25-Nov-2011 Quick Poll: RuneFest 2012 Location

Mercifull

I apologize for reviving an old topic, but it completely skipped my mind that in America-land, it'll exclude those between the ages of 13-20, given that alcohol laws are more restrictive in the USA.

Is this a significant factor that players have neglected?

This is very true never thought of that!

As far as I am aware Britain is one of the most lenient with the drinking age; most other countries (particularly english speaking ones) are 21 opposed to 18.

It's 19 in most of Canada, but only 18 in Quebec. Quick, to Montreal! :grin:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize for reviving an old topic, but it completely skipped my mind that in America-land, it'll exclude those between the ages of 13-20, given that alcohol laws are more restrictive in the USA.

As far as I am aware Britain is one of the most lenient with the drinking age; most other countries (particularly english speaking ones) are 21 opposed to 18.

It's 19 in most of Canada, but only 18 in Quebec. Quick, to Montreal! :grin:

Actually -- as much as I love Montreal -- I think, Quebec City would be a far more appropriate venue. At least in terms of atmosphere and ambience ...

:thumbsup:

nyuseg.png

It would likely be handled the same way concerts are--you get a wristband if you're over 21 along with an ink stamp. If you have them both, you can be served alcohol with an ID. If not, you're S.O.L.

Honestly it's not really an issue.

hzvjpwS.gif

Speaking to a jmod this year they said they decided not to go with the wristbands to show ages as it was easier to just let the bar staff check ID if appropriate etc.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Another plus for the Netherlands, age 16 for wine and beer (and rum-coke, but not for rum alone, so you must buy it mixed iirc).

But on a more serious note, the Netherlands would be a good place. Decent train connections with Paris and Berlin etc., most of Europe.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It would likely be handled the same way concerts are--you get a wristband if you're over 21 along with an ink stamp. If you have them both, you can be served alcohol with an ID. If not, you're S.O.L.

Somehow girlfriend, I think they've missed this point and the similar one I made ... :rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

Somehow girlfriend, I think they've missed this point and the similar one I made ... :rolleyes:

Did not miss anything, you state this as if we are incapable of applying such a system in the UK.

The fact remains that Jagex chose to age restrict things based on drinking, admittedly I was not aware they had changed this policy this year, but still based on my knowledge at the time there was no reason to assume Jagex would diverge from their prior policy of drinking age+

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well I'm sure glad that's straightened out.

Is it?

Looks to me like the Euros are all pissed about NYC leading the poll and they're so worried that Jagex is going to move Runefest to an American venue that they're making up any reason they can to alter the poll result ...

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

Tbh, I can think of a LOT of reasons why this event should not be held in New York or anywhere else in 'merica...

The only reason to actually hold it there is to give the 'mericans a taste of it, and the London 2012 games are a good excuse to not have it in London...

But... I'm spilling awesome article material here, so... wait and see :D

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

It could be possibly cheaper to run it in America at a semi-large venue. If you were to get a larger venue, offer more tickets, and get some sponsorship, you could possibly offset all costs. I looked into throwing a World of Warcraft LAN party at a local coliseum in Nashville. It would've cost 30,000 dollars (for the space and equipment rental) for a 3 days and enough space for 1000 people (with room to spare). This also included a food court area, a stage, and a place for VIP and staff to chill. Now, I could've contacted Pepsi Co and local Pizza places as well as various tech and game companies like razer, alienware, etc. They could provide enough money as well as free advertising tools and products to give away to only bring the cost per person to a minimum. Granted, it might be more expensive in Chicago or New York, but if Jagex looks to some outside agencies for sponsoring, it could be well worth it.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Jagex is a British firm, London makes the most sense.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Not if there is enough demand for a RuneFest somewhere else. Very possible that it would have a lot more players attend at other locations. For example if it was in LA, I would likely consider going, as I live on the west coast of the US. That would be quite enjoyable. I have not considered going to London because the cost is much higher for me.

London makes sense on some levels. But if enough other players wanted to go to a specific location that could be come a possibility.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

If China made up 70-90% of Blizzards player base you better believe that BlizzCon would be in Beijing.

It's not as if Blizzard would lose players by not hosting it in Beijing. It makes sense to host it at "home", where they can have as many of their staff attending as possible.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

If China made up 70-90% of Blizzards player base you better believe that BlizzCon would be in Beijing.

It's not as if Blizzard would lose players by not hosting it in Beijing. It makes sense to host it at "home", where they can have as many of their staff attending as possible.

It's not about the staff. It's about the players. They want it for the advertising, the revenue, and the good press. The more kids they can draw with daddy's money (or their own) the better for them.

hzvjpwS.gif

It's not about the staff. It's about the players. They want it for the advertising, the revenue, and the good press. The more kids they can draw with daddy's money (or their own) the better for them.

Absolutely, but there is no denying one of the key reasons to go to Runefest is the opportunity to chat to the developers/Jmods/people. So again, holding RF stateside with the same amount of JMods attending would have a massive "cost", not only moneywise but also time/manhours.

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

So again, holding RF stateside with the same amount of JMods attending would have a massive "cost", not only moneywise but also time/manhours.

Cost being the real and only reason, rather than manhours that would have been spent regardless, traveling anywhere other than London.

hzvjpwS.gif

So again, holding RF stateside with the same amount of JMods attending would have a massive "cost", not only moneywise but also time/manhours.

Cost being the real and only reason, rather than manhours that would have been spent regardless, traveling anywhere other than London.

Also issues with things such as visas would give a whole bunch of headaches. There's no way they'd get the same number of Jagex Staff there and thus the experience would be less for what most people want.

Its been there for past 2 Years so making a Poll for USA Cities is a Good idea.

Not if there is enough demand for a RuneFest somewhere else. Very possible that it would have a lot more players attend at other locations. For example if it was in LA, I would likely consider going, as I live on the west coast of the US. That would be quite enjoyable. I have not considered going to London because the cost is much higher for me.

London makes sense on some levels. But if enough other players wanted to go to a specific location that could be come a possibility.

True ^

NEW YORK IN 2012 :thumbup:

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.