01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finished it and I must say I found it an enjoyable update. (Except the page gathering needs a higher drop rate.) Its not finished as there is no final boss yet... >.> However I hope it does come soon. Its so enjoyable that I feel motivated to even bother giving an opinion on it. Must been over a year since I ever done that.... So I take that as a good sign. I took away alot my free time to get it done as soon as I could and that itself I havnt done in a long time either. I think the bot busting is getting to me on positive level knowing that most cheaters are in pain - Unrelated maybe but wtf.

I would of scored it 9.4/10. But due to bugs and unfinished content release I ganna score it a 8.2/10. (VERY generous due to bugs tbh. However I ganna cut some slack due to runefest.)

This is actual content I may sometimes return to ... but more than anything I think its brilliant way to show the game to people I know in rl when explaining what the game is. Even let them play since its a safe minigame. Its been a long long time since I ever encouraged anyone to play the game.. And while I still dont feel motivated to do that due to massively poor company decisions. I do think I can stop actively discouraging people whenever they express an interest when they see me playing - Maybe show them what its about - Mainly due to the bot busting recently and updates like this the game is becoming almost worth playing for a newbie again. The arena is a great place to show some combat in controlled environment and let them play tbh.

I quite pleased by content its just shame about the bugs.

[hide=Couple Pics]Dominiontowerroof7.png

Dominiontowerroof6.png[/hide]

Wow, the ape trio fight was actually challenging!

And I'm saying that after double Nomads.

Whatever the Summoning one was, well, she hits random Ranged splats when you have Deflect Magic on... :mellow:

I was down to her, basically, without much food left because of the red one (had monster stun on, specced green out :shades: ).

I guess I'd just recommend pulling out all the stops on this one if you get it in Climber. I didn't use brews/OVL/Summoning for one, lol.

Just killed Pest Queen! Same run, godawful having random stun on. Was also very challenging.

I've figured it out though - To get grade-A bosses, you seem to need to be on floor 7 and then floor 12-14.

That's the ONLY way so far that I've seen them (in climber).

I also fought Zen and one other in a different run using this 'method'.

Nice! The only one I need now is the Decaying Avatar.

2dgucz6.png

Yeah, I got landed with the 3 god-monkey-things with nearly all the handicaps, but I did have prayer. I got massacred after taking out Ayuni, but I might have been able to do it if I used a bit of strategy, which is a very welcome feeling when it comes to boss fights. Climber gets extremely challenging very quickly, but I think the three monkeys at the same time is the most interesting one. Putting them together in the same battle was a stroke of genius, but I think the frequency of stupidly easy guys like Count Draynor and Solus Dellagar, especially when an arbitrary 110 combat level cap has been put in, makes it a bit tedious. Have them as one-offs, breathers if you will, but don't repeat them.

The Dominion Tower is a really great concept, and a good implementation, but it needs tweaking and bug fixes. This is a prime example of a bit of content that could have done with a public beta.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Yeah, I got landed with the 3 god-monkey-things with nearly all the handicaps, but I did have prayer. I got massacred after taking out Ayuni, but I might have been able to do it if I used a bit of strategy, which is a very welcome feeling when it comes to boss fights. Climber gets extremely challenging very quickly, but I think the three monkeys at the same time is the most interesting one. Putting them together in the same battle was a stroke of genius, but I think the frequency of stupidly easy guys like Count Draynor and Solus Dellagar, especially when an arbitrary 110 combat level cap has been put in, makes it a bit tedious. Have them as one-offs, breathers if you will, but don't repeat them.

The Dominion Tower is a really great concept, and a good implementation, but it needs tweaking and bug fixes. This is a prime example of a bit of content that could have done with a public beta.

Agreed. I don't quite understand why they had the Runefest attendees test Dominion Tower two days before it was to be released. Funny thing is, Jagex got a lot of ideas from their make-shift beta testers, but they had absolutely no time to implement any of the suggestions!

One issue that I would really press is the opening cutscenes!! I understand that it's nice to have a dramatic entrance now and again, but every single fight does not need one. I can't imagine how much of my time scaling the Tower was spent watching the introductory scene before a battle commences. I don't need to see Delrith growl at me, Count Draynor taking note of his acute sense of smell, or Solus lying to me about his supposed "magical power" every single time I face them in battle! Shorten the cutscenes, or just give us an option to skip them entirely!

Stacking dominion weapons would be nice too. At least let us combine them, as these useless crossbows are taking up tons of space. "Just use them" you say? I wish I could, I'm only 85 ranged, and I'm seriously considering throwing these twiggerdly crossbows in the trash soon.

EDIT:

Here's a handy way to survive the dream monster endurance test. Monsters seem to make single file lines without much problem. I didn't even try to orchestrate this... they just kinda fell into place by themselves.

2uong5w.png

Then we shall fight in the shadow of a doubt?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Yeah the opening introductions (and the win animation to a smaller extent) take WAY too much time. Bosses like count draynor i'll spend 30 seconds waiting and 3 seconds fighting. They should make them skippable or only have it happen the first time on the boss or something.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Dream mentor endurance test is easy even without lining em up to wait it out; though it does require a small amount of luck.

Go in with EE and blood barrage.

Run right up in front of the inadequacy so everlasting and untouchable can't hit you.

Do an EE spec and keep clicking to cast blood barrage; between inadequacy + doubts you should stay alive; then as soon as inadequacy dies ruuuuuunnnnnn east then north to get untouchable stuck behind everlasting cause untouchable has a knack of 1 hit meleeing you if ur hp is low. Then with em line up blood barrage away, everlasting won't do much to you and untouchable will die before he does.

At this point you'll have like 3-4 minutes left on the clock which u can wait out or use to hunt out the elusive. I finished with like 30 seconds on the clock.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Dream mentor endurance test is easy even without lining em up to wait it out; though it does require a small amount of luck.

Run right up in front of the inadequacy so everlasting and untouchable can't hit you.

Do an EE spec and keep clicking to cast blood barrage; between inadequacy + doubts you should stay alive; then as soon as inadequacy dies ruuuuuunnnnnn east then north to get untouchable stuck behind everlasting cause untouchable has a knack of 1 hit meleeing you if ur hp is low. Then with em line up blood barrage away, everlasting won't do much to you and untouchable will die before he does.

At this point you'll have like 3-4 minutes left on the clock which u can wait out or use to hunt out the elusive. I finished with like 30 seconds on the clock.

I just ran around and sat down to rest at the food :smile:

I'm having trouble with pages didn't play much whilst waited for nomad to be fixed, 6 hours since nomad fix now and 1 page, ridiculous (that's with farming them).

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I just ran around and sat down to rest at the food :smile:

I'm having trouble with pages didn't play much whilst waited for nomad to be fixed, 6 hours since nomad fix now and 1 page, ridiculous (that's with farming them).

Nearly at 450 kills, got 6 pages. With a good chunk of doing 1 Climber floor and checking the chest. Getting really fed of hunting for them :(

I got 2 pages so far, just over 100 kills.\

1 page is so dumb it says:

"Oh they are(were?) siblings."

brackets cause memory fails me on are/were

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Really interested in hearing how much the Spellcaster Gloves increase hits.

A Surgebox hits 25% extra every 5th cast for ANY spell right? Seems like you could get exceptionally lucky and kill someone from full health if the effect is anywhere near as good as Goliath Gloves'.

2dgucz6.png

A Surgebox hits 25% extra every 5th cast for ANY spell right? Seems like you could get exceptionally lucky and kill someone from full health if the effect is anywhere near as good as Goliath Gloves'.

Magic was nerfed I believe the other week? 10% accuracy and 15% strength

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

What does everyone think on page collection then? Currently at 13 pages with 500+ kills and doing once floor of climber and then reseting each time.

Cant quite remember how many pages I've had from climber specifically, but could there be a limit to the number of pages you can get from each mode?

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

450 kills... one page...

trains2.png

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Wow that doesn't even match CStaff, much less beat it. Goliath Gloves got my hopes up but once again Magic comes in last huh...

2dgucz6.png

They never nerfed Magic.

Good news, everyone!

[hide=]25rzcap.jpg[/hide]

I finally got 500 kills and I claimed a pair of spellcaster and swift gloves. I tested out the spellcasters for about 1 hour (they still only say "slightly degraded" by the way) and I'm going to post what I've found.

Well, first of all, here's the stuff I was using against gargoyles:

-Fire surge (280 base damage)

-Full slayer helm (+15% damage on task)

-Arcane Stream (+15% damage)

-Ferocious ring (+40 damage)

-Magic potion boost (varies)

-Spellcaster gloves (not sure of the bonus of course!)

-NO staff

Please note: when the gloves' "special" activates, it will say so in the chat box along the lines of "Your magic spell surges with power" and/or "Your spell weakens the enemy"

Here are a few significant hits I dealt and my calculations:

-460 (max splat) at +5 magic level boost... I calculated the bonuses (280*15%*15%*15*+40) and it came out to be ~459, so I'm assuming the gloves did not have an affect here. The "surges with power" message did not pop up so I assume the damage bonus doesn't take effect otherwise

-458 damage (non-max splat) at +1 magic level boost... calc'd with (280*15%*15*3%+40) and I got ~421! This time, the message did pop up, so the damage boost seems to be at least 10%! I say at least, because this wasn't a max splat, so I could've hit higher for all I know.

I'll keep the info coming and maybe post some more later. But here's my impression on the spellcaster gloves:

The special doesn't activate very often, but it's common enough to be worth something. I'm still unsure of how powerful the "stat drain" effect is, and that could be significant. The higher magic bonus than barrows gloves is nice, so it's not necessary to use it without a staff for the specials. I have a theory that these gloves last longer when their special aren't activating compared to when that are, but I have no real basis, just an idea. I also tried using these gloves with a rapier equipped (technically not a staff) but the special effects didn't seem to activate, sadly.

They seem to last for a reasonable amount of time seeing as after an hour mine are still only "slightly degraded" but having to run back to the Tower (or teleport up to 3 times a day) would be a hassle, I imagine. Perhaps if we could have more than one pair at a time, I think these would certainly be worth using based on the stats alone!

trains2.png

How useful are the dominion markers?

They give +8 to att/str/def/range/mage when plonked down by certain bosses.

Could prove useful as a supply saver perhaps?

And best mage lvl boost in-game (only 7 for overload)

Plv6Dz6.jpg