Jiblix and Ken Genosis Demodded Over Speaking Out

pal2002

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why don't you explain, instead of being so vague.

I should be the one explaining? Not at all. Quite honestly I don't give a hoot if you are all so keen on following in a strangers footsteps so easily. I'm just setting some things straight. Things aren't always as they seem.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

It brings into question Jagex's wisdom on even having him made into a moderator in the first place. Then start thinking about those moderators who mute for dicing on their turf. Hah!

It reads more likely that you're here to misdirect and obfuscate -- really.

More like he's almost at his temper's end seeing how he was busy kicking everyone in Mod MMG's chat that even so much as muttered, "Jiblix? Jibbly jiggly blix?"

EDIT: People want your perspective of the story out of you, Newb. You might as well provide it, and seeing as how Jiblix also posted in these forums, he might volunteer his side of it too.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Yes it gives them something to discuss, but if you look at it closely most of the people taking part in this actually have no idea what they're ranting about. NOT A CLUE. Most people don't even know him or the lengths he went through to get where he was.

If you're getting every bit as hysterical as the misinformed people does that make you any better than the people you're upset with?

I'm getting hysterical, or simply trying to inform and correct?

Nobody's said that anything about what Jiblix has done as "groundbreaking" or "illuminating" -- the point is that one of the "faithful" has taken a stance about botting -- made further commentary about it -- and, as a result, has been defrocked.

Just because you've got personal issues with Jiblix, it doesn't mean his point wasn't well-made.

It wasn't well made. If I wanted to see bots I could do it myself. There's nothing new, at all. And there's other people saying that he's after "Uncovering the truth" and Jagex have been trying to "Cover up" the bot problem. How [bleep]ing stupid can some people be, seriously? And then for the attitudes of people like you. Jiblix is nothing but an attention [bleep]. He did it until he became a Moderator, and obviously the attention he was receiving must have died down so he needed to relight that fire.

As BioIce said: "For someone who loved and thrived in attention, becoming a "martyr" is hardly surprising. Nothing more enjoyable than to be talked about gaining even more fame and notoriety. You have to admit, he has put an uncomfortable focus on botting and whether Jagex deserves the Golden Joystick this time around while getting his kicks from the whole thing."

This isn't a personal problem, this is actually knowing what's going on - knowing what you don't know, Blyaunte. I'm not mis-directing at all. People are taking this case as if he's a good guy and is suddenly being punished... When that couldn't be further from it.

Tell me -- if the point wasn't well-made, then why demote him? Why not just ignore him and let it die away slowly?

nyuseg.png

Yes it gives them something to discuss, but if you look at it closely most of the people taking part in this actually have no idea what they're ranting about. NOT A CLUE. Most people don't even know him or the lengths he went through to get where he was.

If you're getting every bit as hysterical as the misinformed people does that make you any better than the people you're upset with?

Nobody's said that anything about what Jiblix has done as "groundbreaking" or "illuminating" -- the point is that one of the "faithful" has taken a stance about botting -- made further commentary about it -- and, as a result, has been defrocked.

Just because you've got personal issues with Jiblix, it doesn't mean his point wasn't well-made.

It wasn't well made. If I wanted to see bots I could do it myself. There's nothing new, at all. And there's other people saying that he's after "Uncovering the truth" and Jagex have been trying to "Cover up" the bot problem. How [bleep]ing stupid can some people be, seriously? And then for the attitudes of people like you. Jiblix is nothing but an attention [bleep]. He did it until he became a Moderator, and obviously the attention he was receiving must have died down so he needed to relight that fire.

As BioIce said: "For someone who loved and thrived in attention, becoming a "martyr" is hardly surprising. Nothing more enjoyable than to be talked about gaining even more fame and notoriety. You have to admit, he has put an uncomfortable focus on botting and whether Jagex deserves the Golden Joystick this time around while getting his kicks from the whole thing."

This isn't a personal problem, this is actually knowing what's going on - knowing what you don't know, Blyaunte. I'm not mis-directing at all. People are taking this case as if he's a good guy and is suddenly being punished... When that couldn't be further from it.

Tell me -- if the point wasn't well-made, then why demote him? Why not just ignore him and let it die away slowly?

Why allow someone who you've given a certain position to voluntary [cabbage]-talk you, when you don't have to allow it?

As was said here earlier. If a Moderator on this forum was to start [bleep]ing about the Administrators on the forum, they wouldn't remain a Moderator very long, would they?

If you were a chef, and I gave you my logo to wear with other privileges, I wouldn't leave them with you on your kitchen show if you're [bleep]ing about my company.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I think they demoted him for his alleged "vote against Jagex" campaign rather than exposing the rampant botting. I'll bet it was a combination of the two, though.

VsaJs.jpg

Yes, the bots massing from tree to tree and rock to rock was something that everybody knew about and was nothing groundbreaking.

However, I never log into F2P servers, so seeing the amount of rwt adbots everywhere was a little "shocking". His point was well made, his point wasnt "Wow look how many bots there are" It was "Is this worthy of being the best F2P game in the world?"

It isn't atm.

nautica.png

nautica.png

You may be right - let's all face the music, this wouldn't be nearly as big as it is now if it weren't posted by one of the more well-known (famous or infamous, depending on who you are) Dual Moderators - but I feel like you're underplaying the matter a bit, Carl.

We as players won't ever have the entire side of the story. What the players see:

• Dual makes videos about bots for several months. Nothing noticeable happens.
  • Dual makes new video about bots and includes his sentiment about how they don't deserve to win an award this year. Demodded.

I don't like the fact that anyone's made him into a martyr to this cause. I reiterate, this wouldn't have gone nearly as big if he wasn't well-known.

But, that doesn't change the fact that there is a glaring bot problem in F2P, and Jagex doesn't appear to be giving much of a damn. It doesn't change his own individual opinion either, which he's entitled to have.

[EDIT]

<Removed private message from Jagex>

I'll admit, in my short stint as a Dual Moderator (a year or so total), I did feel like anyone with a dissenting opinion would be asked to talk with them in private, and they'd return with a goofy smile on their face and evidence of a lobotomy. Or just never be heard of/from again.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Frustrated at the attention? Or laughing at the foolishness of the masses to follow something like this and back it up with a "riot".

I'm far from jealous or frustrated. It matters because there's a discussion that was created for it, you know, to discuss.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Why allow someone who you've given a certain position to voluntary [cabbage]-talk you, when you don't have to allow it?

As was said here earlier. If a Moderator on this forum was to start [bleep]ing about the Administrators on the forum, they wouldn't remain a Moderator very long, would they?

If you were a chef, and I gave you my logo to wear with other privileges, I wouldn't leave them with you on your kitchen show if you're [bleep]ing about my company.

And right there you've shown how far you're missing the point. You get paid to wear a logo and put a smile on your face when working in a kitchen. No one gets paid to moderate on here or on the RSOF (to the best of my knowledge). If I'm taking up a position voluntarily, the person I'm giving my labour to for free can just be damn grateful for the privilege, not the other way round.

For the matter, there's been plenty of incidents where staff members have criticised the Admins on this forum in recent history, but none have had their ranks removed for it. Most of the members I have in mind left themselves.

And right there you've shown how far you're missing the point. You get paid to wear a logo and put a smile on your face when working in a kitchen. No one gets paid to moderate on here or on the RSOF (to the best of my knowledge). If I'm taking up a position voluntarily, the person I'm giving my labour to for free can just be damn grateful for the privilege, not the other way round.

For the matter, there's been plenty of incidents where staff members have criticised the Admins on this forum in recent history, but none have had their ranks removed for it. Most of the members I have in mind left themselves.

They don't get paid by cash, of course, but they're left with a status on their account which essentially represents the company whenever they speak or post on the forum. Voluntary or not, if they don't like the company they shouldn't have taken on board the position. If they did, and dislike the company and complain about it they deserve to be removed. And I'm not quite sure if you get it. You don't have to have that position. It's moreso a privilege to be asked. There's plenty more people out there wanting that position who aren't going to create uproar.

There has been differing opinions on here, sure, but that's rarely with regard to how things are done. Anything like that always should be kept between them and the administrators.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

No, I don't get it. Which is quite funny really, because in the past three months, I've volunteered for no less than four major organisations, and not one of them has made "speak kindly about us in the public domain" a precondition to me working for them. So long as the work I'm doing for them is of a competent enough level, what I think about them personally is neither here nor there. If you had any sense of real life experience, you'd understand that this is just crap PR and people management skills on Jagex's part, neither of which are good signs for a company vying to hold a best F2P game title.

All he did was ask the question, "Are Jagex good enough for this award?" on his personal (non-Jagex affiliated) YouTube account and gave an opinion he has every right to hold. These aren't grounds for a reasonable dismissal.

And by the way, a "rank" isn't a privilege--it's a tool given to people so others respect their authority, in order for them to do their jobs. They receive a green background not because they're 'special' people, but because it gets noticed much more against a sea of brown on the RSOF.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of the matter. If you insist on arguing with those of a different opinion, it may be advisable to go and post your own opinion as well to give you better footing for your own rebuttals towards others. This is not to say I'm teaching you all how to discuss and argue points, but it is a nice guideline to follow.

That being said, this is yet another general warning for everyone to please act civilly while discussing this topic.

No, I don't get it. Which is quite funny really, because in the past three months, I've volunteered for no less than four major organisations, and not one of them has made "speak kindly about us in the public domain" a precondition to me working for them. So long as the work I'm doing for them is of a competent enough level, what I think about them personally is neither here nor there. If you had any sense of real life experience, you'd understand that this is just crap PR and people management skills on Jagex's part, neither of which are good signs for a company vying to hold a best F2P game title.

All he did was ask the question, "Are Jagex good enough for this award?" on his personal (non-Jagex affiliated) YouTube account and gave an opinion he has every right to hold. These aren't grounds for a reasonable dismissal.

And by the way, a "rank" isn't a privilege--it's a tool given to people so others respect their authority, in order for them to do their jobs. They receive a green background not because they're 'special' people, but because it gets noticed much more against a sea of brown on the RSOF.

I've no sense of real life experiences when it comes to volunteering? Such poor judgement. Please show me how volunteering as a Player Moderator; having a 'crown' and abilities regular users don't have (The use of a mute for players breaking rules) is the same as many real life positions. Especially where you're in a community where you can be interacting with hundreds of people at the same time, who all recognise your position. If you want to criticise those whom you're volunteering with, you won't be wearing your name badge and a hat which points you out from the rest of the crowd in pointing out issues you have. You'll raise those matters privately with them and not host it in a public domain.

You're seeing this whole thing from one point of view; that of the volunteer player. You're missing the other side. There's always two sides to every story. They're within their right to remove your name badge and hat because they are giving you that position as a privilege (See it was what you wish.)

And if you don't think it's a privilege to be offered the position, please take a look again at the community and the thousands of people who would love to be given the chance.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I think what many of us here are upset about isn't about the specific player mod, but that because the mod made criticism, valid or not, about Jagex, on a third party website which isn't under the control of Jagex, he has singled out by Jagex and had action taken against him.

Not so much trying to silience him as punish him for expressing his opinion. It's all very pitiful on their part. How thin skinned can a company be?

On another note, I hope a lot of people have as much fire in person @ Runefest as they do on these boards.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

This was a player mod who actively strove to make a difference, and they [cabbage]can him. And people wonder why the player mod corps is such a joke.

Also, I unsubbed several months ago because nothing interested me anymore, and this event has only strengthed my opinion that I'm finished with this game. It's obviously spiraling downhill quickly (LOL at their new "refer a friend" program) and I feel like any further time I invest in this game would be a waste. Yeah you could say any time spent in games is a waste, but the future of this game looks dismal (I'm not saying it will die-- it'll probably stay around for several more years but the QUALITY of the game is continuously worsening). The game itself and the community are as bad as they've ever been, and Jagex is now unquestionably out to milk it for whatever they can, quality be damned.

td2sig.jpg

I think what many of us here are upset about isn't about the specific player mod, but that because the mod made criticism, valid or not, about Jagex, on a third party website which isn't under the control of Jagex, he has singled out by Jagex and had action taken against him.

Not so much trying to silience him as punish him for expressing his opinion. It's all very pitiful on their part. How thin skinned can a company be?

While it does you no good as a developer or a person to hear how much you suck, not being receptive of constructive criticism is something Jagex sorely lacks.

On another note, I hope a lot of people have as much fire in person @ Runefest as they do on these boards.

I dunno. People realize that the police brigade have clubs, tazers, and handcuffs, and probably don't want to take any chances on going to jail over a video game.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I'm not saying riot in the streets, lol. I just hope that people will have the courage to voice their opinions there. It's much easier to criticize someone online than in person. But if there was a strong current of dissatisfaction amongst the Runefesters, maybe they'd take the hint.

On another note, who gave them the Mystery Box with a cabbage in it last time? How about this time you put in a cow pie?

-edit-

I'll give every gp I have to any person who goes there with a sandwichboard sign on advertising gold for $.79

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

Jagex were an English company last I heard, and freedom of speech was a human right last I heard. And since all the guy did is tell people to think about whether or not to vote for Jagex, the fact that they demodded him speaks volumes about what they are turnnig Runescape into.

Asmodean <3