The Q Word

Aceethan

Quitting. There I said it, although I haven't been the first to utter this word. Recently, this word "quitting" has been getting a lot of use. Angry at Jagex, angry at bots, done with RS just because. So this topic is about quitting. Have you quit recently? Might you quit? What would push you to the edge? I personally will probably never quit RS. I consider myself somewhat of a veteran (7 years) and I'll probably stay with this game till the ned just because i enjoy it so much. But I wanna hear what you have to say.

Let the discussion begin!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cancelled my membership in December 2010 after Jagex released the second of those free trade / Wilderness referendum.

I quit playing altogether in July 2011; bots rendered the game unplayable and I disliked the Members' Loyalty Programme and Vanity Items being released at the same time as if nothing was going on.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I honestly don't see myself quitting in the next couple of years anyway. I have too much planned like several 200m skills. :P None of Jagex' updates have really angered me or affected me enough to consider quitting. I don't really play for future updates, as a lot of people do apparently. I only play for all the good current content.

The only way I'd quit is if Jagex started lowering XP rates in all skills, but I don't really see that happening. ;)

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

The only way I'd quit is if Jagex started lowering XP rates in all skills, but I don't really see that happening.

The high experience grind is the bread and butter of this game yet it's been getting easier to gain experience as the years have gone by. They're not about to lower how you gain experience.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

The only way I'd quit is if Jagex started lowering XP rates in all skills, but I don't really see that happening.

The high experience grind is the bread and butter of this game yet it's been getting easier to gain experience as the years have gone by. They're not about to lower how you gain experience.

I'm probably one of the few people that are glad, they're increasing xp rates. I don't understand how effigies would ruin the game, all it does is save a few days on a game that already takes around 200-400 days to max. I understand that effigies ruined Rc, but only ruins Rc because the xp rates for it are ridiculously slow. People complain about skills getting faster, all I see is the ability to max out becoming more realistic for people who can't put in 10+ hr days for a year or two.

I will admit, with dicing/staking a lot the moneymaking achievements have greatly diminished. I actually was able get 99 prayer/the cash for 99prayer, faster then I was able to get 99 cooking. I thought that was a little funny. To me GP seems greatly devalued atm, I keep debating whether or not to get 99 Herblore now or before BXPW, because I've done a few 100m+ days dicing and I'm not in a huge cc, just hosting in my cc. Tbh, I'm just waiting for BXPW so I have something to train.

The only reason I'd quit if Jagex made this game stupidly easy, or they went back on updates. I find it annoying when people are like omg Jagex return GE to old graphics, we're to nostalgic for advancement.

ohya and I hate bots, not enough to make me quit though.

P2P holiday items irk me a bit 2, I think holidays shouldn't be about $$$, so Jagex shouldn't make some of the items P2P only. I was also a little upset about the Runefest Flagstaff, but looking back was stupid to get mad over, and now I got myself a nice Katana. I think if Jagex makes game exclusive items a lot more with no ingame stats, it'd be pretty cool. Maybe Australian players could get a boomerang, etc.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I recently "officialy" quit by giing my bank to an irl friend who is still interested. The factor that made me quit was how easy obtaining money became after free trade was released with things like staking, dicing, and even RWT. The fact that 60% of the -100 players i saw had full 3a and a herblore cape ( most with phats too) really put me off because I had been trying for a very ling time to save money for overloads, 99 summoning, and prayer and now any level 3 can get those achievements in under a month really devalued the game in my life

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12

My subscription is due on the 10th. After that, I will quit and probably not come back for a long time. My reasons for quitting is because I simply cannot find anything

entertaining in this game. My other reason is to use that extra time for Runescape on my studies and hopefully raise my GPA. but I wouldn't quit if Jagex released updates that

were for the game and not for them.

If I'll ever quit, it'll probably because I'd like to dedicate more time to real life. Now that I think about it, there's alot of stuff I could've done if I didn't spend most of my days in front of a computer screen. I'm not going to go all emotional here, but I won't quit because of "[cabbage]ty" updates, they really don't affect me. Quitting over RAF is silly, it's just some people/bots getting some extra xp, big deal...

TL:DR I won't quit because of updates, but because I'll need more real life time.

terravir.png

I have goals that I wish to achieve, and I will until this game is ended (Shut down ended, not unplayable because of bots ended).

The goals I have set for my current account are tough, and will take another year at least to achieve. And then I'm doing it again, but with even more restrictions.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

I have so little time to play anymore, wish I could play more/the desire to play more. :( Most I have now is to play a quest or interesting piece of new content. I don't care if Jagex ruins their game with botting or whatever they are being evil about these days. An odd escape from reality is all I can ask for nowadays.