14-Sept-2011 � Ritual of the Mahjarrat

Saradomin_Mage

[hide]Guess what has two thumbs and is still running around on Mos le Harmless trying to avoid whatever that firebreathing thing is?

THIS GUY! <_<[/hide]

Guess who recognizes the Scrubs reference?

THIS GUY!

Still. Someone please tell me the quest is less of a pain in the *** after that part. Please.

a70c7.png

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot older than that.

The point is that pures are intended to abuse the combat formula -- it's foolish to expect updates to revolve around your attempts to do so.

Jagex's policy, which is and always has been quite a sensible one, has been to ignore pures. If your build is now locking you out of useful PKing content, then it's no longer the optimal one and you need to adapt accordingly.

As someone who has been Pure for the last eight years, agree. But I do find it ridiculous that they make updates which either can be gotten with very little defense(AKA Pures can't get this, you should get Defense-releases) and in general the entire "HIT HARDER HIT HIGHER HIT FASTER" mentality that's now RS, I don't support Turmoil or Dungeoneering rewards and so on.

@Zerker

Don't see why you're bothered about this quest, real pures aren't able to do Temple at Senntisten either.

It isn't that hard, go to world 100 and follow someone.

Remember: all kind of trees are suitable for hiding, not only the big ones. Remember to stand in the square west of them. Follow burnt grass.

[hide]Yeah, follow the burnt grass. You can actually hide in the tall grass, too - just make sure it's examinable before you try hiding in it. I just keep getting roasted half-a-second after leaving cover for some reason. I'll try again later.[/hide]

a70c7.png

It isn't that hard, go to world 100 and follow someone.

Remember: all kind of trees are suitable for hiding, not only the big ones. Remember to stand in the square west of them. Follow burnt grass.

[hide]Yeah, follow the burnt grass. You can actually hide in the tall grass, too - just make sure it's examinable before you try hiding in it. I just keep getting roasted half-a-second after leaving cover for some reason. I'll try again later.[/hide]

The trick is to stay behind cover for a few seconds per cover, so that the timer gets a chance to reset.

2qdd6q0.png

Proud Quester!

Got ragefire boots, put in GE at 50m based on w2 offers (only sell offers), didn't go, put in at 30m, sold for 45m. Guess I should've waited for the 50m but I'm happy :).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Lucien was only level 750? :mellow:

I'd have thought more of a "god." Also, the rest of the Mahjarrat aren't nearly as strong as I thought they'd be, either.

They get stronger after ------- is sacrified actually. Nevertheless, Lucien never achieved godhood or was even close to it, he simply had too much power in his hands, the Zarosian mahjarrats were able to do as much as him if not more during that fight, and none of them refer to themselves as gods, regardless of the level.

By far the best quest I've done, I kinda feel bad for Jhallan but I kind of expected him to be the next appart from lucien dying in one way or another. I'm still unclear about what was Azzanadra's plan with the beacons, was it merely some sort of attack or he actually tried to bring back Zaros? Guess we won't know for a while since that part was interrumpted by the dragonkin, was waiting more from lucien against them but guess he had it coming, kind of ironic how he died by the same weapon that made other a god lol.

I'm sure that it was the beacons actually that continually boosted our power to 195 (if you're maxed melees) throughout the time you are on the plateau... Unless of course that is the stone of Jas power; but I wouldn't think that, based on the way it worked in WGS. And yeahs it's probably just some sort of attack.

I think the source of that boost was actually the sone of Jas, it was juse mere paces away and the journal does hints that the "left over" power that remains around there is the reason we get a boost when fighting in that place. Was just wondering about Azzanadra's intention since he quoted Zaros, altho you're probably right, maybe it was just some sort of attack he managed to contain, since he can speak directly to Zaros anyway.

He stayed inside the Temple to 'power up' himself, but he couldn't access this source from even a short distance away, let alone the Ritual Site. Therefore he created the four beacons, which supplied him with power during the Ritual.

Too bad Jhallan died... I actually sort-of liked the guy.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Voldermort dies

Sorry just finished reading Harry Potter

Spoiler tags please!

lol, made me laugh :P

Just to ask did everyone finish it as fast as 3-4 hours?

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

[bleep]ing jagex, i can't start any of the end-quest fights because the cutscene with saradomin makes my game client crash

every

single

[bleep]ing

time

[bleep]ing jagex, i can't start any of the end-quest fights because the cutscene with saradomin makes my game client crash

every

single

[bleep]ing

time

Change your graphics settings, safemode then try software and so on

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

im already on all min, will try safe mode tho

Is there any other way to get back to the fights if you tele out other than to go back through the wild?

If you take the boat from the Kyatt hunter area there is whole new entrance to the Ghorrock castle that isn't in wildy. If you attached the rope to the tree it means you can just climb that it and will take you straight to the fight.

Sylpheed.png

j51lQLfengWYM.jpg

Average trip... And these things are supposed to be hard? They die as fast as TDs and can last longer each trip. Note... First trip. Lol.

Only 9 Armadyl Shards so far though.

Could you give me some pointers on how to get that number?

I would also love to know how this Is done.

Sylpheed.png

how does one get to safe mode :s