The Q Word

Aceethan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quit awhile ago, because I stopped having fun. I find solitaire more appealing at this point in time.

I am having more fun playing Bejeweled 3 than I did after I went F2P in Dec.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I quit a couple of months ago because a lot of my favourite activities were being ruined by bots, and rather than addressing the issue jagex was releasing nonsense like vanity/loyalty items,

that and maybe now i'll focus more on studies =P

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I already quit a long time ago. I've had a few times between then and now in which I played a little out of boredom (read: a little). Haven't bothered to do any serious grinding in about 2-3 years. I have had my membership running since (waste of money, blah blah blah), and I log on to do the holiday events (always have loved to do those) and test out new content such as quests if they interest me enough (I plan to do the Darkmeyer and ROTM quests when I get time, possibly on winter break).

That's about all. I made the full motions for quitting years ago by destroying my POH that had over 100M invested into it just to deter me from playing. It worked. I literally have nothing on my high-leveled character.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I have no desire to quit. This game is still as fun as it always was.

One thing I don't buy into is mass hysteria. Sorry.

^ This.

My play time come September 24th will go down as is only natural when I go back to uni, but that's about the extent of my "quitting" as it were. Other than that, I still find the game mostly fun and it kills pointless hours of my life that I don't seem to need, so hooray for that!

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I'll hold onto anyone's GP if you want to quit, and I'll even give 5% interest per year if you ever come back :shades:

In all seriousness though, I don't see myself quitting all out for a while. My current play 'schedule' is to usually take a break durring summer for work / sports / social life, and then come back and play during the school months. If I get bored, I get a month of members here and there. This keeps me interested enough in playing without burning out.

While I've been VERY disapointed in the dirrection Jagex has been moving this game, I will keep playing my own way (without RaF bonuses, not resorting to botting) and even though my ranks on the highscores are disapearing, I can play knowing I enjoyed myself.

I've "quit" before, but not in the suddenly stopping. I just gradually reduced my gameplay time until I realised members was pointless. I actually only got back into the game when I was revising for my GCSEs a few years back :roll:

There'd have to be a huge update that I strongly disagreed with to make me suddenly quit - e.g. introduction of "cheap" microtransactions where everyone in the game feel obliged to buy gold.

I'm considering quitting. Not because I'm bored of the game and not because any of the updates anger me. I'm thinking about qutting because I was just hacked the other day (password wasn't changed, PIN wasn't canceled, yet I've never told anyone either of those things and my antivirus shows nothing wrong).

Last time I lost my Chaotic Rapier it was enough to make me quit. This time I lost my Rapier, 150M cash (roughly), and the hacker traded in my M.A. clothing for credits and spent all 2.6M credits on coal (which he took, but was nice enough to inform me about in my Notes tab (it seems that he also un-imbued all my rings and took them too)). Yet for some reason I'm still just sitting here training mining all day workin towards getting a Max Cape....

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

^^ This is your second time hacked? Sorry for your loss but it might have been because your account got recovered by a third party. Be it your friends, or someone you don't know who has knowledge to your account's

information. I would suggest changing Acc recoveries and possibily any other data that can be used in addition.

^^ This is your second time hacked? Sorry for your loss but it might have been because your account got recovered by a third party. Be it your friends, or someone you don't know who has knowledge to your account's

information. I would suggest changing Acc recoveries and possibily any other data that can be used in addition.

The account wasn't recovered though, somehow someone knew my password (it's just random letters and numbers and mixed up and makes no words). Plus, my recovery question answers are also just random letters and what not, so I feel those should be secure too. I'm just clueless as to how the person managed to get onto my account and get through my PIN so easily (PIN is also just random numbers, nothing specific like an important date or a favorite number, etc.).

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I didn't make a conscious decision to quit as I just kind of got bored and spent less time online. Most of my in game friends didn't play anymore, I hadn't kept up to date with the game content and just didn't feel like playing in general. I get members every so often when the mood takes me but it never leads to me playing to the same extent as I did when I really enjoyed Rs.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I quit because I finally realized that this game was nothing but a circular, pointless grind. You grind money so that you can buy resources so you can grind skills so you can get more money to grind more skills, etc. I have nothing against a grind, it is part-and-parcel with MMORPGS, but the grind in RS was so tedious and one-dimensional.

td2sig.jpg

I quit two or so years ago now. I don't think I ever announced it because I'm not great friends with anyone here and I honestly don't think anyone cares. I check back for updates every once in a while but the game just seems to be getting worse. Less actual updates, more Facebook integration and shameless promotions. I might come back some day, I do rather enjoy the game. But as things look right now, the prospect isn't too appealing.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Probably not gonna quit any time soon. I'm having fun with the game, and if I'm not, I just don't play.

When people say they're going to quit Runescape 9/10 of the time they actually mean RAGEQUIT!!!! People just get so unreasonably angry over the littlest things Jagex does wrong, like release an update that "isn't good enough" or they don't press the "delete all bots" button. I'll never understand why some people take what Jagex does SO PERSONALLY and why qutting feels like some righteous deed to them.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Probably not gonna quit any time soon. I'm having fun with the game, and if I'm not, I just don't play.

When people say they're going to quit Runescape 9/10 of the time they actually mean RAGEQUIT!!!! People just get so unreasonably angry over the littlest things Jagex does wrong, like release an update that "isn't good enough" or they don't press the "delete all bots" button. I'll never understand why some people take what Jagex does SO PERSONALLY and why qutting feels like some righteous deed to them.

I think you're confusing people who legitimately quit, with people who say they're going to quit every week when each update isn't perfect. The people I've known who have quit have just quit playing overtime. No sudden "that's it I'm done" moment. You just stop logging in.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

I think you're confusing people who legitimately quit, with people who say they're going to quit every week when each update isn't perfect. The people I've known who have quit have just quit playing overtime. No sudden "that's it I'm done" moment. You just stop logging in.

Yeah, I have no qualms with people who quit without making a big stink about it. It's just the people who have to tell everyone they're quitting gets on my nerves. Two weeks later, they're back and the cycle repeats itself.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I haven't officially quit. But I haven't actually logged into the game itself for a good month and a half (the clan calls me a chronic lobby'er). I love the people part, but the game has really lost my interest. All of the things I liked doing are 99 already, and the other skills are just such an unrewarding grind in my eyes as well as being bot-infested.

The update quality has noticeably decreased this summer, there's nothing that I really care to play out of them. The Loyalty stuff and Refer a friend didn't cause me to jump on any bandwagon, but they certainly don't help Jagex's case.

I think I'd come back though if we get RuneFest pictures of cosplayers dressed as woodcutting bots and such, and it'd be healthy to ask them in person why they aren't doing anything about bots. Too many people on my friendlist have admitted botting, with absolutely nothing done to their accounts, even several months after. The message needs to be sent in person at this point, as clearly internet methods aren't working. They don't even have to do that much; a daily system update at a random time during normal American school hours will probably help out a lot in freeing areas up and at least preventing a big portion of the audience from leaving a bot on when they go to school. I'd gladly make that sacrifice and would gladly continue to play and pay if they take an actual visual stance on this issue.