Diamondseekers - Minecraft Server & Forums!

Low C

I'm building a massive tiered castle-city southeast of town. It's south of the big mountain ridge that Lang claimed. If you hit marsh you went too far.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1.0 is now up, with no mods and such. Blame Bukkit.

As of right now monsters are set to on, if you guys want that changed just leave feedback here and we will decide if it should revert to peaceful.

Low_C.png

1.0 is now up, with no mods and such. Blame Bukkit.

As of right now monsters are set to on, if you guys want that changed just leave feedback here and we will decide if it should revert to peaceful.

Ah, was waiting for this.

Cheers. :thumbup:

2elPZ.png

Come look over my castle and see this. :mellow:

j0xPu5R.png

O.o I guess someone in the whitelist is the culprit. I guess when I came on yesterday it was before it happened. Then again I only came there to check the castle to see how it had advanced since I last had the time to logon to the server.

That sucks though, and proves how we can't do anything without having mods to protect the stuff. Hopefully he has a recent backup.

Rolled back to yesterday. If this happens again i'll be reassessing the white-list, and the logs to determine the culprits. I'll be lenient and just try to think it's some ass who's upset for the downtime. Don't ruin it for everyone else and just leave and find another server rather than griefing.

Low_C.png

[iNFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.0.0

[iNFO] Loading properties

[iNFO] Starting Minecraft server on *

[iNFO] Preparing level "world"

[iNFO] Default game type: 0

[iNFO] Preparing start region for level 0

[iNFO] Preparing spawn area: 85%

[iNFO] Done (1402758821ns)! For help, type "help" or "?"

I can assure you all it's running 1.0.0 and the official server client. Not sure what's causing the errors.

Low_C.png

I popped in earlier and got on just fine, the server works just fine, just repatch on your end or something. When you launch minecraft, click on options and click "force update". It redownloads the minecraft.jar file and should fix whatever problems you guys are having.

I popped in earlier and got on just fine, the server works just fine, just repatch on your end or something. When you launch minecraft, click on options and click "force update". It redownloads the minecraft.jar file and should fix whatever problems you guys are having.

I did this and it worked.

So are we on a new world or the same one as before?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Sweet. Hopped on before, I don't like that mobs are turned out. Soon as you leave the town you get bombarded with them in the desert.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Server is updated to the new Bukkit build finally now that they're developed it. We only have Essentials as of now and we will probably keep it simple. I'm sure you'll all be happy /spawn is back though.

Low_C.png

I need to know what I can do as a Server Admin to promote activity within the server. I'm open to suggestions from you guys. I want the server to be active again and brimming with players. I'm contemplating advertising on Reddit, anyone know if that's a good idea?

White-listing is probably a bottleneck but I really don't want to deal with griefing. Anyone know if this is a problem? I'm really relying on your guys suggestions and complaints to help shape the next phase of this server.

And a picture of some progress made on the interior of my project.

GreatHall1.png

Low_C.png

I don't want to know how long and tedious that must of took you.

My patience gland hurting by looking at that, but my eyes are loving it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg