looololol

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>Jimpex does a bot sweep

>stat wipes the level 3s and bans them for 2 weeks

>gives them a stern warning via message center

And if you ignore us again, we'll give you another STRONGLY WORDED LETTER, telling you EXACTLY HOW WE FEEL.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

If they're banning such a massive amount then they probably have a 1-click method. Wouldn't want to be caught in that crossfire... You[r level 138 2300+ total] account has been banned for website advertisement [due to grievous error on the part of one of our employees].

What of the PM bots? The ones that PM gold advertisements rather than spam them in the open? I never thought about it before, but those might be safely tucked into the lobby. I only mention those because they bother me far more than F2P spam bots, and seem like the next logical thing to tackle before they go full-swing on the "real" bots.

Anyway, I guess it's neat to have this confirmed from the rumor we've had for a few days now...

2dgucz6.png

Eh, the gold seller PM ones don't annoy me. I generally get one per session, but that's what private > friends is for. I keep private on usually... gold seller PM bots don't make enough of a presence on individual players, going from my own experience.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

No, but gold seller PM bots will affect new players and it does dictate the flow of the F2P introductory feel.

This may mean that Jagex'll try to push out new advertisement in order to attract in new customers through F2P. Or as the start of a PR campaign.

i feel like jagex is like "big brother" you don't see them or see what they do, but you know they're there. there presence is felt, but I feel if they were actually ingame banning people they would have a more "cop" presence. you see them, you know someone is going to get caught, you just don't want it to be you so you ease a little on the gas pedal when you see them.

I just had a thought. If Jagex really only cared about money, wouldn't they try to do something about the hundred of f2p autotypers? I'm sure those decrease the amount of people that buy members significantly. That would mean that the reason they're around is just that Jagex's bot detection system is just a failure.

Am I just being stupid like usual, or does this make sense to anyone else?

i feel like jagex is like "big brother" you don't see them or see what they do, but you know they're there. there presence is felt, but I feel if they were actually ingame banning people they would have a more "cop" presence. you see them, you know someone is going to get caught, you just don't want it to be you so you ease a little on the gas pedal when you see them.

Have the J-Mods do a bit of "flying the flag"? Not a bad idea. Even if they don't do anything, just knowing that they're there and patrolling the game would have an effect.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Good to know that after all the PM advertising I've received and reported every time, there is a response.

My question is: When do botters run out of names to use for the characters they create? I know the possibilities are probably near limitless, but where could it end? Couldn't Jagex just put a restriction on certain characters to create a legitimate name so that bot accounts would be difficult to create?

wessan.png

jagex should hire jmods to just dedicate 100% of their time to going around and perm-banning bots.

A single person hopping from world to world at the GE would be absurdly effective. I'd seriously try this out if I was a P-Mod and got permission.

EDIT: Hooray! A thread that's positive! I'd love to hear more ideas for realistically dealing with this.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think there needs to be a change the sign-up mechanism that is currently used. A quick look at the account creation method:-

ding.png

This is ridiculously easy to circumvent (as mentioned by itrollzu), and contains none of the (almost) standard "spambot" (although in this instance we're just talking bot) filters. Now admittedly, many systems have been broken before (Captcha) or are circumventable with human involvement (well that's kind of obvious) meaning that we won't stop ALL the autoers, but if you are able to stem the flow using such a system (and I don't mean one of those questions that says "are you human" because 10 seconds of scouting and some code changes and that becomes void) just a bit, you have started making an indent.

My question is: When do botters run out of names to use for the characters they create? I know the possibilities are probably near limitless, but where could it end? Couldn't Jagex just put a restriction on certain characters to create a legitimate name so that bot accounts would be difficult to create?

We'd all run out of display names at the same time.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

jagex should hire jmods to just dedicate 100% of their time to going around and perm-banning bots.

A single person hopping from world to world at the GE would be absurdly effective. I'd seriously try this out if I was a P-Mod and got permission.

The truth is that a P-Mod hopping world to world is absurdly ineffective. Not only do they come back fast enough that keeping 1 world clear at a time is a 'full time job' but there are other "classified" reasons why it doesn't work. If it worked, it would be done.

Do them "type these words in correctly to continue" things work; the things that are on other websites, do they work for stopping spam bots etc?

If so they could implement them to by-pass some of them?

And, even though it would be annoying, have your account needing to do it once a day?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Do them "type these words in correctly to continue" things work; the things that are on other websites, do they work for stopping spam bots etc?

And, even though it would be annoying, have your account needing to do it once a day?

They had those in RSC.

It didn't work.

queste.png303/324

What you're refering to is captcha, and yes bots can solve them. Most normal spambots on the internet can't but it's certainly not rare to see ones that solve it. Even Tipit gets a fair number of spambots even though we have captcha. It keeps most of them out, but if someone wants to get in, they'll get in.

They made a change to the chat filter. If you try counting from 1-5 really fast (inhuman speeds), you get temporarily muted until you stop for 5 seconds. It's not only the grand exchange.

Atleast, that's what several PMods have been telling me.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

They made a change to the chat filter. If you try counting from 1-5 really fast (inhuman speeds), you get temporarily muted until you stop for 5 seconds. It's not only the grand exchange.

Jesus, not again. Last time they did this it caused OUTRAGE.

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm not sure how it works, but it seems to be working. For now.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Oh my god. So THAT'S why my 3 got filtered out when counting down for switches the other day...

Anyways, it's good to see Jagex actually perm-muting spam bots now. I was wondering why I wasn't greeted with the usual spam...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Apparently letters you type out are being logged server side.

Meaning if you take a time of 1 second to type "Hey, want to go clan wars?", it gets filtered. If you take a time of say, 3-4 seconds, it gets through.

Or from what I've tested.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

This would take them literally months to do, I'd rather they spent their time updating the game or doing something more contructive and instead tell the P-Mods its their duty to do it for say 2 hours a week.