Woox16 advertised on the main rs page

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's like 15 years old isn't he? When he quit I stopped caring, and haven't started now that Jagex is blowing his trumpet. Only reason Jagex did this is to give Woox a bigger e-peen (not that he needs an ego boost).

I find it ridiculous and sad in equal measure.

No real opinion to be honest. I've heard of him before but never bothered to see his videos.

Curious how far he'll get, but it doesn't seem like a big deal compared to his other exploits, controversial or not. Might even check up on his videos some other time. :)

This is a silly little scheme if ever I saw one. Suppose they want it to balance out with Jiblix's e-fame for reasons that didn't do them many favours.

LOL at trying to find a pathetic reason behind what they do. Seriously, I thought this place had grown up...Even just a little.

Anyway, news post doesn't really interest me. But it's nice to see they're getting involved.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Eh, they've already endorsed specific players by partnering with Tehnoobshow for that one machinima competition, I don't particularly care one way or the other but I don't think they're being hypocrites.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Famous player bug abuses Nex and doesnt get banned, some random player bug abuses 8m magic xp in an hour by Jagex's mistake and gets rolled back.

Jagex logic.

People have been 'abusing the bug' that is controlling how a creature reacts to your movement since classic. Woox has done it before expertly so on the KBD and no one screamed bug abuse, they just said "Whoa that was a really entertaining video, it must take great skill to manipulate the KBD like that"

At this point, it's pretty much a game mechanic and it will not be fixed in RS2. It takes a lot of skill to do, which is much better than just calling in a team of boring people to stand attack and eat in a fashion a 2 year old could master.

Earning obscene amounts of experience through a glitch is a totally different thing and you know it. If woox was caught doing that he would be banned or rolled just the same.

I don't understand why so many people are outraged, is this jealousy or 'jagex did something, time to complain' syndrome?

CNqWHdA.jpg

sure a lot of people are jealous

lol

What else would you call it when people are incessantly whining about how he doesn't deserve it because of using a bug. Blah Blah Blah, omg player getting recognized by Jagex, that player is not me so I am going to go rage at everyone. All I see is jealously and bitterness on the forums from those who believed they were so pro but Jagex recognized someone else. I am talking about RSOF btw, I don't think most of tip.it even cares.

sure a lot of people are jealous

lol

What else would you call it when people are incessantly whining about how he doesn't deserve it because of using a bug. Blah Blah Blah, omg player getting recognized by Jagex, that player is not me so I am going to go rage at everyone. All I see is jealously and bitterness on the forums from those who believed they were so pro but Jagex recognized someone else. I am talking about RSOF btw, I don't think most of tip.it even cares.

I like the idea of Jagex working together with players more, but why Woox? He's already well known enough already, if you're going to give someone a boost in popularity, why waste it on some over rated boss hunter? I guess it coincides with Dominion Tower's release, seeing as he's apparently so great at (exploiting bugs to help in) beating bosses, but it's really just a waste of time.

Find us some unrecongized talent, not feeding the ego of some 12 year old bug abuser.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Jagex needs to start advertising the best dngers' vids too, this is discrimination

What I find interesting about the best dngers is that I don't think Jagex intended for dungeons to be rushed for exp. I think they wanted people to take time to skill, use the resources in the dungeon, and do whatever they can to make the boss battle easier. Rushing through a dungeon paying no attention to anything but doors and keys just doesn't seem like what Jagex wanted for the skill. Of course, what they wanted and what players do are rarely the same, and what they wanted I'm sure matters less to the players, but I find dungeon rushes interesting in that way. Woox's boss fights may also not fit Jagex's definition of what they wanted, so my point may be invalid. But still. It makes me sad that rushes are the primary way that people dungeoneer, even though there is so much to a dungeon that just gets ignored. :(

Flyingjj.png

I like the idea of Jagex working together with players more, but why Woox? He's already well known enough already, if you're going to give someone a boost in popularity, why waste it on some over rated boss hunter? I guess it coincides with Dominion Tower's release, seeing as he's apparently so great at (exploiting bugs to help in) beating bosses, but it's really just a waste of time.

Find us some unrecongized talent, not feeding the ego of some 12 year old bug abuser.

Easier to market woox, a well-known player than Jonny Nobody who even less people give a flying [bleep] about.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

WHERE'S ZEZIMA'S FRONT PAGE POST??

I don't really see the point of this, though.

Is this supposed to help people know how to fight the bosses? Because if you CAN fight a boss in the Dominion Tower, you've already beaten them before and should already know how.

Maybe this is why they intentionally blocked Nomad - so that Woox could be the first to 'complete' the tower. Conspiracy theories abound!

I'm really not trying to sound petty. But do you think I could get my own mention? I have a super effective method for defeating almost every boss in the tower. (Hint: It involves equipping Dragon Claws and clicking "Special attack" twice!)

In sum the only thing that'll interest me is him fighting the final boss, since that's the only actual new one to be found.

EDIT

The official thread for this is kinda entertaining though. It mainly consists of people speaking out against/attempting to correct everything JaGEx is heralding Woox for, and little gems like this:

k3rbix.png

2dgucz6.png