A Very Barrows New Year

Saradomin_Mage

I usually don't, hence my raging lol. But it's all down to luck as per usual... Hopefully I'll have something other than 700k in runes/racks to show for it after the bonus loot is up.

Lately I've been claw speccing instead of using EEE after OVL. What brother should I be using the specs on?

ahrim I'd say..

Or otherwise the borther you're spending most time on pps-ing.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any good ways to keep your agility up while doings barrows? I'm getting tired of having to rest between chests because my agility ends up at 45/99 and my run energy doesn't restore worth a damn.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Are there any good ways to keep your agility up while doings barrows? I'm getting tired of having to rest between chests because my agility ends up at 45/99 and my run energy doesn't restore worth a damn.

Just bring a couple of super restores instead of ppots? :lol:

I think they resore agil

Dharoks axe is my main lewt so far. Why couldn't we have something like effigies? :wall:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Why did you increase the combat levels of the brothers?

Mod Mark: We commissioned a project some time ago to update the combat levels of several NPCs in the game to reflect their actual combat potential. The NPCs in question, which include several of the barrows brothers, havent changed at all in terms of damage output or combat effectiveness, they just have a fake combat level. Things like the barrows brothers are actually quite tough to fight compared to normal monsters. Think of their old stats a bit like pures stats I guess a pure might look like they are weak if all you do is look at the combat level, but often their ability to do damage is, in comparison, akin to a much higher leveled player. Combat level does not take into effect things like equipment bonuses and special attacks etc. So all we have done here is give them a number that better reflects their ability to pwn j00 do damage.

Why? WHY????? The whole idea of combat levels was to reflect the monster's stats, and then you, as a player, would have to take note of their worn equipment and work out how powerful they would be. Why get rid of this old mechanic?

Thats ridiculous. They should just keep it like it always have been giving them 'stats' and churning out a combat level like out charachters have.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

My Eggs: Super Restore Potions are always useful if you find yourself with low Agility lvl. Works, and doesn't take up extra space since it can be used in the place of a Prayer Potion.

(Brothers have been generous so far; 2 x Akrisae Skirt, Akrisae Mace, Ahrim Top, Karil Top and Draconic Visage. <3: Good week. )

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

My Eggs: Super Restore Potions are always useful if you find yourself with low Agility lvl. Works, and doesn't take up extra space since it can be used in the place of a Prayer Potion.

(Brothers have been generous so far; 2 x Akrisae Skirt, Akrisae Mace, Ahrim Top, Karil Top and Draconic Visage. <3: Good week. )

I'm jelly.

Mod Mark: We commissioned a project some time ago to update the combat levels of several NPCs in the game to reflect their actual combat potential. The NPCs in question, which include several of the barrows brothers, havent changed at all in terms of damage output or combat effectiveness, they just have a fake combat level. Things like the barrows brothers are actually quite tough to fight compared to normal monsters. Think of their old stats a bit like pures stats I guess a pure might look like they are weak if all you do is look at the combat level, but often their ability to do damage is, in comparison, akin to a much higher leveled player. Combat level does not take into effect things like equipment bonuses and special attacks etc. So all we have done here is give them a number that better reflects their ability to pwn j00 do damage.

Why? WHY????? The whole idea of combat levels was to reflect the monster's stats, and then you, as a player, would have to take note of their worn equipment and work out how powerful they would be. Why get rid of this old mechanic?

Thats ridiculous. They should just keep it like it always have been giving them 'stats' and churning out a combat level like out charachters have.

I disagree. The Barrows were the first NPC that seemed to actually use weapons and armor. NPCs before that just had base stats that reflected what the equivalent of what they were wearing.

I like the idea that they want combat level to reflect how difficult it is to kill a character. Gorillas are a great example on how healing monsters are much more difficult. The barrows are great examples on how stat enhancing equipment make monsters much more difficult. Maybe this'll lead the way to get rid of combat levels based solely on skill stats alone. If not that, then at least give players some method to tell the combat equivalent level a player actually is based on both their stats and their equipment/food/potions.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I disagree. The Barrows were the first NPC that seemed to actually use weapons and armor. NPCs before that just had base stats that reflected what the equivalent of what they were wearing.

I like the idea that they want combat level to reflect how difficult it is to kill a character. Gorillas are a great example on how healing monsters are much more difficult. The barrows are great examples on how stat enhancing equipment make monsters much more difficult. Maybe this'll lead the way to get rid of combat levels based solely on skill stats alone. If not that, then at least give players some method to tell the combat equivalent level a player actually is based on both their stats and their equipment/food/potions.

Or, you know, monsters and players could be given a danger score. The higher the score, the more danger the player/monster poses. None of this "I have a super attack potion so now I gain 4 combat levels."

ozXHe7P.png

What annoys me most about this update is how it's now impossible to tell whether it's a Barrows brother or some troll wearing full Barrows armor without mousing over them. That combined with crowding and the misplaced-arrow bug results in some very... interesting situations. Like wondering why the hell Ahrim is in Dharok's barrow while trying to find the one you're actually supposed to be killing.

a70c7.png

What annoys me most about this update is how it's now impossible to tell whether it's a Barrows brother or some troll wearing full Barrows armor without mousing over them. That combined with crowding and the misplaced-arrow bug results in some very... interesting situations. Like wondering why the hell Ahrim is in Dharok's barrow while trying to find the one you're actually supposed to be killing.

Auto retaliate is your friend :).

Then they came for me

When racing against an overload and killing 7 brothers every second counts :wink:

The_Diamond.png

When racing against an overload and killing 7 brothers every second counts :wink:

You're playing an MMO, don't forget to socialize & talk with the others who also are doing the same thign.. Otherwise you might just download a single player game and don't use bandwidth which is much better for the environment. So saying "every second counts" is pretty stupid, yet sadly said too often in RS.

Then they came for me

You're playing an MMO, don't forget to socialize & talk with the others who also are doing the same thign.. Otherwise you might just download a single player game and don't use bandwidth which is much better for the environment. So saying "every second counts" is pretty stupid, yet sadly said too often in RS.

Despite the fact that Runescape bills itself as an MMO, it is nonetheless very playable in many other forms, including single-player. Who are you to judge others as to how they play this game?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Despite the fact that Runescape bills itself as an MMO, it is nonetheless very playable in many other forms, including single-player. Who are you to judge others as to how they play this game?

I'm myself, caring about the environment, and noticing the massive amount of data, servers and other resources being wasted for people who don't need, or even use, it.

Then they came for me

I'm myself, caring about the environment, and noticing the massive amount of data, servers and other resources being wasted for people who don't need, or even use, it.

Other people need the servers, data and resources to play Jagex's game. What are you talking about?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Other people need the servers, data and resources to play Jagex's game. What are you talking about?

The MMO bit for me is having someone on the other end of the GE willing to buy my loot or sell me something. Bout all the community is good for. And doing Dungeneering ofc...

The_Diamond.png

I've been pretty active at barrows during the extra loot week. I haven't been very lucky, until the very end ;) here's my loot pictures. Sorry for no cropping, little lazy :P also they're jpg, because I just got done building my first computer and I only have WinXP on it until I get back to college, and I forgot to have it save as png. My old one did that automatically, so I didn't notice it.

[hide=Language]OGutX.jpg[/hide]

vivdA.jpg

Edited by Killerred005
added hide tags
2s0cxth.png

12 Items this week, not including a Visage drop, best week in my barrowing career methinks.

Pretty got my D Claws and my Akrisae set that i got a while back for Ganodermics paid for, with extra cash to boot.

Even got my career's first Ahrim's Hood after over 100 items lol :P

But not a single double drop though :(

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

i did like 20 trips at barrows and got only one loot exceeding 100k

pretty much just gave up after that...

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

Eight medallions completely done, so about 75 trips. I've got Akrisae's Mace and runes. And usually I'm quite lucky with my drops!

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I have not done very many Barrow runs previous to this event. I had an Ahrim hood, and that was it.

This time around I got Torag helm and plate on my first two runs. Then after a frustrating amount of runes and bolt racks I got Karil's skirt. Which I decided to keep. So not too bad I guess...

But mostly, this event gave me a false sense of hope in being able to get a drop (or even a double drop!). I'm sad now :(

35b9enp.jpg

Did a pile of runs last night. Standardized my new set up for gear, and managed to work in all the brothers, including Akrisae, within one dose of OVL/Prayer Renewal per 5 minute trip.

Still, all those runs and the best I could manage was two pairs of Dharoks legs and not in the same drop either <_<

nyuseg.png

Did a pile of runs last night. Standardized my new set up for gear, and managed to work in all the brothers, including Akrisae, within one dose of OVL/Prayer Renewal per 5 minute trip.

Still, all those runs and the best I could manage was two pairs of Dharoks legs and not in the same drop either <_<

Is the prayer renewal even worth using? I personally get to pray on 4 brothers with 80 using protections + piety and get through it just fine.

Prayer renewal suffers from a problem in the Tunnels: the pray drain will still interrupt your prayer, so it is often better to use normal prayer/super prayer instead of prayer renewal.

I found no problems with prayer before going into the tunnels anyway, so I would not need renewal outside of the tunnels

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)