01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower

Saradomin_Mage

Edit: Just had a quick look at the YouTube Video for the Dominion Tower and noticed a Black Knight as one of the NPC's. He's not one of the main fighters though, possible one for the top floor? (Middle Left)

blackknight.png

I'm more interested in knowing what the huge red worm at the bottom is.

Pretty sure that's the Pest Queen.

Sylpheed.png

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: Only Woox16 seems to have completed the set 1. Wouldn't be too hard for Jagex to spawn it for him.

A few players like Woox16 and Castle Wars have the set 1 listed on their A logs, but they've said that they've never fought Nomad before, except for in the special challenge.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Well, you know of someone who has done him in endurance?

Only some level 37 on official forums claiming to fight but die wouldn't make me believe yet. 10 level 110's instead, probably would.

Edit: Only Woox16 seems to have completed the set 1. Wouldn't be too hard for Jagex to spawn it for him.

Also, Accursed, Mod Emille's word means nothing if she's wrong. I want player confirmation.

I can confirm that nomad appears on the endurance roulette.

Roulette yes, but can the roulette actually hit him?

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Edit: Just had a quick look at the YouTube Video for the Dominion Tower and noticed a Black Knight as one of the NPC's. He's not one of the main fighters though, possible one for the top floor? (Middle Left)

blackknight.png

I'm more interested in knowing what the huge red worm at the bottom is.

Pretty sure that's the Pest Queen.

Yeah its pest queen, only ones i can't name is the one to right of her behind nomad (though I'd hazard a guess its toktz-ket-dil) and the little blurry one at back between tumeken shadow and evlarg; really doesn't look familar

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Only some level 37 on official forums claiming to fight but die wouldn't make me believe yet. 10 level 110's instead, probably would.

Also, Accursed, Mod Emille's word means nothing if she's wrong. I want player confirmation.

Emilee's words mean a lot because she does her research and has never given out bad info to date.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah its pest queen, only ones i can't name is the one to right of her behind nomad (though I'd hazard a guess its toktz-ket-dil) and the little blurry one at back between tumeken shadow and evlarg; really doesn't look familar

TokTz-Ket-Dill, Arzinian Avatar.

6Ij0n.jpg

TokTz-Ket-Dill, Arzinian Avatar.

I thought that but in tht pic he seems very beige rather than grey/silver and yellow and looks too short.

I only just noticed dessous s in tht pic too, tucked behind the black knight just in front of Dad

edit: watched video and yeah deffo the arzian avatar and no dessous another random troll =S

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Emilee's words mean a lot because she does her research and has never given out bad info to date.

Hence why I'm only moderately unsure if the nomad is killable in the climber and not just a picture in the roulette. As you can see, both Woox and Castle Wars have obtained that title TWICE on the same minute, and that must come from only special fights, would rather not think that as a coincidence.

Them both being 'special' players would make me think jagex did something to give them these gloves.

I have done the special challenge (as you can see from my alog), but no set 1 unlock yet.

Neither has any other 'mortal' player.

hvXho.png

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Woox16 and Castle Wars haven't unlocked the Goliath Gloves, though, they've just had the set 1 listed on their Logs.

Interesting. Thanks a lot.

Edit, how'd you know that? :D

Doubting everyone today. Bleh.

Edit: found on a post on officials. Nvm.

Edited by Arthu

hvXho.png

w85p2012-1.png

I know fact woox said in cc that he hasnt defeated nomad. Amongst tons of other high profile people. (Such as castlewrs) Amongst hundreds of ingame and forum people who killed like 200, 300, 400, 500, 600+

I know of -no one- who has faced him. Just few rumours but absolutely no info on the gloves or pictures - Nothing.

Any info has nothing to back it up and seems mostly just confusion from other info available from jagex or stuff from like mod emilee etc.

..Btw not sure what mean by reference to adventure log but that 'list one' thing is simply the other two gloves - Though probably glitched. There are three of them - One being nomad requirement that people cant get. If could kill nomad aswell there would be three 'list one' thingy in adventure log.

(My own adventure log lists two of them when I got 500 kills. Thats the other two gloves/unlocks. Looks like adventure log info is bad atm. Meant to say something different to what it currently is probably.)

Well the way I view it:

Nomad is gonna be rare, very rare; hence why they are working on a tweak to make the special count.

And until fairly late yesterday it does seem he was entirely missing, but he is definitely showing up on endurance spinner now.

So it does seem he can appear in endurance, just that it is very rare hence no-one has encountered him so far; especially given that mod emilee confirmed he can

Plv6Dz6.jpg

*Waits patiently for atleast one person out of idk.. 100-500k people to get a picture of either nomad or gloves. (If manage kill him.)

Personally I hope they just 'tick him off' when you finish the special due to all this messing around now. I do personally think he is glitched and impossible to get. As someone would of got him by now and everyone would be going nuts over it. One of these people would start bragging about it. It does seem fair that killing 'two' nomads suffice as the requirement then bothering to find him in the other two game modes. (Whichever it be once its fixed.)

I rather not have to kill 200+ more just to find him after finished nearly everything else including the papers. This one updates I enjoyed but its a bit annoying having bugs preventing you progress requiring you to repeat content that takes hours.

I would thought something like this could of been hot fixed too maybe but idk. (Logging in issues must be a priority though - I can appreciate that.) Just hoping for sudden reports of nomad appearing or a game update so I can get last runefest monster on roof. Even if it is super rare it needs to be less rare than a champion scroll or remove the 5 minute introduction lol. That take probably years to ever find him. Gl not dc to death during the fight lol.

*Floor 4535 .. Nomad!* Yeees! *Super mario jump due to excitement* ... Dc-ing.. Accidentally hit quest tab too.. Appear in lobby.. Log back in to find out died and reset.

I would thought something like this could of been hot fixed too maybe but idk. Just hoping for sudden reports of nomad appearing or a game update so I can get last runefest monster on roof.

As usual, it might not be coded yet but jagex telling us that would give bad rep to them, releasing undone update.

hvXho.png

w85p2012-1.png

@Bazz half of what mod emilee confirmed was they are QAing a hotfix to make special count for nomad.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I would thought something like this could of been hot fixed too maybe but idk. Just hoping for sudden reports of nomad appearing or a game update so I can get last runefest monster on roof.

As usual, it might not be coded yet but jagex telling us that would give bad rep to them, releasing undone update.

+1

I agree. (Speculated in an earlier post ;)) Something due to runefest monster on top floor not being ready yet. (Fair enough but alot players keep killing things trying to get nomad and still no known reports lol.) I personally gave up aaaages ago. Began working on getting the papers instead once I unlocked every /other/ monster besides nomad.

Just speculation ofcourse... Jagex would never do such a thing =p However they probably should keep priority on fixing the logging in issues..while keeping us updated on accurate information about the tower so we aint wasting our time.

-

I know all about mod emilees post. Even erm.. I forget but either mod mark or mod mat quoted her. However what she said doesnt make sense to what people are reporting ingame. Im sure she isnt lying but doesnt mean she is right either. It might just be a second glitch/same one. They know of one glitch where he wont be selected in climb but they dont know of the second glitch that he wont appear on the other game mode either. Remembering that these people are just community people or whatever they call themselves rather than coders.

So I 'hope' it gets unlocked by the special double nomad. I wouldnt guarantee it until I see it. Seems hopeful they will though.

Began working on getting the papers instead once I unlocked every /other/ monster besides nomad.

Same here.

Tip for everyone who is hunting papers: Rather do 1 wave of Climber and reset, instead of Endurance. Almost 10x the score that way.

hvXho.png

w85p2012-1.png

I am still doubtful on nomad because as far as i can tell nomad is not on the spinner. I did a few endurance and recored the spin, slowed playback to get a good look at each boss available and did not see nomad on the list. Am I just unlucky or what?

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

On official forums, castle_wars' topic about the issue, by mod emilee:

Aha! I think the issue has finally been found!

Basically, one of the earlier fixes has managed to create errors. Is there a term for rarer than rare?! Well, that is what Nomad is.

Anyhow, Mod Tim has grovelled and has offered his sincere apologies. A new fix for Nomad (and his class A mates) in Endurance should be launched by the end of the day. In addition, we still intend on adding him to Special mode, although that has now taken a lower priority.

Apologies for the Nomad angst, you shall be seeing him soon!

Noticed and confirmed by Emilee and the team, finally.

hvXho.png

w85p2012-1.png

System update galore, I swear, unless they're hotfixing this :P At least they figured out it was an error on their part, not like they're trying to keep us from the Top.

... Or maybe they just finished the final boss?

6Ij0n.jpg

So the spellcaster gloves give you a magic damage bonus if you aren't wielding a staff? That sounds rather counterproductive to me. If it doesn't boost damage any more than 15%, it seems kinda useless. Can someone also check if the damage bonus still works if you're wielding a weapon other than a staff?

The swift gloves seem to have gotten the good end of the deal. While melee and magic need you to fight barehanded for their special effects, that's not the case with ranged. I mean, how would you fight barehanded with ranged, don't you need a weapon? Now that I'm thinking about it, there should be unarmed options for range combat. "Spit" and/or "throw pebbles"

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

It started off with me only playing this mini game for the gloves, Yet seeing how bad the stats are, and the "specials" if you can even call them that it's put me off.

Either way, only 13 more pages left to go untill full book. on a 35 chest dry streak at the moment. Then can finally see this new boss. Wouldn't be surprised if it somehow advertised RuneFest seeing as that was where it was created.

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!