01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower

Saradomin_Mage

When you enter, you feel your combat knowledge boosted, which increases your combat levels (my 99 stats went to 133)

topet.png

No combat XP for fighting these guys, and they respawn very quickly.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you enter, you feel your combat knowledge boosted, which increases your combat levels (my 99 stats went to 133)

topet.png

You didn't even show the best part (The clouds/sky). :P

I'd take a picture but I'm busy at the moment.

topet.png

Which challenge would this be? I have no idea.

On fight 9, a class A boss can show up. Pretty sure some other floors past 9 also host class A bosses.

EDIT : Think floor 7 works too.

You can get them on floor 6 and higher, not 1-5.

To back that up, I've had Pest Queen on 25 twice and I got Nomad on 48, idk what the other class A's are because I don't really pay attention to the tiers.

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

So far I can walk over all the normal boss fights with out using a single piece of food, but then I get Lovestory boss and 2 of RFD bosses (the draganoth and start draining team) and they drain my supply's in no time.

I dont know how to deal with them.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I quite liked this update overall, but looking at it now, it strikes me that the Tower is somewhat inflexible as far as adding future bosses to it. The gloves are based on the particular bosses, the bosses are already divided into classes with exactly 6 per class, there's a balance between the number of bosses and the number of handicaps, etc. Makes me sad if they don't come up with a way to add future bosses (or more past bosses).

podv4.png

I quite liked this update overall, but looking at it now, it strikes me that the Tower is somewhat inflexible as far as adding future bosses to it. The gloves are based on the particular bosses, the bosses are already divided into classes with exactly 6 per class, there's a balance between the number of bosses and the number of handicaps, etc. Makes me sad if they don't come up with a way to add future bosses (or more past bosses).

I fail to see this balance between number of bosses and handicaps you mentioned

48 bosses to 22 handicaps? There's no obvious ratio there, or any particularly reason for them to be in a ratio.

As for future expansions, game update FAQ said any bosses would be added in batches. So seems pretty simple:

1 batch contains the same number of bosses for each class - eg 1 A 1B 1C etc. or 2 or 3 or w/e

As for gloves being tied to specific bosses, so? They are already tied to specific bosses and don't include EVERY boss in there. So what does it matter if there's a bunch more bosses to bash around not on the lists?

And there's always the potential for new rewards to be added, nearly every mini-game activity in-game has had its rewards expanded at some point or another.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So it'll be released in 3 years when JaGEx feels they have the graphical resources for it... :wall:

I thought they were waiting for Woox to get to fight him first, but [Woox] has definitely already completed the tower, so I've no idea...

2dgucz6.png

I love this update (however horrible I am at it). My only issue is that you have to unlock bosses via climber/endurance/special to fight them in freestyle. What gives? Unless they count as a boss kill, I think fighting them (without any reward) without the need for unlocks is decent enough. Could someone enlighten me on this?

So it'll be released in 3 years when JaGEx feels they have the graphical resources for it... :wall:

I thought they were waiting for Woox to get to fight him first, but [Woox] has definitely already completed the tower, so I've no idea...

To be fair to jagex, depending on how epic this boss is its gonna take at least a fortnight-month to code and sculpt it. I'd expect it to turn up sometime between now and early december.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sky

BRzcv.png

132 Magic :shock: That 1125 with Storm of Armadyl :blink:

If that's counting the each level = 3% damage, that doesn't apply after +7 levels sadly. :(

But the SoA and Slayer Dart damage per level increase does work... Not sure the max but i'm guessing a lot lower than 1125.

CNqWHdA.jpg

It's not that fun.

Huge waste of resources and the rewards are worthless as usual.

At least the quest they just released was decent.

They need to do more of that and less of WOWscape.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I find any notion of rs copying WOW lol worthy.

Every single update made to any MMORPG these days bears similarities to something in another game. It's just a fact there's only so many possible stories and ideas to implement and with thousands of these games out there for like 2or 3 decades its all been done before.

And it doesn't devalue the content in anyway; its like with writing they say there's no new stories just new ways of telling them which is perfectly true because as one of the Greeks pointed out any story out there can be boiled down to be based upon a mixture of like 5 basic stories that have been written for centuries. Yet theres still plenty of books published each year that are worth reading.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

They need to do more of that and less of WOWscape.

H4Eo4.jpg

No--but really, why not both? Dom tower wasn't that bad, and it can be expanded easily. Some of the ideas WoW has aren't that bad. Certainly don't hear anyone whining about the Grand Exchange...

hzvjpwS.gif

I sure hope that the released 'dominion tower guide' wil actually provide some info on the best setup in the future for endurance mode and the special mode.

I haven't been able to kill pest queen in any of three tries whereas in the quest I had no problem with her at all. I can't seem to put my finger on it but everytime she is hurt 20-25% healers re-appear and heal her almost completely. Am I doing something wrong?

Also some decent advice and setup for the monkey god trio would be nice. First time there I killed two but dc-ed (guess I was lucky with being behind pillar and only fighting one at a time basically) and the next time in I got pwned hard.

The other bosses basically are the same to me as during their respective quests so I don't really have a problem with those.

So, please advice on:

- pest queen

- monkey god trio

Pest queen: do you switch weapons or use korasi only? Pray mage only or prayer switch with ss? Need spec restore pots? Kill the defilers I guess ASAP? What familiar?

Monkey god trio: what gear, setup, familiar? Also what strategy: which to lure, which to kill first, what to pray... etc

Thanks inadvance! :mrgreen:

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]