wrong, it's either all okay or none of it is.

Also I think Jagex lost at least some ability to claim copyright infringement on videos the day they put ingame tools that support vid making *cough* orb of occulus.

Quoting the top comment on the video atm

What you guys need to know is: Jagex is now controlled by Big Buisiness Tycoons and Investors. The Gower brothers and the veterans at Jagex no longer control the company.

As a matter of fact, a HUGE majority of Jagex, including Mod MMG himself, hate what Runescape, their once beloved game, has become. ( a big marketing ploy). The sad thing is, if members of Jagex cant even persuade their executives to stop destroying Runescape, What chance to we have?

idk how much truth there is to this, but certainly is something that I will think about...

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg