Favourite 7th Gen Console [POLL]

xAres

What is your Favourite 7th Gen Console  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite 7th Gen Console?

• Playstation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • Nintendo Wii
    • PC

Guys, title says it all.

I'm going to have to go with PC though. PS3 and Xbox are not as powerful as people claim to be. PS3's gpu is comparable to a 40nm die-shrink of the NV47 chip (Nvidia GeForce 7800 Architecture) with 512MB ram running with opengl whilst the Xbox 360's GPU is based on a Radeon X1950 with directx9 and 512MB ram, both also have a quad core cpu i think. Both GPUs are on par with a hd 6670 which are hardley expensive and 4gb ram goes for 25 pound. Also the online gaming is free and more reliable on PC, whilst you can say online is free on PS3 on PC games can be run 24/7 on dedicated servers made by the community. I love the modding aspect too, some mods can add hours of gameplay and cost nothing unlike some of the DLC that you're ripped off with on the Playstation store or microsoft store.

The only disadvantage PC is at is the cost of making the machine. The situation is improving although this is helped by the 8th generation taking too long and most PC games being console ports meaning they're not making the most of the newer hardware. right now it's possible to make a pc with a hd 6770, 4gb ram, 500gb hdd, AMD athlon ii x4 for under 300 pound depending on where you buy your parts still more expensive than a console but your getting better performance so it's all good.

0c2d4ace490c.png

360 all the way (though I hasten to add I don't really play games much; I've never used a PS3 and I've only played on a friend's Wii a handful of times).

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

My vote will ultimately go to Xbox for Crackdown as it was the best console exclusive game from this console generation. Portal was really good too, but multi-platform, so I can't consider that an Xbox game. Never attempted to play PS3 because it has no games that seem interesting to me. The Wii doesn't really have any console exclusives that particularly impress me. Brawl seemed like a rehash of Melee in the same way COD, FIFA, and Madden are and Twilight Princess is also on the Gamecube, so not really a console exclusive. PC isn't really a console, btw. It's a platform and without generations, so it probably shouldn't be part of the poll. That's not to say it doesn't have amazing games (because it does), but it doesn't really have any limits for its generation.

Really, though, Crackdown, Portal, Halo 2, Ocarina of Time, and Windwaker are my standards I hold all games against. Because my expectations are so high, I am usually disappointed with the games I play now, so I really haven't played video games since June.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I'd say PC, but it really isn't a console. I personally think that the Xbox360 was the best of the three consoles. It was affordable, and it had many great games. I don't own a PS3 or an Xbox, but from what I have experienced, the Xbox is infinitely better.

I'm going to have to vote PC. I'm a graphics person, and the consoles are really starting to show their age when played on a HDTV, especially a 1080p one. I also prefer keyboard and mouse for controls. I still enjoy 360, but I probably wouldn't even bother with having one if more of my friends played on PC.

I've played all and I've settled on the PS3 as my system. Great Wii games come out so infrequent, I still wonder why I have my Wii. Sold my 360 after concluding it wasn't worth holding onto it for the exclusives. Keep my PS3 because imo, the exclusives are superior to the 360, and I don't have to pay a monthly subscription to play online when they already cost enough as it is. PC gaming is fun, it's got it's gems, but I've never been able to maintain interest in it like a console.

tFtfA.jpg

Ps3 for me, can't think of any original reasons, but I guess it fits my play style. I get enough of keyboard + mouse with everyday computer use, so don't care to use them for gaming, and 360 online has monthly fee? Doesn't fit my budget / casual gaming habits.

+bluray

I love me some PSP. Bought that for Dissidia, FF7CC and KHBBS. Epic games. Also I have a GBA emulator. That's sucked up more hours than those three games combined, and that's saying something.

I have literally only 2 games for PS3 since I've had it. The only games I give a damn about are being released for PC as well. Gee, should I play with a stupid joystick or a mouse? No mods or a crapload of great mods? PC all the way. Modern TV based consoles are obsolete.

I'll always be a Nintendo fanboy at heart, but the Xbox 360 has laid down the foundations for future generations on what online interactivity should look like. Xbox Live was indesputably, in so many ways, more successful than the Wii's and the DS's Friend Code 'network'. The only criticism I have of the 360 is its over-dependency on photorealistic gaming, which I think sadly has become synonymous with "good overall games design" in neglect of other areas such as music soundtracks and plotlines.

Halo had a decent plot and music second only to Legend of Zelda. Check some of these songs out.

[spoiler=Songs]Halo 2 Theme Song:

Earth City:

Blow Me Away:

First Movement of the Odyssey:

Halo 3 Theme Song:

Finish the Fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd1Z4ZEy0Kk&hd=1

Halo Reach Theme Song:

Tip of the Spear:

There are a lot more good songs as well, but they really only go well as a whole album (kind of like Dark Side of the Moon).

I can't say the same of other Xbox games. You're definitely right about focusing too much on one aspect of the game, though.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

360. My brother has a PS3 which I've used a couple of times and the controller is just too tiny and hand-crippling to downgrade to. Fair enough we pay for online, but it's got by far the best online service as said above, you get what you pay for. I don't really class PC as a console and i'm much more comfortable with a 360 controller in my hands for games than using a keyboard and mouse.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

I would have to say the PS3. I really wish I could get into PC gaming, but I just don't have the cash needed to make even a descent PC.

A year ago it would have gone to 360, but I've always been a sony guy

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]