01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any tips on how to do "You'll never defeat me" special event - the one with Dream mentor bosses?

I get killed after 10 seconds.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Don't stand around waiting to get pummeled - keep moving. Try to jam all the high levelled guys behind one of the Doubts, as they're pathetically weak.

Scorpion meat spawns throughout the challenge, which helps out.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I also just noticed the gloves were 103kg :unsure:

I would guess he has stuff in his invent too.

I like the fact this has made me realise there are loads of major quests I still need to do and my QP is reasonable. Not really played much but from what I've seen screenie/vid-wise I wouldn't get too far without better gear and potions.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

Thanks, it was very easy actually :)

I just fire surged the hard hitting ones and sat away from the big one after they were dead.

He doesn't attack if you don't attack him.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Gib 4xNomad Boss fight challenge pls

This. I mgiht actually have to use a yak and armour.

"Most Nomads killed in an hour"

"Most Nomads killed without banking or restoring between kills"

4 Nomads is just boring.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

So does that means gloves can't be adquired right now, or just a different way to get them being added soon?

The info on the tower itself is misleading, if you check freestyle when you pick a boss you haven't unlocked yet, it says you must unlock him/her on climber OR endurance. But in reality, some must be unlocked on climber so you can get them on both, and some must be unlocked on endurance, so you can get them on both. I got them all but nomad, so it would be really nice to know if we can even unlock him outside of the special which doesn't count for well... anything.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

I love Melza the Mad's voice over.

BY THE POWER OF CUSTARD!

As for bosses only Nomad, Pest Queen and the 3 monkeys left to fight. (Uni's)

Interested to see how this Single nomad will turn out.

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

So does that means gloves can't be adquired right now, or just a different way to get them being added soon?

The info on the tower itself is misleading, if you check freestyle when you pick a boss you haven't unlocked yet, it says you must unlock him/her on climber OR endurance. But in reality, some must be unlocked on climber so you can get them on both, and some must be unlocked on endurance, so you can get them on both. I got them all but nomad, so it would be really nice to know if we can even unlock him outside of the special which doesn't count for well... anything.

The way I read it:

Atm Nomad special does not count towards the set list required to unlock melee gloves; he only counts in endurance mode where he rarely appears.

Gonna be changed so Nomad special counts towards set list.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

LMFAO!!! EPIC WIN!

Shame he is still or was only 5th Place in the ranks when I checked a few hours ago.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/c=mufM80lG9RI/woox16-vs-dominion-tower-fight

EDIT: and rightly so, he is already up to rank 2. How perfect is that. Lol

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

So what would people say is the best way to get the Journal Notes? Still haven't had any. :S (Almost at 100 kills now. Gonna be doing Endurance after I get back from snacking).

So what would people say is the best way to get the Journal Notes? Still haven't had any. :S (Almost at 100 kills now. Gonna be doing Endurance after I get back from snacking).

Like to know this too, currently on 230 kills and 0 Notes.

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

LMFAO!!! EPIC WIN!

Shame he is still or was only 5th Place in the ranks when I checked a few hours ago.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/c=mufM80lG9RI/woox16-vs-dominion-tower-fight

EDIT: and rightly so, he is already up to rank 2. How perfect is that. Lol

Didn't he say in an interview that he was quitting :rolleyes:

So:

Gameplay wise:

The tower is immensely fun, apart from a few serious handicap bugs.

Reward wise:

Totally fail. The gloves are nothing to write home about (Goliath only has +1 on Barrows gloves, the other 2 have such little defences you might as well stick to Barrows gloves) and the weapons seem to last too short to do anything. The XP Tome is inefficient.

Handicap bugs:

These handicaps should NOT be given to the following bosses:

- Random freeze - Decaying Avatar

- No special attack - Sigmund + Pest Queen

- No shield + No potions - Elvarg

Any I missed?

Proposed reward change:

- Make the weapons significantly rarer (maybe add the requirement to tie them only to 10+ Climber/20+ Endurance chests) but make them permanent.

- Goliath gloves should have +3 on Barrows.

- Swift gloves and Spellcaster gloves need to at least share Goliath's defences.

- Spellcaster should have a Magic damage boost akin to Arcane stream.

- Reward tomes should at least have 50% more XP added to them, maybe even double what they are now. Add Summoning.

----------

That's what I feel, anyway.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]