01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower

Saradomin_Mage

I'm pretty disappointed that you have to randomly encounter the tough bosses in Climber mode and beat them with who-knows-what handicaps before you can fight them in Freestyle. The trouble is, in order to balance Climber mode, they can't show up too often, or it would be a pain in the patella to face them repeatedly...but if they're too rare, now it's unlocking them that's a pain in the patella, because it's so rare to see them in the first place, and when you do see them, there's as good a chance as not that you'll be afflicted with a bunch of handicaps that let them kill you easily. And the 110 combat thing seems extraneous...if Joe-Bob McNoobyPants wants to re-fight Elvarg, why should we stop him? And why putz around with this "three teleports a day" business instead of just giving us unlimited teleports? It worked for the Ring of Kinship, didn't it? Also, whose bright idea was it to let the stupid "I have 25k life" Avatar in? It's like the least fun boss fight ever. It just soaks up damage forever until it dies. Even if you aren't in Random Freezing mode, and you get to kick down the roots before it eats them, it's still the most long and boring fight ever. And all those low-level bosses are, well, frankly, they're just embarrassing. Solus Dellagar without his magic is just sad. Haunted Mine Dude's whole point is that he's an environmental boss, so putting him in an empty room defeats the whole purpose.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty disappointed that you have to randomly encounter the tough bosses in Climber mode and beat them with who-knows-what handicaps before you can fight them in Freestyle. The trouble is, in order to balance Climber mode, they can't show up too often, or it would be a pain in the patella to face them repeatedly...but if they're too rare, now it's unlocking them that's a pain in the patella, because it's so rare to see them in the first place, and when you do see them, there's as good a chance as not that you'll be afflicted with a bunch of handicaps that let them kill you easily. And the 110 combat thing seems extraneous...if Joe-Bob McNoobyPants wants to re-fight Elvarg, why should we stop him? And why putz around with this "three teleports a day" business instead of just giving us unlimited teleports? It worked for the Ring of Kinship, didn't it? Also, whose bright idea was it to let the stupid "I have 25k life" Avatar in? It's like the least fun boss fight ever. It just soaks up damage forever until it dies. Even if you aren't in Random Freezing mode, and you get to kick down the roots before it eats them, it's still the most long and boring fight ever. And all those low-level bosses are, well, frankly, they're just embarrassing. Solus Dellagar without his magic is just sad. Haunted Mine Dude's whole point is that he's an environmental boss, so putting him in an empty room defeats the whole purpose.

I completely agree. I'm finding the tower to be quite bland, but it has plenty of potential if they're willing to tweak it.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Boss wise, all i have left are:

Nomad

Pest Queen (And Drones)

Eruni, Ayuni and Leeuni

Zenevivia

Dagganoth Mother #2

The Untouchable

Nezikchened

Tumeken's Shadow

Does anyone know what game type you have to play to face these guys (And Girls)

I'm currently 167 Boss Kills

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

The monkeys, pest queen, Zenevivia, Dag mother #2 can be found on Climber mode, while the rest can be found on endurance mode!

Also, has anybody managed to find any journal pages yet?

If so, any idea how rare they actually are?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

They had two system updates this morning that would fix the log in issues people are having.

Still locked out/getting kicked back in lobby. <_<

From looks of things, I will know how to tackle tower effectively will all the info I am reading.

gloves1.png

Nobody can seem to get nomad, so I can't get the melee gloves for now. The gloves come in black, white, yellow, and red, and you can get 1 pair of gloves (exclusively) per 5 floors you complete after getting 500 boss kills. So, it actually took 510 kills to get these 2 pairs. I haven't tested the durability, but the gloves are relatively easy to obtain (3-5 mins per pair after initial cost). You can only own 1 pair of each type of gloves at a time, but you can stack available gloves. This could be a hassle for slayer training, as you only get 3 teleports to the tower per day. Note the gloves aren't bugged; that's my char model.

I also have 6 journal pages, which isn't even half. It seems to be around a 1/16 chance per time you open the chest, so in theory, it is best to do 1-2 floors, open chest, and repeat. I don't know if Nomad is restricted to certain climber levels, so I was going from anywhere between 6 and 12, depending on my handicaps, before resetting.

Dreadnips are kinda neat. They aren't quite a familiar but act like a very short-lasting familiar. They poison for 110 damage, deal melee damage for up to a little over 300, and can bind an enemy. They work in single combat, but it is very buggy, and they seem to take the monster's aggressiveness away. This could be useful.

The ascendancy mines are interesting also. You can lay up to 2 per minute and deal ~1/5 of a monster's hp in damage. It doesn't work on bosses, but the notable feature about these is that they do not cause a monster to become aggressive on you. Again, could be useful, but I can't think of much right now.

lalalasig2.png

Boss wise, all i have left are:

Nomad

Pest Queen (And Drones)

Eruni, Ayuni and Leeuni

Zenevivia

Dagganoth Mother #2

The Untouchable

Nezikchened

Tumeken's Shadow

Does anyone know what game type you have to play to face these guys (And Girls)

I'm currently 167 Boss Kills

The monkeys, pest queen, Zenevivia, Dag mother #2 can be found on Climber mode, while the rest can be found on endurance mode!

Also, has anybody managed to find any journal pages yet?

If so, any idea how rare they actually are?

Drazhar's statement is correct, though it seems Nomad can only appear in his special challenge (and then free style); which makes sense if you think about it. He'd be near impossible in endurance in later floors; or in early floors would heavily reduce your longevity. In climber with almsot any handicap he'd be border-line impossible.

Plus 46 kills, 1 journal page.

@Rocked why is getting nomad stopping melee gloves? The unlocks say 500 kills from the list, while nomad is on the list he is not alone on it and nothing says you HAVE to kill all on the list.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

@Rocked why is getting nomad stopping melee gloves? The unlocks say 500 kills from the list, while nomad is on the list he is not alone on it and nothing says you HAVE to kill all on the list.

The unlock requirement is 500 boss kills including all bosses from the given list. To unlock a boss for free style, you have to defeat it in climber or endurance (special does not count, I've done all those).

lalalasig2.png

The unlock requirement is 500 boss kills including all bosses from the given list. To unlock a boss for free style, you have to defeat it in climber or endurance (special does not count, I've done all those).

Really? Cause wording says "500 kills from set x" (x being 1 2 or 3) then the list shows what is in that set.

Unless jagex has done something mental that just reads as it should be 500 from the specific list.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just confirming for anyone interested that its possible to get pages doing only one match. (Aswell as dominion items..)

If its practical method of getting them idk but I know I did 100+ and only got 'one' - So for me im just presuming its capped at one. Even /if/ there is a higher chance. There are alot of them to get...

I still havnt heard anyone fighting nomad. (You cannot fight nomad freestyle by doing 2x nomad. Has to be one of the two game modes - He doesnt exist it seems lol. Making it impossible to finish..It seems..Atm.)

Really? Cause wording says "500 kills from set x" (x being 1 2 or 3) then the list shows what is in that set.

Unless jagex has done something mental that just reads as it should be 500 from the specific list.

It says 'Kill 500 bosses AND all from set x' (x being 1, 2 or 3)

So all you need to do is kill 500 bosses and what is then listed next to it as it tells you what is in the set.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

It says 'Kill 500 bosses AND all from set x' (x being 1, 2 or 3)

So all you need to do is kill 500 bosses and what is then listed next to it as it tells you what is in the set.

Wow I musta mis-read

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Great, so getting gloves is actually pretty luck based as getting any group A bosses to show up in climber (for me anyway) has proved to be almost impossible. Not to mention that by the time I do get one I'll probably be severly gimped by like 10+ handicaps.

Sylpheed.png

Great, so getting gloves is actually pretty luck based as getting any group A bosses to show up in climber (for me anyway) has proved to be almost impossible. Not to mention that by the time I do get one I'll probably be severly gimped by like 10+ handicaps.

Pest queen on 12 handicaps wasn't the most fun battle. I'd say just leave and restart around 10.

lalalasig2.png

People are questioning whether they are gonna fix Pest Queen and Sigmund because they are quite literally impossible without special attack. Seems like a bit of an stupid oversight to include bosses in climber that aren't possible with the no special handicap; they need to make it so korsari and ancient mace specs can work on them inspite of handicap.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Oddly, the special attacks seem to work some times, and not work at other times. I managed to use Korasi's sword's spec normally, when I picked up the sword off the floor, even though I had specs disabled. However, some other guy I spectated had specs disabled, and he couldn't use the sword's spec, even the one off the ground.

Needs more fixing.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The crossbow does not require ammunition but it does not have ranged strength. The best way to use it is to equip a single onyx bolt (e) (the specials won't activate but it'll take the ranged strength).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Some random notes:

-You CANNOT use your own balmung or silver/darklight or korasi.

-The crossbow is very common, degrades very fast, and DOES NOT consume bolts. I have no idea what it's range strength is.

-On Endurance, you cannot get class A bosses: Nomad, Do no evil, zeneviva, decaying avatar, nomad, and dagganoth mother 2.

Not all at once for the handicaps, just once ever. Not sure if you have to win a fight for it to count. Here's the list, IN ORDER, if you nudge, it goes down the list.

No special

Random Daze

Reduced Magic Defence

Poison

Reduced range defence

No power ups

No potions

Life Saver

Reduced Melee Attack

No Shield

No food

Reduced Melee Defence

Random Freeze

Halved LP

No Body Armor

Reduced Range Attack

No familiar

Monster Stun

No Prayers

Slippery Fingers

Reduced Magic Attack

Disease

Very handy list.

Indeed. There should be another way to unlock them.

gloves1.png

Nobody can seem to get nomad, so I can't get the melee gloves for now. The gloves come in black, white, yellow, and red, and you can get 1 pair of gloves (exclusively) per 5 floors you complete after getting 500 boss kills. So, it actually took 510 kills to get these 2 pairs. I haven't tested the durability, but the gloves are relatively easy to obtain (3-5 mins per pair after initial cost). You can only own 1 pair of each type of gloves at a time, but you can stack available gloves. This could be a hassle for slayer training, as you only get 3 teleports to the tower per day. Note the gloves aren't bugged; that's my char model.

I also have 6 journal pages, which isn't even half. It seems to be around a 1/16 chance per time you open the chest, so in theory, it is best to do 1-2 floors, open chest, and repeat. I don't know if Nomad is restricted to certain climber levels, so I was going from anywhere between 6 and 12, depending on my handicaps, before resetting.

Dreadnips are kinda neat. They aren't quite a familiar but act like a very short-lasting familiar. They poison for 110 damage, deal melee damage for up to a little over 300, and can bind an enemy. They work in single combat, but it is very buggy, and they seem to take the monster's aggressiveness away. This could be useful.

The ascendancy mines are interesting also. You can lay up to 2 per minute and deal ~1/5 of a monster's hp in damage. It doesn't work on bosses, but the notable feature about these is that they do not cause a monster to become aggressive on you. Again, could be useful, but I can't think of much right now.

Have you tried fighting "unarmed" with the gloves? I remember in the BTS they mentioned something about the gloves giving new unarmed combat options. And just to clarify... you can get the gloves after defeating 5 bosses after first unlocking them? Is it a random chance to get them in the chest, or can you claim them from the giant face? And can you use the Dreadnips and mines outside of Dominion Tower? You say the mine "doesn't work on bosses" and I can't imagine how it could be limited to the tower if it doesn't work on bosses.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000