Kim Jong-il died

Abc1230

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16239693

North Korean leader Kim Jong-il has died of a heart attack at the age of 69, state media have announced.

Millions of North Koreans were "engulfed in indescribable sadness", the KCNA state news agency said, as people wept openly in Pyongyang.

KNCA described one of his sons, Kim Jong-un, as the "great successor" whom North Koreans should unite behind.

Pyongyang's neighbours are on alert amid fears of instability in the poor and isolated nuclear-armed nation.

More at the site

Edited by Kimberly
added article excerpt

I guess he was very il.

oDkbP.jpg

Well, needless to say, this was to be expected. Kim dying of bad health, not the dry puns. Freaking harpies... <_<

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Best case scenario: North and South Korea now becomes one big happy Korea

Worst case scenario: Jong-Il gets replaced by somebody crazier and more daring than Jong-Il ever was.

I'm not sure that's even possible. I think he was pretty much already at the maximum crazy you can manifest in a human body without causing it to like, start disintegrating or something. I suppose you could fit some more evil in there though.

Actually, Halo, I knew a few who used the "Kim Jong is Ill" pun for when the news mentioned he got pancreatic cancer.

I hope things get better with a potentially more sane leader, but it will take a long time to get things going well. In fact, who knows if Kim becomes a figurehead for ideals in N. Korea like Mao is for China?

Also, I thought Kim Jong Il was 80+ years old.

I guess he was very il.

Pfffhahaa.

But seriously, they were preaching that he was practically God, how will they cover it up now? Are they just gonna pay no mind and continue with God Jr.?

16185_s.gif

Doubt it. His son is only 27, and though their political policies are extreme I doubt they're foolish enough to place their country, which is in an extremely precarious position as is, in the hands of an unproven youth. The most likely scenario I see is a power struggle among the lead generals, which could have two results: partial consolidation of power, which would lead to a civil war between factions and make the whole county even shittier, or full consolidation of power, which would lead to war on South Korea.

On the other hand, he could easily have been dead for months now and nobody would be the wiser.

From the little I've heard of Kim Jong-il, he was considered a god. So if the son of a god is next in line, they'll let him rule no matter his age. In the article I read about Kim Jong-il's death the author (western) seemed to think that his son is fine for the job of ruling the country since he's embraced most of his father's ideology and tactics, which is exactly what the people "want".

Expected. I don't hold high hopes for his son to be any better.

I don't either. I find it funny how when you go to read about his son (on wikipedia) it's all speculations.

Will his son be able to beat Michael Jordan in 1 on 1 like Kim Jong-il did? Will he invent the internet and make his lady friends pass out with passion?

The incredible semi-unintentional comedy of Kim Jong-il will never be replaced.

Don't forget the greatest golfer to ever live.

tFtfA.jpg

Doubt it. His son is only 27, and though their political policies are extreme I doubt they're foolish enough to place their country, which is in an extremely precarious position as is, in the hands of an unproven youth. The most likely scenario I see is a power struggle among the lead generals, which could have two results: partial consolidation of power, which would lead to a civil war between factions and make the whole county even shittier, or full consolidation of power, which would lead to war on South Korea.

On the other hand, he could easily have been dead for months now and nobody would be the wiser.

From the little I've heard of Kim Jong-il, he was considered a god. So if the son of a god is next in line, they'll let him rule no matter his age. In the article I read about Kim Jong-il's death the author (western) seemed to think that his son is fine for the job of ruling the country since he's embraced most of his father's ideology and tactics, which is exactly what the people "want".

Sorry.

To his generals and people in power, he is no God, he is just their superior. His son will rule and not make a big fuss and the generals get to live in their estates in luxury. I even doubt a civil war will happen.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Strange coincidence that a friend of mine pointed out on Facebook...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/12/north-korea-christmas-tree_n_1143372.html

"North Korea warned its neighbor on Sunday that the South would trigger an "unexpected consequence" if it allowed a Christian group to put up a massive steel Christmas tree."

:| Either way, hopefully this doesn't turn out into a huge civil mess over there... The country has enough problems already. :-?

hope its a peaceful change to the better.

i have hears some good things about his son, not much, didn't he study in England or something also?

Time to read up on him i guess, something tells me this is what one will be talking with friends about in the near future :)

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

Let's just hope it doesn't turn into a Die Another Day scenario...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I guess he was very il.

oDkbP.jpg

Well, needless to say, this was to be expected. Kim dying of bad health, not the dry puns. Freaking harpies... <_<

You realize you're a harpie right?

As for him dying, meh. Something might happen. It might get better. It might get worse. It might stay the same.

Here's hoping it gets better.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Though it may seem that Kim Jong-il's death might be a good thing, it is in fact quite the reverse: his son and successor is not prepared to lead, and the probable power struggle within the party could do lasting damage to Korea (north and south).

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Strange coincidence that a friend of mine pointed out on Facebook...

http://www.huffingto..._n_1143372.html

"North Korea warned its neighbor on Sunday that the South would trigger an "unexpected consequence" if it allowed a Christian group to put up a massive steel Christmas tree."

:| Either way, hopefully this doesn't turn out into a huge civil mess over there... The country has enough problems already. :-?

icon_e_biggrin.gif Oh, those silly North Koreans!

I hope this gets better, but with all things North Korea, it's practically impossible to predict anything. We just don't know very much about Kim Jong-Un.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Though it may seem that Kim Jong-il's death might be a good thing, it is in fact quite the reverse: his son and successor is not prepared to lead, and the probable power struggle within the party could do lasting damage to Korea (north and south).

It could also lead to a full-scale revolution in NK resulting in democratic rule (although I admit this is unlikely).

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

It could also lead to a full-scale revolution in NK resulting in democratic rule (although I admit this is unlikely).

I think that we can pretty much rule out something along those lines happening - NK makes Gaddafi's Libya look like a beacon of liberalism, while its propaganda is far, far more effective than any Arab spring country.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau