2011 Golden Joystick Awards

lordkafei

Tbh...i never thought jiblix had a majority impact..and what we were trying to do was simply letting our voices to be heard and to stand up to a greedy and evil corporate jagex.

What this result says is that jiblix do indeed represent the real, common, players. He gave them a voice. No matter how many ppl actually voted/not voted after seeing the vid does not matter -but the message seem to have finally gotten through the thick coporate heads at the jagex mansion.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very glad Jagex lost this (though my votes for Bejeweled 3 were wasted :P)

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

What this result says is that jiblix do indeed represent the real, common, players. He gave them a voice. No matter how many ppl actually voted/not voted after seeing the vid does not matter -but the message seem to have finally gotten through the thick coporate heads at the jagex mansion.

I'm not sure that Jagex losing an award that they were perhaps always likely to lose (but still receiving plenty of publicity for doing so) is evidence of the bolded statement.

Tbh...i never thought jiblix had a majority impact..and what we were trying to do was simply letting our voices to be heard and to stand up to a greedy and evil corporate jagex.

One minute you're meekly saying that Jiblix didn't do anything, the next you're saying he's the voice of the people and you're taking down the greedy corporate fatcats.

This would have happened with or without people thinking they could've ROWROWFIGHTEDDAPOWAAAAAA. They had a lot more quality competition with stronger, more active userbases.

hzvjpwS.gif

One minute you're meekly saying that Jiblix didn't do anything, the next you're saying he's the voice of the people and you're taking down the greedy corporate fatcats.

This would have happened with or without people thinking they could've ROWROWFIGHTEDDAPOWAAAAAA. They had a lot more quality competition with stronger, more active userbases.

Finally, a logical way for them to look at it rather than the self-praising "L0L LUK WHAT WE DID", bullshit.

'Greedy and evil corporate Jagex', you mean...A company? Consider then that all companies aiming to make a profit are greedy and evil.

I'm baffled as to how people are believing this actually had anything to do with a video posted by an attention seeker that pointed out nothing other than common knowledge.

Good job Tip.It, you never cease to amaze me.

tumblr_lgq2saVne91qzsyre.gif

EDIT: Kimberly, yes. They were promised during the voting stage.

League of Legends users would receive a "10-Win IP Boost!" (I don't know what that is.)

World of Tanks users would receive 5X experience.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

... I'm baffled as to how people are believing this actually had anything to do with a video posted by an attention seeker that pointed out nothing other than common knowledge. ...

I'd be inclined to agree that Jiblix wasn't the prime mover - he was not even the prime mover amongst Gielinor's disgruntled. But to imply he had no role is a bit disingenuous. He played a part and he raised his voice.

The awakening of other companies really had more to do with the end of Jagex' sway over the GJ. It's not going to be freebie PR amymore for the boys at Jagex.

Next year will not be any easier - now that other companies have seen they can bribe their users to vote (like Jagex has been doing), you will likely see strong competition year after year. It may very well boil down to who has the most players and who offers the biggest in-game perk.

Will Jagex follow suit next year and offer something more than a cosmetic item & emote? Hmmmmmm.

==========

In a somewhat related vein: 2011 Golden Joystick Awards breaks Guinness World Record with 2.06 million votes

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Kimberly, yes. They were promised during the voting stage.

League of Legends users would receive a "10-Win IP Boost!" (I don't know what that is.)

World of Tanks users would receive 5X experience.

Next year will probably see "Golden Joystick Bonus EXP Weekend Reward" to entice people.

Well, good to know. And now they know they need to give their dogs a treat to make them sit up and bark. In the end I win as a person, so hooray. XD

hzvjpwS.gif

inb4 bronze scythe lol. I'm also very glad Portal 2 won best game of the year. It truly is a fantastic game.

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

I'm happy that Portal 2 won Ultimate Game of the Year :D

Also wonder what Jagex will say to this

Maybe the Golden Scythe that's in the toy box is now a waste.

Or they will say, thank you for giving us 3rd place and give it anyway.

Also Congrats to Mojang and Minecraft for their 1st place on downloadable :)

This

Indeed. LoL apparently gets 500,000 players at a time at peak times, that's a hell of a lot more than Runescape. I don't think we've ever had that many online at any one time.

I honestly voted for LoL because it appears to have greater potential than RuneScape on the Free-to-Play perspective. Putting aside the drama, I honestly feel that LoL does deserve it. At least RuneScape (not Jagex, but RuneScape itself) didn't get like dead last.

I have no idea what WoT is, but if the demographics are right and it is popular among many non-English speaking countries, then the results really don't surprise me at all.

I honestly voted for LoL because it appears to have greater potential than RuneScape on the Free-to-Play perspective. Putting aside the drama, I honestly feel that LoL does deserve it. At least RuneScape (not Jagex, but RuneScape itself) didn't get like dead last.

I have no idea what WoT is, but if the demographics are right and it is popular among many non-English speaking countries, then the results really don't surprise me at all.

Tanks are also cool

And if you compare strictly the F2P content of WoT and RS, I'd say WoT has the edge at least in my opinion.

I think I can summarize this with the following funny statement (if it's done before already, kudos :))

Ok, here goes:

WoT? LoL!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

WoT? LoL!

I laughed so goddamn hard