Worlds being muted

Unknown_Warrior

So apparently, several worlds are being completely muted. W117 and W148 suffered from it, leaving only Quick Chat working.

Hence resolved, but still.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Doubt this is true unless i see some proof, prob just the hordes of auto-typers used to spam at dg being hit by the new auto-mutings.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's Jagex's final solution for dealing with ad bots? :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Doubt this is true unless i see some proof, prob just the hordes of auto-typers used to spam at dg being hit by the new auto-mutings.

There are a few reports of this on the RSOF, so I think it's safe to say it's true: [qfc]14-15-745-63275144[/qfc]

I really wouldn't be surprised if this was related to stopping ad-bots.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Perhaps they were testing something? There are certain variables that can't be taken into account when you do it on a private server (or whatever Jagex use to test their content before release). I wouldn't be surprised if it was something related to adbots tbh.

j0xPu5R.png

There are a few reports of this on the RSOF, so I think it's safe to say it's true: [qfc]14-15-745-63275144[/qfc]

I really wouldn't be surprised if this was related to stopping ad-bots.

There are many reports of many ludicrous things on RSOF, I dont put much faith in it.

Examples that spring to mind was the red fire ghost wandering around near ardy that was 1 hitting ppl that had like LOADS of rsof thread and was fake. Or the requests for item returns after Brassica Prime "killed" players.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

A few Scryers were affected by this. It went through a few worlds and only lasted for a short period of time and corrected itself. Players affected could only see and use quick chat.

Sounds like it was a glitch to me. Players under 13 get restricted to only quick chat don't they? Perhaps it was a variable from around there affecting people on specific worlds.

off-topic - Welcome back TiF!

I can confirm that it happened as well. Was talking to a friend who was on world 54 earlier. World hopped to him and when I got there only quickchat could be used.

It didn't give any warning of the world being only quickchat when I logged in either. Thought I had been muted. Changed worlds and I could talk again.

Got this on W138 also

cruddysig2.png

[spoiler=Stats]

Crudson.png

[spoiler='Achievements]

Crudson.png

99 Fishing achieved: 20 June 2010 | 99 Mining achieved: 07 August 2011 | Obtained the power of Ancient curses: 08 August 2011

[spoiler='Goals]

Get Chaotic rapier | Pinch off a Fighter hat from Commander Connad | Obtain the godly power of Turmoil | 99 Attack

Pretty messy way to deal with them. I would love to see what would've happened if that happened in World 2.

This is why automated solutions don't work. There will always be someone that is caught in the crossfire.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Pretty messy way to deal with them. I would love to see what would've happened if that happened in World 2.

This is why automated solutions don't work. There will always be someone that is caught in the crossfire.

Worse when the number of bystanders affected outnumber the target group too. :|

It seems to be a problem with the system that is keeping the ad-bots in check. From the lists of worlds I have seen affected, and from what I know about the conditions on certain worlds, it seems to only be an issue on worlds with extra large populations of auto typers. I imagine they will get the kinks in their automated system sorted out fairly soon, and in the mean time, the ad bots are getting so creative its funny. At the current rate, they'll be out of advertising names (where they use their name as the web advert) inside a week easy, and I imagine a solution to the bots that spread the message over multiple accounts at once are already in the works. For the multibot spam though, they are doing it in such hi traffic areas that their messages are fragmented beyond recognition anyway.

It would be nice if Jagex would officially recognize the problems the system is having though, and maybe even provide an estimate on when certain worlds will stop randomly going into qc only mode.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Looks like some guy abused a bug with the new spam filter by using Quick Chat to trick the filter into muting everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZLsR_BBd93E#

^ Link posted here before, but for reference

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Looks like some guy abused a bug with the new spam filter by using Quick Chat to trick the filter into muting everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZLsR_BBd93E#

^ Link posted here before, but for reference

Yikes. Hope they get that figured out.

35b9enp.jpg

Yeah it happened actually inside a dungeon yesterday. Was both very annoying and amusing, we were reduced to using emotes at doors to try and tell people they were denk :P

Lol. That must have been hilarious. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Yeah it happened actually inside a dungeon yesterday. Was both very annoying and amusing, we were reduced to using emotes at doors to try and tell people they were denk :P

Lol. That must have been hilarious. :lol:

+1.

I would've loved to join so I can use the facepalm emote at them for misinterpreting the signals used.

calling denks is 4 ppl dat r sht @ map redin

calling denks is 4 ppl dat r sht @ map redin

I hate when its the edge of the map, and people STILL call dead end.

No shit.

But maz you're the best keyer on tip.it so :P everyone here is shit compared to you

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg