Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vanity Items - RS Prepaid cards and Ornate Katana

• Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

Articultural
[ Display Name History ]

Articultural

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Posted Image

Came out today with the Troll Invasion, wasn't posted in the newspost or mentioned by Jagex on the forums, seems like they were trying to keep it quiet.

Direct link to articles here: http://www.runescape...ard_promo_items

FAQ came out, pasted relevant part.

"Why were the vanity items not announced via a newspost?"

Mod Nexus: They were not officially announced as the promotion hasn’t been launched yet. Watch this space!

"Why did you make vanity items only attainable through game cards? Will they be available via other methods of payment?"

Mod Nexus: The Katana is going to be used for a promotional period with game cards to begin with; and will be used for other offers in the future (including other payment methods).

"How long will the Katana offer be available for?"

Mod Nexus: The Katana can and will be used for future promotional offers, but they will not run 365 days of the year.

"Why do short-term game cards qualify for the katana, whereas loyal members that pay for year-long subscriptions get nothing?"

Mod Nexus: As mentioned above, other offers and promotions will become available. Also, don’t forget about the upcoming Members Loyalty program!

"Is this the beginning of introducing micro transactions to the game?"

Mod Nexus: This isn’t a micro transaction. You are paying for membership and a whole host of other benefits. A micro transaction would be “give us $2 and we’ll give you a cabbage” (regardless of free or members).

Please note, a separate FAQ will be posted once the promotion has been launched (June 20th).

Posted Image

SirHartlar
[ Display Name History ]

SirHartlar

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,692 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
People that pay with other methods should surely be able to access these items as well... :???:

Master_Smither
[ Display Name History ]

Master_Smither

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,267 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Runescapew44
New items for people who use a more expensive way of purchasing membership (compared to credit cards) :roll: :wink:
Click for My Blog

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy
Really... REALLY?

Area-specific holiday items?
And people were annoyed about the loyalty program.

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB

People that pay with other methods should surely be able to access these items as well... :???:

My thoughts as well... I'm not liking this at all at the moment :mellow:

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers

New items for people who use a more expensive way of purchasing membership (compared to credit cards) :roll: :wink:

RS micro-transactions anyone? No wonder they didn't announce this. <.<

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Kietaro1
[ Display Name History ]

Kietaro1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • RSN:Kiettaro
But since the cards are more expensive (possibly due to overhead or logistics reasons) maybe Jagex is trying to meet players half way by giving them something a little extra for paying that higher price.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB
This almost reminds me a game I played about a year ago called 'Runes of magic' You would buy a type of currency called 'diamonds' and then use the diamonds to buy items in the shop that served no purpose other then decoration. I wasn't a huge fan of it, and to think runescape would do something like this just doesn't seem right in my opinion. Whatever works for them though :mellow:

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Articultural
[ Display Name History ]

Articultural

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 516 posts
The items aren't solely cosmetic though, at the moment the Ornate Katana is the best weapon if you're 1 Attack and Strength.

Posted Image

Howlin0001
[ Display Name History ]

Howlin0001

Howlin Wowlin

• Website Crew
  • 3,627 posts
  • RSN:Howlin1

How much a month are those cards?
I pay by sms and that's €9.50 a month.

Also isn't this RWT?

Posted Image

Frede173
[ Display Name History ]

Frede173

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • RSN:Frede173
As long as these "vanity items" don't have OP stats I don't care.
Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts

But since the cards are more expensive (possibly due to overhead or logistics reasons) maybe Jagex is trying to meet players half way by giving them something a little extra for paying that higher price.

Cards are more expensive because the store has to earn money/pay for transport as far as I know.
The idea isn't popular on the RSOF either. It might make them some money, but they lost even more respect just by adding it.

I liked a quote I read: "All members are equal... but some Members are more equal than others."

Logdotzip
[ Display Name History ]

Logdotzip

THAT ONE CLIMBING BOOTS GUY

• Members
  • 1,150 posts
  • RSN:Logdotzip
not surprised

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts
2 words, Bunny ears :) gg vanity items
Posted Image

K4ylan
[ Display Name History ]

K4ylan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,924 posts
  • RSN:Harpy Priest
  • Clan:Harpies
I assume vanity items means they won't have any stats and just be for looks, so it won't really affect the game that much.

Is it really so bad that a few select people can get some cool looking items that they'll wear for a day, then let t collect dust in their bank?

Hameigh
[ Display Name History ]

Hameigh

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 159 posts
They say vanity items, yet the example in the KB has stats. This worries me a lot since money affecting ingame more than just membership is one of the very few things that could make me quit.
Posted Image

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
I don't think my country even sells RS game cards ...

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts

Is it really so bad that a few select people can get some cool looking items that they'll wear for a day, then let t collect dust in their bank?

Scythe's and Bunny Ears you say? Yes, I think it's bad that your payment option decides if you get free items or not.

K4ylan
[ Display Name History ]

K4ylan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,924 posts
  • RSN:Harpy Priest
  • Clan:Harpies
So far, the only item in the KB is a nice looking bronze longsword. Although the KB is hardly ever accurate, it still shows that there's nothing special with the new items.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
This just doesn't make sense.

I tried writing up an elaborate post that went into much detail as possible but I'm so stunned by it that words fail me.

hzvjpwS.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users